It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any ATS members from America who use Ancestry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone on here is on the American version of Ancestry as I could do with a favour!

I have been researching my family tree on my mum's side for a while now and have moved on to my dad's side which is a lot more intriguing. However, I am having some trouble researching my Grandma and Great Grandad who was a horse dealer in Manchester. I keep drawing blanks on certain information. On Ancestry I have found a man and little girl with matching names who boarded a ship to America however I cant look at that record without signing up to the American records which will cost a lot more and I am not even certain it is them. I thought I could cheat and ask anyone on the American version just to check the record for me!

I'd be grateful for any help

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I am on ancestry looking for my father...found out I have a different father than my mother's husband.

And yeah, it cost about $90 dollars more for me to search in Europe.

So I will take a look see for what I can find. You can post on here or send a pm.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've been on Ancestry for a while now. Went berserk for the first (free) two weeks, then added to it from other free websites. After a lot of research and reaching a few dead ends, I paid for a month and filled in the blanks, then go off the paid deal again.

Right now, even though I'm back to the unpaid service, I still get my shirt tail relatives private messaging me with more information. I'd suggest you try and talk to some of your distant relatives on there and ask them. Most of those people are big on sharing family history.

I've gotten my half brothers in touch with there half sister from their father's other marriage and most recently I've been talking to a distant 4th or 5th cousin from my mother's side. Even talked to some distant half cousins too.

So do some networking, that will get you on the right path I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Thats great thank you. I give it a rest for a few months as it becomes all consuming doesnt it and especially in your situation. If you want me to help with your dad Im happy to do a few searches if you let me know what details you have. Again PM me.

I will dig out my info and let you know by PM which details I want you to look at. Thanks again.a reply to: liveandlearn

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Thats the problem my dad died a few years ago and he was the last of his family. In any event he couldnt tell me much because his mum died when he was 2 and his dad when he was 16. He heard rumours that his mum was very wealthy and his Grandad was a horse dealer. That has turned out to be true as I have found the Wills and hus Grandad left a small fortune to his mum (millions back in the 1930's). Although I have found all this I cant find marriage lines of Grandad nor his mum's birth certificate. On a census there was just her and her dad when she was 7 and it appears she had lost her mum too at a young age but I csnt find birth certificate. I am wondering whether my Great Grandad got married in America and whether my Grandma was born there.

The only family I found was a man saying he has no family living and he is my unckes son which makes him my cousin. I messaged him but he hasnt been on Ancestry for 12 months so a shame really.a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

top topics

join