It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought we almost did it. Most important election takes a horrible turn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
So the apathy of my generation to allow corporations to run our county almost ceased with awesome grass roots projects. Say what you like but I'll take a Trump Bernie match up any day of the week.

God how I wish we would get these full time politicians out of this race. If Trump gets the GOP and Hillary gets the dems, I regret to say I think it's in the bag for Hillary.

I was hoping we could reverse this now without continuing down this downward spiral. But apparently we still need one of those lessons, if there is a God, please help us.

Hillary is favored to win it all, and that is not fair. She is not a democrat, and neither am I, but I hate people who fake their whole stance. You are not a Democrat if you favor corporate power, or questionable allies. We walk the world implying democracy is a God given right yet we support some of the worst dictatorships (Saudia Arabia, Isreal, and previously Iraq and Iran.) and a lot of the people we support and build conveniently become our enemy for our war machine.

Baby boomers started this horrible apathetic and complacent trend, and the newer generation are unraveling what has been built like spoiled trust fund babies. I hope everything doesn't end up as bad as I expect it to given the circumstances.
edit on 2-3-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The fact that she is still allowed to run is a joke in itself.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

A joke is funny, this is our future. And I'd love to hold politicians and the system accountable, but the fact remains these are elected and hired officials. We have the power of accountability, yet we are complacent with washing our hands after a BS vote and blaming individuals who constantly exploit the system.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
political positions aside, based on the email scandal she should not have been allowed to continue.
she should have been forced to resign from the race.
and this is not some cheap "political attack"
I mean jesus, next time you are asked to email your boss some sensitive customer information instead of using your internal mailing system, send that info from your gmail or yahoo, and let's see if you are fired on the spot or promoted to regional manager.
she clearly showed that she does not understand how sensitive the job is.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I like how you include logic with politics. I've seen blatant breaches of law by all politicians in my life time. None have been charged.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
"So you win again" the corporate elite machine.
Another sad day for the US. So close to something different yet so far away - unreachable without revolution.
Only revolutions deliver real change!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I knew Bernie wasn't going the distance. The younger folks are great at rah rahing for a candidate or contributing a few dollars here and there. They're good at keyboard support and blowing up Twitter. They are terrible at actually getting out to vote. It's great to have their support to get a campaign off the ground and word of mouth advertising, but if they're pretty much all you got, you're done.

It's coming down to Trump or Clinton and having either one in the White House honestly makes me very, very nervous.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

it's frightening how accurate (and sad) this is.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Agreed with the last part. But if you're under sixty we are all at fault for the mess we've had. I feel ya on the yuppies but what happened with Perot? Let's not act like presidents were incredible up to Obama. "hope and change", dude had plenty of top contributors that Bush had. How are you supposed to change. Part of fixing a problem is admitting you have one and I promise this one is not new, we just had a chance.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The joke is the fact Trump is a Clinton puppet.

His job was to divide the GOP for his Clinton freinds while Hillarry focused on crushing sanders.

Seems to be working.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Do not give up entirely my friend, I made a thread a couple weeks back with my prediction for the year.

Prediction of 4 parties... Hilldog, Sanders, Trump and Cruz

It is obvious that Hilldog will be the DNC candidate. My hope is that Bernie will run regardless and based upon his momentum I see no reason for him not to, Sanders fans will not just support Hilldog, the woman is pure evil which is why so many support Sanders, you can just sense the rot coming from this vile monster and the family she represents.

For the RNC, honestly I have no idea who they will select. I thought Cruz when I made the thread, really it is regardless who they select, I doubt that it will be Trump. Trump will run independent, which I personally believe was the plan all along, this way Hilldog wins for sure.

This election cycle has been primed to be all Hilldog for years, the neo-con the globalists want, everything else is a show and what i mean by this is Trump. I think that Bernie is what they had not planned on and is our only hope.
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amWednesday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I remember how Bill beat the incumbent in 92'. Today is no surprise. Watch one of the debates from 92' and tell me it's not oddly similar. Spotting trends is not the point of this thread, but rather it's so obvious and it continues to happen with almost belligerence.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Wish I could share your optimism. This country decides between the two presented to them though. Not to say I don't believe anything else can happen. Most votes I've casted have been write ins, but I'm also a realist.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

what happened with Perot?

The same thing that happened to Ron Paul. The establishment didn't want someone like them holding the reins and did a complete hatchet job on them. Bernie did a pretty good hatchet job on himself. You can not have a plan based on raising taxes in this economy and since Obama pretty much made "free" in to a curse word, Bernie just did more damage by saying "Free College". Every one with a job heard "raise taxes"
I was born in '64. The last good President died in November of '63.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

We were one of the first to offer free public education. I don't think it's farfetched to say we are in a new time where maybe it's time to extend that. Call me crazy but if we have a more educated populous, than maybe in a decade or two we see a drop in crime and more jobs come to a country that is equipped to handle progressive business. I understand that is a bold approach to the problems we deal with, but I'm willing to try something new, obviously the path we're on is not the best.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Until the horrifying reality of Hilldog being president is upon us I shall out of necessity remain optimistic.

Once it happens I shall prepare for the world to burn.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Start preparing. Sorry bud, just as disappointed (understatement) as you.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
So say Hillary does win it all. What the eff do We The People do? At what point can we just call bull# on this entire election? Can we do that? I mean at this point that needs to be an option. It shouldve happened with Ron Paul and the GOP too.

I dont know...with delegates going as rouge as they are this election season voters should hold some better guarantees. We are basically getting proof our votes mean snip in our system.
I get how they are getting away with it though. Trump is crushing it and delegates are voting with him pretty proportionately. Meanwhile delegates are only voting for Hillary across the board. They (delegates and politicians not the media) will play nice enough on one side while doing dirty tricks on the other. Swap. Swap back.

This ensures that not enough people are angry at once simply using the genius for control two party system of shammery.

edit on 2-3-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

The fact that she has any support from any Americans at all is the bigger joke.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As long as most are willing to parrot the "Change the system within the system" tripe, expect it to continue.

I won't be here to see your folly come to fruition and lock or blow you away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join