It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My question as a new member: Is the religious-forum the dirty-laundry corner on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

Questioning is the essence of building my faith. It's a good thing. I feel that the signs of a divine being are all around, but I recognize that many people do not see it that way.

Finding truths in unexpected places is a wonderful feeling.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Questioning is the essence of building my faith. It's a good thing. I feel that the signs of a divine being are all around, but I recognize that many people do not see it that way.

Finding truths in unexpected places is a wonderful feeling.

Yes, agreed.

But I also see the signs of some utterly non-divine kinda something all around also. That's what upsets me.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
I'm kinda past the point of needing to feel better. lol.

Let me be clear. I hold it as a possibility, not a core belief. The reason I do is because of subjective personal experience, as well as experiences of others, to which I do lend at least some credibility. Also, science hasn't closed the door on such notions, even though "proof" hasn't, and may never be found. One evidence I do see that makes me think there might be something more, is consciousness. I think Jung was on to something, though I'm not sure what at this point. But if we do have a shared "unconscious", that to me eludes to the possibility of continuity. I personally think the "collective unconscious" may be an explanation for past life memories, but all of that is another thread, and i don't want to take the OP in a whole other direction.

On topic: No matter what you post here OP, you're gonna get challenged. It's the nature of a site like this. There are some very smart people here from all walks of life and faiths. That's why i come here. To learn from them, and hope to be as smart as they are someday. Not likely, though.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

But if we do have a shared "unconscious", that to me eludes to the possibility of continuity. I personally think the "collective unconscious" may be an explanation for past life memories, but all of that is another thread, and i don't want to take the OP in a whole other direction.

No-no-no...don't worry about that. Let's talk about it! I'm interested in it also! Maybe here we can have a little free space to not merely debate but just ex-change ideas and experiences. You wanna hear my well contemplated assumptions about that kind of stuff also?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly
a reply to: Klassified

But if we do have a shared "unconscious", that to me eludes to the possibility of continuity. I personally think the "collective unconscious" may be an explanation for past life memories, but all of that is another thread, and i don't want to take the OP in a whole other direction.

No-no-no...don't worry about that. Let's talk about it! I'm interested in it also! Maybe here we can have a little free space to not merely debate but just ex-change ideas and experiences. You wanna hear my well contemplated assumptions about that kind of stuff also?

I'd be glad to talk about it, but the mods can get real ticky about going off-topic, which is understandable. You would need to start a new thread on said topic, or they will start removing posts. lol.

We're lucky they haven't already.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I just had a revelation. I now know the only reason why I'm here on ATS and probably nobody can realy answer my one and only question I have left on a personal level.

The greater ATS membership will soon pick up on your stance and level of decorum and converse with you accordingly.

Exactely that is what I refuse to accept. I demand to be treated with respect for even posting here for what I have posted already. And that's not gonna happen, that's why I lost interest. Not because I need to be respected by anybody but myself, just because it's a waste of time and effort to post here any longer.

But I will nevertheless mention my question:

Could it be the case that Bill Hicks is still alive? And I don't mean as Alex Jones, that's rediculous. Someone like Bill Hicks would never turn into someone like Alex Jones. No matter how amusing Alex Jones it may have found to set that rumor up. No, what I wanna know is: Could Bill Hicks still be alive? And if so, how can I find out if that is the case?

Why would I want to know that? For utterly completely personal reasons only.

If anybody knows anything about that, please PM me.

I'm outta here...I mean ATS. My revelation was: I lost interest in posting here completely...in an instant...

I've done my job already. I'm done.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Because ATS is not like any other form/board. We are above average and are the site we are because of it.

Lots of folk join, start posting, complaining and don't even bother reading the Ts and Cs we all agreed to..

We try really hard to maintain a sense of positive decorum. The constant antagonists don't last long, and the hoax bin is full of items posters wouldn't have wasted their if they'd just have read the previous threads, post and rules.

So welcome. Just keep posting and don't let anything, person or reader dissuade you and your right to be here.

Peace! MS

edit on 2-3-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

So welcome. Just keep posting and don't let anything, person or reader dissuade you and your right to be here.

Peace! MS

Thanks for giving me one more chance to repeat my only questions I'm honestely interested in:

Could it be the case that Bill Hicks declaired his death, for reasons that are perfectely understandable, and is now living under a different name somewhere? Could it be the case that the mysterious author Jed McKenna is in fact Bill Hicks?

THAT is what I wanna know! And anything else does not interest me at all and I have to say that I consider this world and the pseudo-humans in it as too deluded, too less evolved be allowed to move on to the real universe. This is just a laboratory-event.

So? Does anybody have any information about Bill Hicks being alive? Or is Bill Hicks here on ATS himself, IF he is still alive? Let me know. Because if so, there is hope. Else not.

And furthermore...to answer the question if there is an "after-life" or not: NO! There isn't for most of the pseudo-human mammals! Too selfish to deserve to realy be alive in an actual LIVING universe. This is just a laboratory-event.

I'm done! No doubt about it! And I always was anyway!
edit on 2-3-2016 by Willingly because: Douglas Adams was right!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
As some of the the other users stated, If you can't handle the criticisms to your beliefs I'd recommend staying away from that forum entirely IMO.
That forum is where religions go to die...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It's the dirty-laundry corner insofar as the same arguments that have been around for thousands of years continue to get sloshed around in the heads of people, like so much dirty laundry.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

There is no discussion
As bad as the atheists are, many people who call themselves Christian have no real understanding of the Word

Most of what is posted is ignorance by both sides, coupled with the fact the bible is a very fluid book, has many statements that if taken to literally, to spiritually can be confusing

The other issue is there is no reasoning with people, they have a belief and they wont budge, not so bad but some are very forceful about shifting peoples opinion.

Atheist fundamentalists are as bad as religious fundamentalists

Throw in the snipers who just throw in stupid comments to troll

and then to top it all off, some people have no capacity to accept other people have a different opinion, right or wrong
Some people demand that you accept their opinion and if you don't you should be hounded, as if that will work

Maybe spend a little time working out who is worth conversing with and who isn't.

Its easy to develop a mind set where you perceive some people as aggressive when sometimes they are asking a genuine question

Step gently and kindly

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I really liked what you said here, but one thing in particular grabbed my attention. You used the word "fluid" to describe the Bible. What exactly do you mean by that? I've read something similar and wondering if you mean it along the same line.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I believe the Nicene creed is the standard

Other thing, say creation, baptism, denomination are an individual decision, God created us all different

Legalism or fundamentalism are a poison.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join