It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ad issue: Ads not working even after whitelisting/disabling ad-block.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I've read through the posts about ads, and I've turned off ABP and No-script on the site.

However, even after doing that, I still don't get many Ads.

Instead, what I get mostly is this type of HTML markup littering the screen top and RHS:

!doctype html> html> head> /head> body leftMargin "0" topMargin "0" marginwidth "0" marginheight "0"> script>var viewReq new Array );function vu u) [var i new Image );i_ u.replace "&","&");viewReq.push i);] /script> script>vu "https://adx.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/adview?ai x3dC4pn7WhHWVrzxPIHjpAPahoCQC8qfhMgD6rGI-VjAjbcBEAEgAGD9kK6B9AOCARdjYS1wdWItMzkwMzcxMjQxMDkwMTE0MMgBCakConKv2b8NqT7gAgCoAwGqBLsBT9BhWCmop8BhQUQ-BK5G3q 0k-gXHy16rSq0XOYUkuqBJSSx0c8JFP65BWlez0-FO3EX-G0t-ZNO-iB6BfJTX4WXtmeX0FZJ8IZCMlwpur86qYgFTn2lqRNr-uHLAJPi_TQ53TvJkDIRexcMCm3WoxwmHeGP0cVwlCxXbN-EwZryj E01CX48CVvL8RZ05o6OODGsRO_Z9k22_X7cak_Xwrk-yhpDLim2FKma2UM4S9XFciK4PVcDxY7YKoOAEAYAGr7TUq9vn19WVAaAGIdgHAA x26sigh x3dCPusqSCUkjU") /script> SCRIPT language "JavaScript1.1" SRC "https://bid.g.doubleclick.net/xbbe/creative/adj?d

I do get the occasional Ad, but only maybe 2 out of 10, with the remainder being the above quoted text with probable differences in the seemingly random lettering.

Maybe this is part of the issue towards income generation for the site?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I have no idea why, but I don't get any ads. I whitelisted ATS, but I still see No Ads At All. I even turned Ad Block Plus completely off and I still don't get ads.
Go figure.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Apparently posting history is relevant to the amount of ads you may see. I have no idea what the thresholds are, whether it is just posts, threads, stars, wats or if in fact you chose to eat weetabix that particular day.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
wait, wait, wait... You're actually complaining that you don't have ads?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I also have Disconnect that blocks the trackers. It's free and apparently works pretty well.

disconnect.me...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gspat

don't worry about it as it depends how long you've been a member and your participation on the site!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
wait, wait, wait... You're actually complaining that you don't have ads?

No... lol... But it does concern me the admin are obviously upset about Ad revenue from them when they aren't working properly.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

They use an algorithm and seeing ads is based on participation. It's based around flag count...that's what I was told in the thread SO started yesterday.

I don't see ads either, even with my ad blocker off.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You guys somehow missed the point of this thread... It's supposed to be a "Bug report" if you will...

I still see "Ads", but not the banners and such everyone else gets...

All I get is these, for lack of a better term, "Blobs of text"... One of which I quoted in the OP.

So... Just me then?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Sounds like your blocker is still partially active!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Sounds like your blocker is still partially active!

Yup.. after checking in other browsers and ads working fine, I started fiddling.

Turns out it was no-script doing the dirty... Even though it stated it was basically turned off (everything regarded as trusted).

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Glad to be of service !

top topics

join