It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson to tell supporters he sees no 'path forward,' will skip debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ben, you did your best, (I guess) we didnt think you had a chance from the git go- but what the hell; you fight the good fight. So you are skipping the debate, but not officially dropping out... hmmmmmmm - Who will he back, and does it even matter?

Next please!!

Just hours after Ben Carson released a video message to all of his “haters,” the retired neurosurgeon released a statement to supporters saying he will not be attending Thursday night’s Fox News debate and sees no “political path forward” following a dismal Super Tuesday showing.

The statement falls just short of officially pulling the plug on his campaign.

“I have decided not to attend the Fox News GOP Presidential Debate tomorrow night in Detroit,” Carson said in an emailed statement to supporters. “Even though I will not be in my hometown of Detroit on Thursday, I remain deeply committed to my home nation, America.”

Another one bytes the dust

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This helps Cruz and Rubio.

Kasich won't bow out until after the rust belt states, unless there is some deal made.
edit on 3/2/2016 by HoldMyBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

The RNC already had their puppets in line. Ben Carson was as much a threat to the RNC as Trump is. It's a shame really, but he never stood a chance against the Corporations that own our government. When I see people with 10, 20 grand to invest in a retirement plan, I tell them to "Buy a Politician" it is much more lucrative!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
He was the best choice for me.
Damn it.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If Ben Carson doesn't actually leave the campaign now, Donald Trump might accuse you of affecting Carson's results at the next primary.

Just sayin' ...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah Cruz better watch his vocabulary on this one.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That is a shame as I think of all the candidates I would have been okay with voting for Dr. Carson. I guess people would rather have loud and obnoxious candidates (Trump / Clinton) than boring and cerebral.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a pyramid is a grain store killed it for him.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

That is a shame as I think of all the candidates I would have been okay with voting for Dr. Carson. I guess people would rather have loud and obnoxious candidates (Trump / Clinton) than boring and cerebral.

More like people want to be engaged emotionally and mistake it for thought.

Carson was a candidate who required some thought and needed to be considered away from the spotlight where he was prone to making gaffs. He was not one who thought well on his feet.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

You of all people should be able to realize how Political Correctness and the craziness of calling anyone who opposed Progressive nonsense being called Bigots/Racists was the catalyst that drove Trump to his current popularity?

How many times as a human being did you get called a racist for doing nothing more than disagreeing with Obama's policies? Did any of those in the GOP have the balls to call it out for the fraud it was? Name one! Because, I can't think of one Republican that had the balls to say it. 7 years of being called names and people are shocked that Trump has such support?

Nah, I have no faith that Trump can make America great again, because as we can see, most people will still vote for the corrupt house and senate members that will block him for their Corporate owners.

But I sure as hell am having a whole lot of fun watching Pandora's Box open up!

edit on 2-3-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
He was the best choice for me.
Damn it.

He was the one that I disliked the least.
Still not the guy that I would pick as a presidential candidate to begin with though.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Good grief. Carson's woken up from his narcolepsy?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
Kasich won't bow out until after the rust belt states, unless there is some deal made.

Kasich will probably drop out after Ohio on March 15th. If he wins there and depending on how he performs leading up to that day, he might try to stick it out as the 'reasonable one.' I really thought Rubio would pull it together but he's made some serious blunders and now the establishment isn't going to have a candidate.

Trump is taking this nomination with Cruz coming in second. The winnowing of the field has seemed to help Trump. This year is going to be disastrous if it's Clinton vs. Trump. People aren't going to show up to vote and the ones that do aren't going to vote for someone, they're going to be voting against someone.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Kasich is my Governor and even I wouldn't vote for him.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I actually liked him (even though he did have some far out stories)

But he didnt fight hard enough; clearly this campaign is spawning the ugliest and worst behaved candidates.. he just didnt fit THIS bill..

thanks for posting Metal!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I never considered Carson as a viable candidate.

I liked his anti Obama comments a few years ago,but that was it.

At least the GOP put on some semblance of 'choice' compared to two candidates from the other side.
edit on 2-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
This helps Cruz and Rubio.

Don't be too sure of this. Carson supporters despise Cruz, after what Cruz did to Carson in Iowa. It might benefit Trump before Cruz.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am not sure he was presidential material, but he would be a great surgeon general! I hope the next president sees his good character and puts him in an influential position.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Really now another nutcase politician who clearer has some issues?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ben Carson was not very presidential and basically the way he talked about the pyramids being to store grain.
Was comical.

I am surprised he hasn't dropped out earlier.
edit on 2-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join