It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The KKK Can Take The Litter Away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
ONETWOTHREEFOUR

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court let stand on Monday a ruling that the Ku Klux Klan white supremacist group can take part in Missouri's "Adopt-A-Highway" program in which volunteers pick up trash along the road and the state puts up a sign thanking the group.

Jeez this is a tough one. I admire both free speech and clean highways but can't seem to reconcile the two. The state has a point..

Missouri appealed to the Supreme Court. It said it wanted "to avoid giving motorists the mistaken impression that the state has anything good to say about a horrific, racist group."

while the Klan has a pointy hat. I love freedom but I would be nauseous driving down a section of highway kleaned by the klan. At least I'd know what to do with all those bags of dog poop that collect over the winter.

edit link www.reuters.com...

[edit on 10-1-2005 by deevee]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I was reading this earlier and was thinking the same thing.
I can see why the state wouldn't want to put up a sign thanking the KKK how far will they go to avoid doing such? Will they opt out of the adopt-a-highway plan all together? Or keep fighting it?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I never throw garbage out of my car. I wish others did the same and
then we would'nt need "adopt-a-highway" and so this discussion
would'nt even be here.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
True enough, elaine.
What's horrible is when peopel actually dump large bags full of trash on the sides of roads. It's horrible.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Is bottled urine considered garbage? I keed, that's disgusting.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Here's an idea.
Throw your old pixy stix and Hershey bars wrappers and your Guinness cans etc on the ground on the street adopted by the KKK. That way they will spend so much time cleaning up they won't have time for their racist crap

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is absolutely hilarious

"This highway adopted by the Ku Klux Klan of the state ofMissouri"

Oh thats rich

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This adopt a highway program of picking up garbage and debris along the highway seems fitting for a group like the KKK. I new they were good for something!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wouldn't it bother them that they *may* be cleaning up after black people? Oh, the horror!

Look, I'm all for free speech--so long as it doesn't harm anyone. Your constitutional rights are not being violated when you're busted for slander or libel, and what does the KKK do? Slander and libel against minorities.

There's something to consider.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Free speech is free speech for any reason.

Hate speech should be embraced as much as any other type. I don't even know why it would have to go to court, they should have been given the same rights as any other group wanting adopt a highway.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I hate the KKK but if they wanted to come around once a month and do my yard work....

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Technical
I hate the KKK but if they wanted to come around once a month and do my yard work....

haha thats great....

I think its good that the kkk wants to do something productive besides burning crosses and that type of crap. and they certainly do have the right to "adopt a highway" so go for it kkk, way to advertise

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I think its good that the kkk wants to do something productive besides burning crosses and that type of crap.

The burning of the cross is not meant to attack Christianity, esp. since Ku Klux Klanism is a minority sect of Christianity: they believe that European-derived peoples, not Semites, are God's Chosen People. Rather, the lit cross is supposed to symbolize the awesome and "firey" power of God/Christ, see www.k-k-k.com...

Regards.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I know, lets see, how about they be made to pick up ribs, watermelon, empty bacardi bottles, mexican cerveza cans...get the picture??? I'd love to see their faces that day...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The kkk.

Were not the same, did not have the same, views they have right up till today.

So-LOL., if they want to change from being all out racist to bonafide helpers of mankind - that goes for black and white.

Then Im all for it.

It just goes to show people, intelligence is winning over ignorance.

Now if Rap did the same thing,

AHH wouldnet the world be a better palce!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
People have come along way through the years.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It is a good thing for inbred ill informed people to have something to do in the summer, then maybe they won't be spreading hate and their mutated genes to there family members.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
It is a good thing for inbred ill informed people to have something to do in the summer, then maybe they won't be spreading hate and their mutated genes to there family members.

Actually, Whites are the least inbred race, while highest inbreeding is found, at least historically, among Jews, which has resulted in many recessive gene medical problems for them, like Tay Sachs disease. So, I would suggest debunking the Ku Klux Klan based on actual facts, not unvalidated claims.

Regards.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I can just imagine driving down the highway and all of a sudden I see a bunch of klansmen in white rhobes cleaning the roads.

On a seriouse note this could be dangerous. There could be a lot more accidents caused by people taking one hand off the wheel to give them the finger.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56On a seriouse note this could be dangerous. There could be a lot more accidents caused by people taking one hand off the wheel to give them the finger.

Haha.

So what is going to be on the Thank you note? "Thank you very much for terrorizing the minorities of the U.S, for lynching hundreds of innocent people because of their race."

Surf

top topics

<<   2 >>

join