It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

America Hating Mud Pit, By Defition

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:24 AM
a reply to: and14263

Yeah, as we all experience as parents and families. Still does make love a bad thing, even for the place where you live. You see, you speak of the ignorant and extremes and want to throw all of us in with the bad. I assume you love freedom.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:47 AM
a reply to: MOMof3

If I've spoken of ignorance and extremes in the past I apologise.

If you refer to this thread, I see the humour in extremes. Even in myself.

Love is great.

I do find patriotism hard to handle though. I love mother nature and I love Earth. The boundaries set up by my leaders don't get my love. The achievements of my country cannot be loved either, by me. I believe patriotism is somewhere to direct emotion but I find it illogical.

I certainly don't throw everyone in the same boat. I understand stereotypes, their usefulness and their negative effects. If you are insulted because I have made you think you are 'bad like others' then I apologise again.

In this thread I was laughing at some funny pictures, emphasising a stereotype and I was pointing out how patriotism and love can be tools of control. Nothing was aimed at you.

edit on 3-3-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:04 AM
a reply to: and14263

I don't take it personal. I enjoy reading your perspectives. But I am worried about all the anger and violence in the country right now. Bad decisions can come from so much anger. Maybe a little love for what we have is in order.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:54 AM

originally posted by: redoubt
I found this thread at a website called izismile-dot-com.

It is a great place to find a daily assortment of images, but... today?
Today they allowed one that had so much hate and America-phobia (why not? the 'phobia' suffix is applied everywhere else) that it literally made me sick.

The thread is loaded with more American hating pictures...

I really can't say much beyond wondering how people can hate this nation, by population and then pretend to focus on politics alone.

Anyway... not much more to say except than... if you choose to see the entire collection, be ready...

Best to all.

Most of those images made me either laugh, chuckle, or smile, with the rest of them eliciting either a cringe or a "meh".

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:49 AM
a reply to: redoubt

C'mon most of these are pretty funny. No worse than the memes that some Americans make about other countries or cultures. We should all learn to take a joke.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:26 PM
a reply to: moresco

I agree. This is not like Charlie Hebdo showing a cartoon of Russia "bombarding" DAESH with exploded airliner parts.

To be honest, I don't even think this cartoon is anything more than obnoxiously insensitive. It's still funny. The photos seem to be nothing more than Americans having fun with the notion of "excess". I'm laughing with them, not at them.

Even the military stuff, which is the "hardest", is understandable in context. Everyone wants soldiers in the field to have "attitude".
edit on 3-3-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:13 PM
I made a mistake. Things have not changed. A bit.

During the late 1960s and through til the mid 1970s, it was all pretty much the same as it is today.
We all hated the Nam.
We hated Nixon.
We hated what politics had done... so we marched and protested.

As a hippie, an anti-war freak who did all the stuff society said NOT to do, there was a level of pride... of achievement.
Then when Iran snagged Americans as hostages... the entire thing spun about like a record table.
We realized we didn't hate everyone, just those in the marbled halls of power who were doing nothing to bring them home.

Once this set in, it really ticked off a lot of people who had found a comfort zone... they thought they had taken an entire generation under control. It was that moment that changed so much. I will never forget it.

For all who commented, regardless of message, thank you. I do appreciate it.

Best to all.

- Redoubt

edit on 3-3-2016 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>