It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempt to demonize Trump backfires gloriously on MSNBC host

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
yea the black guy thinks we should stop all the racism, then Trump says ban muslims. you dont need msnbc to tell you how crazy trump is, he will tell you himself/

Let me be fair, here.

1. Islam is not a race, so it's not racism, it's xenophobia.

2. You are buying into the half-truth that Trump wants to ban all Muslims--he wants to ban all Muslim refugees until we make a better system to vet them. That's a major part of his stance that's worth noting.

Look, while I like his direct and non-apologetic style, I despise Trump and I think he's making a mockery of our presidential race, and I wish he had never jumped in with both feet. That said, it doesn't mean we need to demonize him based on half-truths and misrepresentations.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

i didnt say islam is a race i was pointing out bigotry. which i explained about 50 times now. its interesting people read what they want and dont pick up on the bigotry. im pointing out the flaw that we can pick out the terrorist thru an unexplained process. like i said i dont like pedophile priest but i wouldn't ban catholics altogether. even if i did ban catholics, how could i determine which are the bad ones and it theyre being honest?

i honestly dont care if someone is non-apologetic, it doesn't make their points any more true. i dont care if its jesus himself saying it. theres better ways of deterring terrorism than banning a group of people from a country. just like when the japanese americans were stripped from their rights in the second war, its illogical to prejudicially lable anyone as a potential terrorist. it wont and cant stop terrorism from happening, its a magic bullet, snake oil.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You know if he becomes POTUS, tries to ban any religion there will be many attempted attacks on the White house.

Forget a crazy pilot trying to ram it, or a guy with an AK firing at it from the street as we have seen before.

I think he is more at risk for assassination than a Black Gay Trans-gendered Satanist POTUS would be

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

i didnt say islam is a race i was pointing out bigotry. which i explained about 50 times now. its interesting people read what they want and dont pick up on the bigotry. im pointing out the flaw that we can pick out the terrorist thru an unexplained process. like i said i dont like pedophile priest but i wouldn't ban catholics altogether. even if i did ban catholics, how could i determine which are the bad ones and it theyre being honest?

I get your point, and I've actually made that point myself in defense of a stricter vetting process--but even then, you can't vet what's in someone's heart, especially from countries that keep shoddy records on its citizens.

But my response was because your comment made a very strong implication/comparison between banning Muslims and racism. It's like someone else posted, not all Muslims are terrorists--not by a long shot--but MOST terrorists are Muslims, at least in our current reality, and even if you consider them as hi-jacking a peaceful religion. So, it's sane to want a stricter vetting process and to hold off letting more in until that happens. It's not sane to hate somebody because of their race into which they were born.

That's a major difference, and that's why I made the distinction.

theres better ways of deterring terrorism than banning a group of people from a country.

Maybe, but it seems that every way that they try, it strips us of our constitutional rights/protections as American citizens. We don't have an obligation (again, as a country) to accept unlimited amounts of refugees. We do, however, have an obligation to do what is necessary to protect our citizens from enemies, both foreign and domestic. So, if we have to temporarily ban refugees from entering the country until we fix our inadequate system of vetting said refugees, so be it. And it's not because they're any race or religion, it's because we need to do whatever we can not to let terrorists slip through the cracks, even if that affects individuals from other countries in the process. It sounds harsh, but so be it, as I don't like playing roulette with my family's lives by letting semi-vetted people into our country in an effort to do the right thing.

What is happening in other countries who have accepted large numbers of refugees should speak for itself. It only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone--that's the reality of life.

just like when the japanese americans were stripped from their rights in the second war, its illogical to prejudicially lable anyone as a potential terrorist. it wont and cant stop terrorism from happening, its a magic bullet, snake oil.

Well, what we did to Asian-Americans was wrong, but the difference is that they were citizens living in the US already, generally assimilated and being productive Americans.

Refugees are a complete unknown with unknown intentions, and whether you like it or not, the tough call that should be made is to limit or even bar entry until we do everything we can to properly vet them and reduce the likelihood that harm will come to our citizens.

Major difference...in fact, it's comparing apples to tires.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: trollz

..........and MSNBC has no place criticizing Trump about racism. They just fired a black host. Pot meet kettle.

"Melissa Harris-Perry will reportedly be fired after the MSNBC host went on a tirade against the network accusing it of using her as a token minority and then skipped out on her planned show on Saturday".

www.inquisitr.com...

