It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proliferation of Psychopathy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
With all these spree shootings going on around the US, I wonder: why now? Why is there a new mass shooting every week while politicians are aggressively campaigning to take away guns? Why wasn't this going on at the same rate 10 years ago? Are social media campaigns by ISIS and Black Lives Matter inciting a Helter Skelter race war? Maybe a little bit, but I think there's more to it. It's the 21st century. Almost everyone has seen thousands of murders in TV, films and video games, and seem desensitized. Negro music glorifies drug dealing and violence. Are people really so stupid, as to believe it's okay just because they see it on TV? It seems like they are.

Never before have people had access to information media like they do now. Is it deliberate agenda to corrupt people through entertainment? I grew up watching R-rated films while I was in preschool. Never in my life did I think it was acceptable to murder, rape or steal. I've shot guns on multiple occasions. Shooting a .40 cal at a pumpkin, hearing the deafening blast, watching it blow open, and feeling the recoil in your hand as the cartridge ejects... How could someone think that it's acceptable to use a firearm or any weapon irresponsibly?

Do people not know right from wrong? Why are people so selfish? You can see videos of some jerk snatch a purse from a lady, and no one even bothers to stop the guy. I witnessed an attempted robbery in San Diego. An irate customer was demanding a refund, and he was trying to grab the cashier. I asked a guy in the store to call 911. The guy had an iPhone on his waist. He refused, and walked out. So, I ended up scrapping with the guy in the store and in the street until the cops showed up.

I'm thinking that humans have always been full of crap.
edit on 1-3-2016 by Darmok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Too many rats in the cage, so they start eating each other.

K~

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Darmok

If you shoot a bunch of people you become an insta-celebrity.

Negro music

Dude. C'mon.
edit on 1-3-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Interesting.

Please, would you care to clarify, did you, or did you not, just place the Black Lives Matter movement, alongside the militant Muslim organisation IS, in basically the same pigeon hole, and then use the term "negro music"?

If you did, the chances are that the problem you need to deal with first is your outlook.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Did i just read negro music?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Did i just read negro music?

History doesn't repeat itself, it just does a u-turn and we run everything in reverse.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

People are frustrated and angry. Also, people who are Atheists.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

anyone excepted in the fold of "leaders" all are pchycopaths and or sociopaths, not one good honest person that cares about others before themselfs will ever be in politics aside from the local level and that last part of my statment is a reach

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I consider myself an empath and not even close to psycho but I wonder about some people I run into sometimes.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Funny you should post a thread on the same vein and the same day as mine......check it out....
Im having similar ponderings...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

People, what a bunch of bastards.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Lol, the OP has done a runner!

Funny as #, I mean what kind of fool would post the term 'negro music' in any digital platform outside of Stormfront and assume the readers will agree?!

Come back OP, I'd love to hear your reasoning.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Back in the 1950's, Rock-N-Roll was called Negro Music, I suppose jazz was too. The way people reacted here, you'd think that he dropped the "N" bomb. Negro is more or less a technical term derived from negroid.

Anyway, back to topic. I'd say that so many people in the U.S. are so self absorbed now-a-days that they may be on the verge of psychopathy. I have no research to back this up, but I don't doubt it is the new normal in many ways.
edit on 2-3-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A nation of severe narcissists close to the psychopathic edge.....my take....

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Too many rats in the cage, so they start eating each other.

K~

Wow. Adam Savage of Mythbusters was on Steven Colbert, and he told the following story about the cannibal mouse.
I found him on youtube telling it to an audience. You really just need to watch the first two minutes, but I think the story can be applicable to the way some folks are feeling now. Your post made me think of it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I think it's a perfect storm of a lot of social problems:

- Breakdown of the family unit and moral teaching. Before at least one parent was usually home to provide early guidance.
Now nobody's home. Kids are raised at daycare, school, more school activities, and by social media and video games. No early bonding to anyone. How can you care about a family you barely know?

- Horrible lack of well paying blue collar jobs that allowed said family unit above to prosper on one income. With widespread outsourcing nobody has the assurance that their job will be around tomorrow. People are angry and frustrated that even if you go to school, work hard and play by the rules you may still end up homeless and bankrupt if your job is given to a foreigner, or the stock market goes bust and there goes your 401K you worked your a$$ off for - no pensions anymore...It's easier to become a drug dealer.

- Media & social media propaganda urging polarizing of the masses and dumbing down. Reality shows that urge mean competition and bullying as acceptable behavior. Demonizing of any addiction except that of hoarding money. Kindness and empathy is read as being stupid and gullible. Being a loud mouthed jerk is read as being confident and a "go getter".

It's nothing new though. You're right, humans have always been full of crap - mean, greedy, prideful and mostly horrible to each other but maybe we could blame it on ignorance. The difference is that we are now willfully ignorant. We know better but now we've made it acceptable to be an a$$hole.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Look up "Hookah" by Tyga on YouTube. The dude sounds like he has some major retardation going on. It also sounds like he chugged some of that anti-gravity soda-pop from Willy Wonka's factory. Yeah, I said negro music. Why are all the fools in videos with boats 'n hoes? How does one go about "big pimpin"? One guy said he wanted me to look up Jay-Z's Album "Magna Carta, Holy Grail". Dude... this pure crap! Now, don't get me wrong; I love me some beans & cornbread, fried chicken & waffles, ribs, red pop, and big butts. But why do the negro youth walk around like puppy-monkey-babies? With their boxers showing and their jeans below the butt cheeks, many of them wear belts (albeit far from waist-level) and swagger around like a toddler who just took a smash in his pants.

Dropping it low, twerking, making it pop? After 400+ years of slavery, these are the "finer things in life" (as Sisqo so eloquently put it) along with selling drugs, drive-by shootings, robberies and other variegated, ragamuffin trivialities.

Out of the mouths of babes, as they say... Latarian Milton, at age seven, brazenly verbalized what many adults think but few dare to say. It's fun to do bad things.

I've sat in jail for over 100 days. You know what I heard? Crappy rhymes people made up, psychopaths bragging about the bad things they've done (murders, rapes, robberies), how it's all the cops' fault they're in jail, how they want to silence witnesses, and every other word is "whiteboy".

Not all lives matter. I was white guy in jail for kicking another white guy in the face a few times because he attempted to burglarize a vehicle I had borrowed. Something about "you can't brandish a knife and tell him you'll dump in weeds if he does it again". Why not? If I'm sleeping up in my room, how can I be sure my property is safe in the parking space out front? I can't. So I figured I'd make that crackhead feel unsafe by associating some trauma with attempts at f*cking with my stuff.

new topics

top topics

join