It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Censored On The Radio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hello, ATS! It's been a long time since I've posted. Honestly, I never have much time to participate in discussions, but I always check in and read the latest gossip, especially concerning the current US elections. This is a very important time for America as we reach an ultimate turning point in our destinies. The whole world is watching and waiting in as much anticipation as us Americans. Many bodies have been dug up surrounding the two most popular candidates, Trump and Clinton. The liberal msm has kept Hitlery out of the fire but keep slow roasting Trump relentlessly. Her crimes are quite clear and it irks the crap out of me it isn't being openly discussed ANYWHERE but alternative sources. Now on to my rant.

Sometimes, on my way home from work in the morning I listen to this FM radio morning talk show with a couple pretentious morons who talk about current events and so on...

I've never tried calling any radio station at any point in my life but today I felt compelled to. The topic of discussion was Hillary Clinton and the quoted some dubious statistics about the number of Americans who accept having a woman as a president and as a NFL coach; the majority favoring the former and the minority the latter. For the last couple months they've always held surface discussions, only focusing on headlines and soundbites and NEVER the details behind any article they source. I googled their following and it isn't much, but these guys have such a narrow minded left winging angle on Hillary that deserves attention and proper debate. I attempted this. I wasn't expecting to get through, but I did, and the girl asked what my opinion was. I said, "The fact she's a women is irrelevant. Her policies need more attention." She agreed and put me on hold.

The host puts me on air and I said, "I just wanted to weigh in on the Hillary discussion. The fact she's a women doesn't matter and we need to focus on what potential policies she'll bring to the table." He reiterated his statistics and said, "When we go to the polls let's remember who actually knows their policies and is going to lead this country in the right direction." I said, "Yeah, absolutely. But still, let's not focus on gender and focus on who her donors are." "Uh, I don't know about all that sir," and he disconnected me as I started saying "It's important to learn what who's she's tied to." Then he took another call without dignifying what I said and never mention it the rest of the show. They went to local news right after their next caller.

I was livid. I just wanted to expand the conversation a little bit. Acknowledging her donors would have made me feel ok about calling, but they didn't want to go there. It sucks being shot down like that. I'm sure their sponsors are pro Hillary which would explain all the Clinton ass licking and PC garbage they spew every damn day. It pisses me off there are people who actually feed in to this crap. I hate being f*ing American sometimes. When I turn on the radio and listen to jackasses dramatizing wrestling matches between Trump and the Pope while the southern born chick with a fake ass valley-girl accent is giggling about social media, I cry for my countrymen, and resist the temptation to drive into oncoming traffic.

It makes me thankful for ATS. Please don't change. The world needs you. Thanks for reading.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteMustDie

I said, "Yeah, absolutely. But still, let's not focus on gender and focus on who her donors are." "Uh, I don't know about all that sir," and he disconnected me

A Cardinal Sin, how dare you suggest they follow the money…

good for you

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy.

Just wait until they count the votes for us....keeping us, you know,
safe.

# 584

edit on 2-3-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You went off-topic bro

A broadcaster never allows a caller to take control of the conversation or say something unpredictable, which you did. The producer was not expecting you to open that can of worms and I'm guessing that's why they took you off air.

But wait...Hillary as an NFL coach? That kind of riveting morning FM conversation should have tipped you off you weren't going to be having a discussion about anything worthwhile.

edit on 2-3-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's what I keep saying. I've been fuming all morning. I even sent them an email explaining my frustration. I don't expect a response...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Haha, that was my very intention.

Too bad it didn't go anywhere. It would have been a great change of pace for their show.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Thanks for telling! One more reason to distrust Hillary (actually all candidates) more, if that is even possible.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteMustDie
a reply to: intrptr

That's what I keep saying. I've been fuming all morning. I even sent them an email explaining my frustration. I don't expect a response…

I wouldn't trip, although they didn't 'discuss it', your question did 'get out there', people heard it. Now maybe a few will switch to alternate sources of information.

As far as the main stream, there isn't enough explosives in all of lala land to change the course of that river.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I agree, america isn't what it used to be before smart phones. I think our smart phones caused a spike in egoism due to the selfies and how flashy our phones look. More technology at our hands to do most of the thinking for us. No more imagination to boost some critical thinking.

As to your post, I agree. What comparison is there with NFL couching skills and important policies that could help or hurt America? Like what vines are to views, radio is to listeners. Only in this case, what's the most dumbest comparison we can make and sound 'relevant'.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

your question did 'get out there', people heard it.

Maybe they just bleep bleep bleep the part of his question they didn't like?

OP, did you listen to the broadcast on the radio a few seconds later? Did they edit the conversation at all? Did they actually censor you, or just take you off the air for not playing ball?

edit on 2-3-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I hate to say it, but it's just the nature of radio--if you don't feed into what the host is discussing, they can move on to another caller and it's no big deal. I hear people get cut off all the time when I'm listening to talk radio on my way to work. Hell, I've bee abruptly cut off before, too. It sucks, but it's not really THAT big of a deal, and it's the host's right and responsibility to keep things on topic.