I'd fire her too.

What does race have to do with it?

What does race have to do with it? Did you miss the part where she accused them of treating her like "a token minority"? And she wasn't referring to her being a woman, either.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Brilliant. Exposing who the real liars, racists and bigots are in their own beautiful folly. The person who switched tapes should be commended.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

did we ban muslims from entering the US after 9/11 and did it deter terrorism? we did not ban muslims after 9/11 and there were no further terrorists attacks. i understand refugees from anywhere have unknown intentions but its irrational to assume the worst in people, the root of intolerance. thats the reason why i made the japanese comparison, we assume the worst in people. quite frankly, its impossible to compare US anti terrorism to that of other countries. i just dont see the point in banning anyone from any country. shouldnt we ban everyone from afganistan, iraq, lybia, arabia? i find it hard to believe that prejudging only syrian refugees is the answer.

syrians now, then lybians later, then the next arab nation, then the next arab nation. when does the snowball end? at some point were going to ban people from every arab country and any nation where muslims are present. but that wont stop terrorism because even then homegrown terrorism can still happen. so now we have to put all muslims in camps just in case. how far will we let fear control us?

ill keep arguing for a better solution, the destruction of fundamentalist islam. you can disagree but ill tell you now, anyone that promises you a cure all, a perfect solution, magic, cant keep their promise. thats why terrorism is so effective, thats why islamists extremists use it. Bin Laden understood this and until extremism is completely eradicated to the point christianity is now, terrorism will always happen in some degree.

im done for now.

edit on 2-3-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

yea the black guy thinks we should stop all the racism, then Trump says ban muslims. you dont need msnbc to tell you how crazy trump is, he will tell you himself/

At what point did Islam become a race? When did Trump say "ban all muslims"?

i didnt say islam is a race i was pointing out bigotry. which i explained about 50 times now. its interesting people read what they want and dont pick up on the bigotry.

You called him a racist. That's why people are pointing out to you that Islam is not a race. Why dont you guys ever accuse Christian critics of being racist?
edit on 2-3-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist

Nah son. Islam is a religion yeah, but in the US and Europe, it's practiced overwhelmingly by distinctly nonwhite people. so when you go "oh ho, but Islam isn't a race, so it's not racist!" all you're doing is trying to throw a wink and a nudge.

And I believe it's this perception by left wingers/liberals that leads them to fervently defend Islam like zealots. You'll never hear a left winger accuse someone of Christianphobia for example (since they perceive Christians as white and their ever shifting standards don't include those people).
edit on 2-3-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

No, you're wrong--my stance is not based on assumptions (and as I pointed out, I believe that the vast majority of refugees are harmless people trying to flee their country), it's based on evidence. There is evidence that enough of these Syrian refugees are causing harm to the citizens and countries into which they are being accepted. That is enough for me to think that we need to do a better job vetting them before they come in.

This is not at all the same as what happened in WWII with the way we treated Asians in America. We're not concerned about a nation sending in covert military to destroy us, we're worried about lone-wolf and small terrorist cells that claim allegiance to an ideal, not a land with borders. There are plenty of examples of American citizens who have been radicalized into following extremist Islam and planning or succeeding in doing harm to America on behalf of ISIS ideology. Hell, I live 20 minutes away from where Chris Cornell was buying up ammo and guns and planning to attack D.C.--he had converted to Islamist radicalized ideals and pledged allegiance to ISIS.

If that happens from our own citizens, does it not make sense to err on the side of caution in the case of refugees? That's rhetorical--it does. You claim that this is all based on fear--I claim that it is all based on the federal government's job protect its citizens, not irresponsibly just accept any and all refugees if we can do a better job vetting them.

You're missing that point--bettering the vetting system. That's the goal. You're basing your slippery-slope argument on assumptions that the reasoning behind it is bigoted--I'm basing my argument that it just makes sense to do the best we can at investigating people coming into our country in large groups.

I've never said that there is a magic fix-all for this problem, but it's asinine to just let people flow through our borders without being vetted as thoroughly as possible, and even our FBI director has stated that we are not doing that now. Even if it's only 1/1,000 refugees that has ill intent in their heart, I don't want anyone let in until we are relatively confident that we've done all we can to stop that one. Obviously some will slip through the cracks, but that's better than all of them slipping through.

