It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had rather an unusual marriage proposal the other day...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Hehehe! Only because of your new job as ATS funeral organiser. Although you could do weddings and funerals, diversify a bit?

I would think they'll need a minimum of one long-haired Polish bloke there, to lob coins at them. Better bring a few more, just in case.

Oh, and it is mam not sir.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Ah well good to know mam
Oh right the funerals! I forgot! I need the weddings to so I don't get depressed by all the death! I can't even imagine how it'll be when people start going away either Area 51 and files on all conspiracies or to NSA/CIA HQ down below...Well someone needs to throw coins as they exit! Polish tradition! Like throwing rice. They need someone to head bang. Metal will be played, though perhaps just doom/symphonic so we don't go crazy.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

hahahahahahaha regift

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOO!

Fantastic, brilliant, utterly spectacular news! My deepest and heartiest congratulations to the pair of you!

*bounces around, does a little dance*

Wooooo!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I got this wrapped up the other day....

Unconventinal maybe but how could you say no to this...

60 tooth and fits my table saw and my cross cut saw, I am a little stunned right now and it was 2 days ago.

She's a keeper !

Anyone who's intelligent and loving enough to think outside the box like that in a way that makes the other person's butter melt... is ace in my books.

Well done, Mrs !

Congrats to both of you.

edit on 2-3-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Congrats to you both! May you live long and be happy together.
And make lots of furniture. (so that's what the kids call it these days)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Dude, say yes. That looks like a great saw blade. There is probably more where that came from.

Think of aniversary and valentines gifts. He has good taste!

Also, congrats!
edit on 3 2 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Good luck in the future.
A same sex marriage must be difficult.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

edit on 2-3-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

NonSpecific = Bloke

MrsNonspecific = Lass

It's OK, people got confused on the first page. I think the Saw blade has thrown people.

I propsed to him as it was a leap year and I had to throw him a bone, I couldn't make him wait until 2020.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Hehehe! Only because of your new job as ATS funeral organiser. Although you could do weddings and funerals, diversify a bit?

I would think they'll need a minimum of one long-haired Polish bloke there, to lob coins at them. Better bring a few more, just in case.

Oh, and it is mam not sir.

Woaaaaa!!

Hold ya horses! I could drag this out for years, like some blokes with their Mrs'.

But..
Probably next year, no church, registry office and pub function room. Maybe a handfasting in a woods to start with, followed by the legally signy paper bit for the family afterwards...

I don't knoew. I do know that I already have my dress as I bought it for the work's christmas party and I look all 40s Film siren in it, and Nonspecfic will probably wear a Hawaian shirt, his favourite kind of shirt.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific
Wait...are you saying what I think you're saying? I'm...I'm not invited? We're not invited?
You better be far from the East coast to not invite me!! It's ok...eventually I'll forgive you. I still congratulate you two! Be sure to post pictures of the event!
Always happy to see such happy occasions.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

This is the tricky thing about weddings, people get offended.

What if we set up a live video link and posted the link on ATS and the time it will be broadcasting and then people can watch it live or catch up?

Saves on carbon footprint, plus people can eat popcorn whilst watching it.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That would be great! We could all share the moment together
Everyone can raise a glass to you two

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Good for you, man! That's a great way for her to propose.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
My lovely 18yo daughter had an unusual marriage proposal about a month+a half ago

We were walking out of the parking lot,towards a mall in the provincial capital,when we saw 2 cops approaching. The oldest cop,old enough to be my daughter's father,stopped dead in his tracks and said:"Excuse me! please wait!"
So we looked at him questioningly but he seemed lost for words for a bit,he was staring at my daughter with his jaw just about hanging open.

Then he said:"This is The most beautiful girl i have ever seen!!" while still staring at my daughter like a hypnotised person. He then asked us if we were foreign tourists. I said "No we're South Africans" He said:"Really?! you are only South African? you look like you're from overseas."

Then he asked me:"Are you her mother?" and i replied yes.But the tone of his voice,his face,it was like he'd just ran into Angelina Jolie in the parking lot

Then he said to us,mostly addressing me,while being unable to take his eyes off my daughter:" Please,i can maybe marry your daughter,please? I have a Lot of cattle,i can guarantee you that"

We were giggling by this time and my daughter said:"Thanks very much for the lovely compliment,but i do not want to marry anyone yet"

I said then,that we had to go,my husband and son was waiting at the restaurant,and we walked off,leaving him still gasping and making sounds of wonder and awe

See the cop was black,and in my country there is the practise of "paying Lobola/ilobolo" Which means a man will approach a young woman's parents and pay them a certain amount of cows,the suitor and the girl's parents will discuss till they concur on the amount of cattle to be paid.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.moneyweb.co.za...

I got a lot of mileage out of that-whenever our red meat is finished,i say to her:"See if you weren't being so difficult about the nuptials to the fine cop gentleman,we'd be having steak now!"

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Is there a website where I can find out if a £40 saw blade was too much to give to NonSpecific (
) and if there is a clause about change? Or how many cows he has to give me in return based on a modern points system? Is there a questionnaire I love a questionnaire!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Carbide teeth on that blade. Good women have a little around the edges too. They can help you cut through anything and come out the other side still sharp and ready to tackle the next job.
From the way you've talked about her and her comments on the boards...I'd say you did good.

Oh!! You know what'd be cool? A Live feed of the wedding !! We could all be there. In spirit any way.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Pubs and legally signy paper stuff is good with all of us, I'm sure. I'm pretty certain I can rustle up some stag antlers for the handfasting part; honestly you'll never notice a few extra thousand ATS members! It'll be fine, we'll blend in.

Honestly though, it'd be brilliant if you showed us your video, your dress sounds gorgeeeeouss. Or at the very least, a wee, tiny photo.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Livestream for ATS, as low as I'm willing to go
Seriously though what a splendid event

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join