Take Rush Limbaugh--I don't listen to him very often, but I know that he has "open-mic Fridays" where he allows callers to phone in and talk about anything they want (assuming that they make it past screening). This means that the four other days of the work week, he controls the conversation and dictates what will be talked about. It's just how it works.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I had the radio turned down so I could hear the guy on the phone, so I never got to hear myself talk, but they post daily podcasts of the show on their site. There's a chance they censored it. I'll check tomorrow when they post it get back to you guys. He just cut the line as I was talking, so everyone definitely heard the first bit.

intrptr: I hope so. That would definitely make it worth it.

"As far as the main stream, there isn't enough explosives in all of lala land to change the course of that river."

I sadly agree.
I think Trump has done pretty well to show it's prejudice though, to say the least.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So you were off topic? LOL!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I feel their entire segment was off topic from the real issues.

I haven't heard a peep from these guys about her federal investigation or that BLM black listed her.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Presently, the greatness which, according to Hillary, Amerika now espouses,
will have you tossed from a flight before the wheels leave the ground,
simply because you were heard saying negative stuff, in a private conversation, about Clinton, by stasi agents, lurking everywhere.

See something. Say something.

Thanks, Obama. We get a slow death, yay. I just know that Hillary had nothing to do with it.
Were she in charge, she would have given the arrestee a hug, and an invitation to her refurnished home on Pennsylvania, but you stole it from her.

What was Hillary just saying about it's time for 'peace and love'? How timely.
no, she said "now i's time for love and kindness". That's even better. How effin rich.
To "fill in the hollowness that's been created", she continued.

Again, thanks Obama.

Just wait till she acts on her problem, and I quote Hillary from a previous debate (in which I believe she was wearing her Yeezy 350 boost dress) :

"Guns are the problem"

unquote

She's going to need those agents, and lots of them, when this little power bitch comes out.

To keep us safe.

And so will Bernie. How can anyone not see the resentment his face is etched in?
The power foaming in his brain pan? And seething in hers?

# 585

edit on 2-3-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I even sent them an email explaining my frustration. I don't expect a response...

Send them another email with a link to this thread.

Then post the name of the station here. (am a bit curious why you haven't already...)

I guarantee THAT will get their attention.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
BTW OP, even if you don't feel comfortable naming the actual station, outing the owners BEHIND it might actually carry more weight.

Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read

Now Rep. Maurice Hinchey, a New York Democrat, wants to muzzle “right-wing” talk radio. “I think the Fairness Doctrine should be reinstated,” Hinchey told CNNRadio, Politico reports. The Democrat said he would have the now dormant doctrine attached to a bill he plans to introduce later this year overhauling radio and TV ownership laws.

Former president Bill Clinton recently added his voice to Democrat calls to reimpose the Fairness Doctrine. According to Hinchey, talk radio is unfair. In other words, due to market dynamics — what people listen to — there are few Democrats and “progressives” on the dial and it is up to the government to introduce “balance” through legislation.

During the third National Media Reform Conference was held in Memphis, Tennessee, sponsored by the globalist Soros foundation, Hinchey declared that “neo-fascist” and “neo-con” talk show hosts had helped create the national climate that led to the invasion of Iraq.

More Democrats Call for Censoring Talk Radio

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sorry that you need to fixate on nothing...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Sorry that you need to fixate on nothing...

This is slightly true. I felt kinda silly about it afterwards.

My main concern, and what should have been the focus of my OP, is the blatant bias in the media. I was expecting too much, really. I'm a bit of a news junkie, and it ticks me off the number of talking points and details they overlook on their show.

BTW OP, even if you don't feel comfortable naming the actual station, outing the owners BEHIND it might actually carry more weight.

I avoided naming names because it's not my intention to make this directly about my local radio station. I Googled their sponsors out of curiosity and they're all local businesses, McDonalds, Shane Company, etc... with some private funding. Not much info to go on. They're technically not even talk radio. They have an early morning segment between 5:30-9:00am and the rest of the day is alternative rock.

SlapMonkey: At this point I understand that I'm actually wrong about this. They were only doing their job, and I still got my opinion in regardless.

Listened to the podcast earlier and they didn't actually cut me off. Now I'm a jackass. They DID however mention hearing about the Clinton body bags....but moved on to the next caller asking about women coaching Football. I tuned out after that. My point still stands about the conversation ending abruptly when I brought up the donors. Maybe some locals were curious enough to check it out.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

They were only doing their job, and I still got my opinion in regardless.

Which raises another good point, the elite pwned MSM is there for one purpose only, to push their agenda and make anyone else look like a buffoon.

You crapped all over their propaganda masquerading as news talk radio and to expect them to welcome that would be unrealistic.

Well deserved cudo's for using TPTB's extremely biased weapons against them...

top topics

join