It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you pay per-month for an Ad-Free ATS?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

WTF is your problem? I'm asking a legitimate question, and not just for my own benefit. There are people here who really like this site and want to participate and who don't have a lot of money.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I neglected to state my vote for the poll: I would easily commit to $10/month. More, if it made the difference between this place we love staying up and running.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

WTF is your problem? I'm asking a legitimate question, and not just for my own benefit. There are people here who really like this site and want to participate and who don't have a lot of money.

Personally I find your legitimate questions idiotic and abrasive. You've contributed nothing of value to the entire discussion of how to handle the advertising issue on AboveTopSecret. Every single post you have managed to find a way to be obtuse and annoying... That's my problem.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So free speech. You're no angel either.

I've helped this site financially. I have as much right to post as you do.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Come on now,

Restricted has a good question and proposes an interesting problem that your solution of "Don't get banned" doesn't solve.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

In the question posted in the OP, you can continue to participate here for free, just like you are now: with ads. The only change would be that you could pay to not have the ads (basically, buy out the adspace each month). Some people would find that attractive, some wouldn't care. Both would still participate here.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A friend told me this is getting a Trump site, why? Because money talks!

Dont know if he is right or not?

Seriously, if you invoke the rights to reply, because ppl are educated enough to use an adblocker.. you just shot at your own feet ATS.

With all due respect!

edit on 2/3/2016 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Okay, so the transaction is strictly related to whether or not one sees ad content or not, and not related in any way beyond that to user experience?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

In the question posted in the OP, you can continue to participate here for free, just like you are now: with ads. The only change would be that you could pay to not have the ads (basically, buy out the adspace each month). Some people would find that attractive, some wouldn't care. Both would still participate here.

But that wasn't what he asked about.
Ok, let's say one day I pay a sub or donate, $25 either way. Imagine, if you will, the next day you & I are having a heated disagreement over whether or not a new, snazzy gorilla av of yours is offensive somehow. We get snippy back & forth, and eventually I cross a line big-time, and get banned.

What happens in that case to the sub/donation amount? Gone for good? Refunded? That's what Restricted is getting at, as far as I can interpret.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think you know the answer, you just don't like it so you are hoping the owner will make some loophole. I doubt you are so naive as not to know how bans would work in pretty much every other business relationship there is, but just in case: if you donate $2500 and get banned one week later, you don't get the money back. If you subscribe for 6 months, your payment goes through and then you get banned, you lose out on that money. Donating/subscribing does not get you any special exemption privileges from the ban hammer if you break the T&C.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

So zero incentive to invest.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

So zero incentive to invest.

Yes, if your idea of an investment is to gain immunity from being banned...

Seriously though, it's one thing to ask "is there a legitimate incentive for me to donate/subscribe?" compared with wanting special privileges that unfairly disadvantage other members.

edit on 2/3/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I didn't say or expect any such thing. I want to know if I get a pro-rated refund if I screw up.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

One question . Most that have replied here would not have a problem with adds due to their posting history , same as myself . Would this mean that those of us that do not pay for add free ATS would all get bombarded with adds , if so i see that as a backwards step .

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Ok, I now see where you are coming from. I guess we will need to wait for the site owner to make a return to this thread and answer your question before we can be certain.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

This is what I don't get. I don't use adblock and I only get 3 ads that I don't even see them cause I'm zoomed in a bit.

I assume this is the same for the target group of this subscription option. Why would ads even be an issue for these posters, in the current situation?
edit on 2-3-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'd rather see the ability for people to cash in quality post points or something, say we get a point for every post or reply, but to prevent spam posting for points, you only can get a point an hour.

Then we can cash in about 5 points or so a month to be rid of ads.

Keep a cash option open as well for people an they will use it, since many people are impatient and will gladly pay. However many in this world don't have funds to either pay to get rid of the ads, nor pay to buy whatever that ad is selling. So really the ads do nothing but bother people who can't buy whatever the ad is advertising, so why show it to them?

I understand ads for a website, I current run 4, 3 without ads, 1 with, the ones without ads do much better than the one with, that's for sure, regardless of SEO work I do.

I just think ads have a place on maybe a homepage or on key pages users must go through say the main sections of forums, but inside each post they should poof, we can for the stories and posts.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
You have to be a huge prick to be banned here BTW

Personally I find your legitimate questions idiotic and abrasive. You've contributed nothing of value to the entire discussion of how to handle the advertising issue on AboveTopSecret. Every single post you have managed to find a way to be obtuse and annoying... That's my problem.

You have to be a huge prick to be banned here BTW

Obviously not...
edit on 2-3-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I haven't found a decent chat room client I like. The problem is, that with social media and mobile, traditional chat is going extinct.

That may be so, but you aren't running the site interactively on social media or mobile. You have a loyal and established user base who used chat, would like it back, and would be willing to pay for it.

Please reconsider......

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
God this is a horrible idea.

It will turn into a clusterf..k.

Up your ads, every one else just deal with it.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join