I'll repeat--it's only logical to stay the inflow of refugees until we better our vetting system. It's asinine to let them flow in knowing that we have a broken vetting system.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

That was almost perfectly staged. lol

Does anyone else see this?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

..........and MSNBC has no place criticizing Trump about racism. They just fired a black host. Pot meet kettle.

"Melissa Harris-Perry will reportedly be fired after the MSNBC host went on a tirade against the network accusing it of using her as a token minority and then skipped out on her planned show on Saturday".

www.inquisitr.com...

I'd fire her too.

What does race have to do with it?

What does race have to do with it? Did you miss the part where she accused them of treating her like "a token minority"? And she wasn't referring to her being a woman, either.

She can accuse all she wants. That's her problem.

I'd fire her for not doing the job she was hired to do. That's why I'm saying race has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Not a fan of Trump, but that was very unprofessional of her. The funny part is that MSNBC pulled 'gotcha' journalism on MSNBC.

She could have said the same thing by saying, "guest, is there anything to what that man just said?"
edit on 2-3-2016 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Just wanted to make sure everyone understands terrorism and terrorists have been around since long before America had a name.

Look at the history of Poland if you want a crystal ball, the Mongolians, the Romans, the Nazis, the Soviets. Look at the IRA, Timothy McVeigh, or the American Family Association you want an example of Anglo European or Western terrorists. Remember Aurora, Colorado, Sandy Hook, or Columbine if you need more proof we, as Americans, have these problems with or without a wall or Trump. Just as the rest of the world must face reality on a much more consistent basis, we have to be able to look in the mirror and improve ourselves if we want to demand the rest of the world to improve.

Time will show, I believe, that the world is going to be demanding change from humanity on a global scale all on its own, and the only way to face the things that will stand in the way of humanities progress will be to understand that as humans the overwhelming majority of us just want to see tomorrow with comfort.

If we can all agree on that one goal, we can all rest easy despite another's opinion.

We lack empathy, we lack courtesy, and we lack understanding.

Closing a border, or electing one person over another cannot fix that.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

What race or country do muslims come from, if you don't mind me asking

What race or country do Jews come from?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Nah son. Islam is a religion yeah, but in the US and Europe, it's practiced overwhelmingly by distinctly nonwhite people. so when you go "oh ho, but Islam isn't a race, so it's not racist!" all you're doing is trying to throw a wink and a nudge.

And I believe it's this perception by left wingers/liberals that leads them to fervently defend Islam like zealots. You'll never hear a left winger accuse someone of Christianphobia for example (since they perceive Christians as white and their ever shifting standards don't include those people).

Thanks for telling us what leftists think. It saves us having to listen to their opinions first hand.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Projection
So, when you say anti-christian, you really mean anti-white?

I have no issues with arabs, indians, asian, etc..I got a big problem with islam and their sewage culture and religion touching western culture.
You can call me a racist, but you know I am not, and that then makes you a liar
and a liar never has anything worthwhile to say.
I am anti islamic. wahhabism is the most toxic culture being spread on earth.
I dare you to call me a racist.

btw, I am not supporting Trump. I am a liberal agnostic-atheist. being anti islam comes with this view. regressives are the ones begging it be about skin color verses bad ideas in religion.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Proper liberals dont defend islam..no more than they would defend any other religion anyhow.

progressives will, and will do so while trying to insist islam is a skintone that needs protection and sympathy.
Progressives aren't liberal. they are radical fringe leftists trying to bring back segregation disguised as social "justice" (instead of individual justice).

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

At what point did Islam become a race? When did Trump say "ban all muslims"?

i didnt say islam is a race i was pointing out bigotry. which i explained about 50 times now. its interesting people read what they want and dont pick up on the bigotry.

You called him a racist. That's why people are pointing out to you that Islam is not a race. Why dont you guys ever accuse Christian critics of being racist?

well if you can show me my quote that says i called anyone a racist, id admit it. i never did i pointed out bigotry and somehow thats equivalent to calling someone a racist. of course islam isnt a race. thats just you lying and saying i called islam a race.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

its one thing to say we need better immigration screening but id never say x nationality, race, religious group isnt allowed to immigrate. like i said we didnt have to reject muslims from entering the country after 9/11, at a time when we expected another attack. ill just have to disagree with you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join