I'm not up to speed on the rules and regulations with online ad compensation, so I'm not sure if this is even allowed as a method to generate hits?
However, I thought I would ask and see if its a happy medium for everyone?
We all hate ads for the obvious reasons (annoyance factor, malware,etc) , but we also know that they are a necessarily evil to cover overhead.
A big problem with ads is that they disrupt the users experience while immersed on the content they are viewing . So why not give ATS members control
on how and when to view the ads in order to minimizing the impact to their users experience?
Create a button that users click when a newly created ATS indicator flag turns Yellow , that brings up a page with ads. That way the ads don't disrupt
the users experience while immersed on the content , but still be able to generate income for the site.
Once the user clicks the button and a page full of ads are displayed their ats flag goes back to green. If the flag goes to Red than the user is
served ads while reading content.
1. Create a [Click me to Support ATS for free] button.
2. User could have new ATS profile indicator that would be green,yellow,red to indicate when they need to hit the button.
3. Users would click the button before turning red and it would reset it back to green after each click.
4. The button would bring up a page of ads , pop ups, or a content embedded with adds or whatever.
5. If the ATS profile indicator goes red the user gets served ads in their content.
I think that would be the best bet for everyone. ATS gets the ad views and the users don't get disrupted or annoyed when reading content.
Also I currently don't get ads based on the ATS algorithm as it appears, However, I would be ok with getting ads in order to spread the ads across
evenly and more tolerable for everyone.
Great community and would hate for it to go away.
edit on 37331America/ChicagoWed, 02 Mar 2016 08:37:13 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)