It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you pay per-month for an Ad-Free ATS?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
How about 25 bucks for a full year?

People need to chill out this is an optional thing

Yeah, 25 sounds better

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
a reply to: yuppa

Seems like you are the one that needs to have things explained to him.

I know what im talking about though. i been here a little longer than you.

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

There. is That specific enough for you? It was in the TnC but you obviously missed it. it IMPLIES you are not to use a a ad blocker INSIDE ATS. IE LOGGED IN. Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I haven't found a decent chat room client I like. The problem is, that with social media and mobile, traditional chat is going extinct.

I would love a chatroom option. If you think chat rooms are going extinct, let's prove them wrong by having the happeningest chatroom on all the interwebs!

I agree. Soon as I get my stuff together id even pay for a chatroom to exist. We could get our own little server and run a chat on it.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yep I agree chat needs to come back

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: muse7
How about 25 bucks for a full year?

People need to chill out this is an optional thing

Yeah, 25 sounds better

I support those guy. No need for more thing, we just need no ads for low fees. 24$/Year should easily give more than the ads revenue for one person. If 24$/Years is not enought, it's mean that only ads aren't. You should try to find another source of revnue for the website. That might be swag or phone applications...

I'm against all other restriction (or benifits) for a subscribing user. (May be except a mention)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
i could never get into chat

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

We're looking at using Stripe to accept payments for our potential subscription plan. They accept bitcoin, and so far looks like also gifted subscriptions (confirming).

The plans would be:

$5 for a single month, or monthly reoccurring.

$50 for a single year, or annual reoccurring.

$250 one-time for a lifetime subscription.

I still feel like there needs to be a logical perk other than a sequestered forum or other walled garden. Working on it.

And how's that going to work with the banfairy when a person has a lifetime subscription?

Do they get a refund?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

i don't see this ending well

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It's a question that must be asked. This site is asking for an investment. Potential clients want to know the answer to this question.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

It's a question that must be asked. This site is asking for an investment. Potential clients want to know the answer to this question.

yup, i know,

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I know what im talking about though. i been here a little longer than you.

You just don't know when to quit do you.

IF YOU"RE NOT LOGGED IN

For now, you get the big ugly message, and none of the links on the page will work. It's not quite as drastic as the measures many other sites are taking. Many are starting to block ad-block users altogether. In our case, for people who come from a Google search and land on deep-content, if they're using an ad-blocker, at least they can read the material they expected to find.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No amount of time on ATS will fix inherent stupidity. Just a bit of logic would be enough to get that this request is also aimed at non members, since they are by far the biggest group of users, exposed to the most ads.
edit on 2-3-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

And how's that going to work with the banfairy when a person has a lifetime subscription? Do they get a refund?

That truly is a great question.

How about if members aren't even eligible to subscribe until they have been here a year.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

We're looking at using Stripe to accept payments for our potential subscription plan. They accept bitcoin, and so far looks like also gifted subscriptions (confirming).

The plans would be:

I still feel like there needs to be a logical perk other than a sequestered forum or other walled garden. Working on it.

And how's that going to work with the banfairy when a person has a lifetime subscription?

Do they get a refund?

This is an easy one... Don't get banned.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

The plans would be:

Do they get a refund?

What are you? Twelve?

The management wants to make this a business relationship. I want to know the Terms of Service.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Even better: After one year, subscribed members can only be banned by tribunal (of some sort to be determined later).

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

The plans would be:

Do they get a refund?

What are you? Twelve?

The management wants to make this a business relationship. I want to know the Terms of Service.

You're paying in to not see ad's. Rather than being a free loader who supports extortionists.

I doubt a gym would refund your money if you were harassing other patrons of the establishment to earn a ban. Which is easier than you think...
edit on 2-3-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Maybe you should step into the corner and refresh your lipstick. Hit the Scope while you're at it.

I've asked a legitimate question as a potential consumer. $250 is a lot of money. $50 is a lot of money.

I want to know how the banfairy is going to operate for big investors.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Farewell ats

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Maybe you should step into the corner and refresh your lipstick. Hit the Scope while you're at it.

I've asked a legitimate question as a potential consumer. $250 is a lot of money. $50 is a lot of money.

TheAmazingYeti, whether you like it or not, this is a legitimate question. If someone donated a grand, and then is ban-hammered a day or two later, what becomes of the $1,000 donation? What becomes of the banned person who pays their annual sub, and is ban-hammed an hour after the fact? Is there a spread of time -- a grace period, if you will -- between subbing/donating, and no refunds, or is it no refunds from the get-go?

Simple question that should have a simple answer, one would think.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

$50 is a lot of money?? Poor child...

Do you get a refund from Blizzard if your banned from World of Warcraft..no. You can apply that logic to any MMORPG or online games like SimCity, League of Legends... etc..etc..

EDIT:

TheAmazingYeti, whether you like it or not, this is a legitimate question. If someone donated a grand, and then is ban-hammered a day or two later, what becomes of the $1,000 donation? What becomes of the banned person who pays their annual sub, and is ban-hammed an hour after the fact? Is there a spread of time -- a grace period, if you will -- between subbing/donating, and no refunds, or is it no refunds from the get-go?

Simple question that should have a simple answer, one would think.

The simple answer would be... Don't get banned. You have to be a huge prick to be banned here BTW

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join