It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please ATS Members and Non-Members alike, STOP Blocking Ads- Or there may be NO ATS at ALL

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I thought I would weigh in. Was a long time lurker, sometimes a poster. But more lurker than anything. Somewhere around 3? Years ago the ads become so bad I quit coming here altogether. Just was unreadable. Every time I would stop scrolling some banner ad would pop up. Gave me an instant headache. It became obvious it was a cash grab. So I'm not feeling any sympathy. You reap what you so. As to the other observations. Yeah, I see the same political memes posted here that I see on the political websites. They are like a cancer. Lately out of boredom I have been stopping by and catching up, or should I say trying to. There really isn't any content. It's like the place has been invaded by 12 year olds making up alien stories. And political hacks, with a heaping helping of white supremacists. I don't know, maybe I'm just old, but I was old when I first came here. Best of luck acts, I hope you re-find your way.
edit on 10-3-2016 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I am so confused. I don't see any ads when I'm logged in. I only see ads when I'm not logged in. Is there a reason for this? Or am I nuts and just not noticing the ads..? Hmm..
-Nat the confused Cat-

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
then stop covering up posts using ads ats. obscufication is a cover up blocking speech is your choice as a host... delete this account if you want... but then who is really blind and denying ignorance or judging another? as going to this site? is a choice to host it on ones local device.

queen to queens level 3. check and match.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So....... this just happened. An ad took over the page.

Is this going to be occurring from now on? just curious.

edit on 10-3-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

How do you even see ads? Haven't you been here long enough to not see them?
I see no ads whatsoever on ATS.

Hmmmm

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: grey580

How do you even see ads? Haven't you been here long enough to not see them?
I see no ads whatsoever on ATS.

Hmmmm

This has been my thoughts, I'm almost always logged in ands I've never seen any "bad" adds unless I happened to be logged out. Maybe i'm a special snowflake since I've been a long time member, not sure.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I can only guess that the ad loaded before my browser auto logged me in.

Or it was an overly aggressive ad.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So... ATS content is almost exclusively provided by it's members and is moderated by it's members for no compensation. ATS revenue is generated by advertisements targeted to it's members and delivered to ATS members via bandwidth that ATS members purchase on equipment owned or rented by.... ATS members.

Shouldn't ATS be paying it's members to view the ads? Shouldn't all advertisers be paying us to view their ads?

Think about it..... it's not just ATS but the entire internet.

You payed for the computer or cell phone, the WiFi router, and the bandwidth that advertisers are using to deliver their ads to you.... seems to me that we, as internet consumers need to wise up. I think I should be paid to view adverts.... after all it's my bandwidth. Maybe that's the commodity of the future... bandwidth.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I find the site almost unuseable with no ad blocker. Takes forever to load, stuff keeps popping up and scrolling keeps stopping/stuttering. Without adblocker I haven't seen any other sites/messageboards this bad.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

ads increase with numbers this is called revenue the avenue one takes is a polarity or bias. it is what it is until well...
edit on 11-3-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: +e

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I would rather use the Contribution button at the top of the page (and have done so) to keep ATS going, rather than be bombarded with annoying ads.

Ads distract, and make it uncomfortable and difficult to concentrate on the content.

I am an IT administrator, and I can tell you that ads on web pages cause problems. When you open a site up to banner ads, it's possible for malicious things to sneak in. You lose control when advertisers can pop whatever content they want onto your site. And when they flash and take up large portions of the page, they just turn away your audience.

I hope more people help via the Contribute button at the top of the page so that we don't even need the ads.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If this has already been answered, please excuse me. I didn't keep up with all responses in this thread. How many ads a day can I click on which would be a reasonable contribution to ATS? I prefer the smaller, less intrusive ads of late. They're not as distracting and annoying, and are easier to focus on if I do want to pay attention. That helps!

(I despise ads as much as anyone but I'm willing to participate.)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
If this has already been answered, please excuse me. I didn't keep up with all responses in this thread. How many ads a day can I click on which would be a reasonable contribution to ATS? I prefer the smaller, less intrusive ads of late. They're not as distracting and annoying, and are easier to focus on if I do want to pay attention. That helps!

(I despise ads as much as anyone but I'm willing to participate.)

I believe they're mostly after impressions, which means you only have to allow the ad to display, you don't need to click on it.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Ah, thank you for that. Luckily, I came across "Impressions" a few days ago on my Twitter stats; otherwise I'd have no clue what that meant.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
TrueAmerican Thank you for this thread. It is important to on and off emphasize the nature and accessibility of ATS.
I am sorry you are receiving so much slack for a topic that should be obviously beneficial to the universal (public) survival of this site.
ATS is a business based philanthropic endeavor. Only by generating revenue will we be able to survive.
Since I am with out means to contribute financially, I appreciate the enormous effort to provide a free platform that promotes free speech.
The adds are hardly intrusive. I think they are monitored very well unlike many other sites.

Upon the matter of the site owners to retrieve a financial gain. I can only say this is a free market and fortunately not a "nationally managed" dictatorial establishment.
More power to them. They do a fine job.

ATS provides a unique space for any one who is like mindedly "other minded" .

I did not know creating new threads could generate revenue. I will keep that in mind.
Thanks again and

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

just got this one.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was fine with banner ads for YEARS, but as soon as your "ads" started taking over my entire page, or playing videos loud over and over while I was trying to read a discussion. The Ad-Block went in.

The result of people using ad block is the response to some of the most overwhelming, and obtrusive advertising I've ever seen.

Create the environment people WANT to be apart of. Between the ads and the arrogant naysayers that thrive on causing off topic discussions in forums has made this site rubbish as of late.

Id pay to have you ban certain members. PM when that's an option.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yes. And when you click the [X], it goes away.

(post by aorAki removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join