It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA is testing implanting chips in soldiers’ brains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
did a search of ats and found nothing so delete if already posted and move if in the wrong place please

fusion.net...

For decades, DARPA, the secretive research arm of the Department of Defense, has dreamed of turning soldiers into cyborgs. And now it’s finally happening. The agency has funded projects that involve implanting chips into soldiers’ brains that could one day enhance performance on the battlefield and repair traumatized brains once the fog of war has lifted.

A DARPA spokesperson told Fusion that “brain-neural interfaces” have not been implanted in soldiers, though researchers have already begun testing such devices by temporarily implanting electrical arrays into the brains of volunteers undergoing surgery for other neurological issues. Defense One, an online magazine that covers the military, reported last year on DARPA’s work on brain chips to treat PTSD, and said that DARPA was not yet in the testing phase. When DARPA launched its RAM (Restoring Active Memory) program last year, it projected it would be about four years until researchers were implanting permanent chips in humans.

thoughts ? opinions? are brain controlled soldiers next?
edit on 1-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Then they can carry out a real life order 66, and turn them against citizens, or anyone.
It's only science fiction until it become science reality.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Had to happen sometime. After all as the singularity approaches the distinction between Man and machine will become rather thin.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
did a search of ats and found nothing so delete if already posted and move if in the wrong place please

fusion.net...

A DARPA spokesperson told Fusion that “brain-neural interfaces” have not been implanted in soldiers, though researchers have already begun testing such devices by temporarily implanting electrical arrays into the brains of volunteers undergoing surgery for other neurological issues. Defense One, an online magazine that covers the military, reported last year on DARPA’s work on brain chips to treat PTSD, and said that DARPA was not yet in the testing phase. When DARPA launched its RAM (Restoring Active Memory) program last year, it projected it would be about four years until researchers were implanting permanent chips in humans.

thoughts ? opinions?

God or some higher life form help us!

I am firm in my belief that I no longer belong on this planet.........

I surely hope only those who are extremely desperate for cash are the only ones volunteering for this mad experiment, because if not, it just goes to show you how damn dumb people have become.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So it has come to this.

What happened? Does television not suffice any more?
Public education getting out of hand maybe?

Or, most probably, is it another "look at what might happen and be scared, instead of what actually is going on and react"?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

fusion.net...

For decades, DARPA, the secretive research arm of the Department of Defense, has dreamed of turning soldiers into cyborgs. And now it’s finally happening. The agency has funded projects that involve implanting chips into soldiers’ brains that could one day enhance performance on the battlefield and repair traumatized brains once the fog of war has lifted.

I may have read hear or elsewhere that these implants are NOT optional. I can't say it is true but it's a rumor I've heard. It seems all possible for this to be mandated to many of the first soldiers getting it. Hell a guy can't say no if he is facing a dishonorable discharge.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well, I guess they could be helpful for some people to gain some IQ points... Not for the Brussels commissars though! For them there's no hope. Nonetheless you can run a good theft business with these RFID chips, if you are a bankrupt state that is totally overfinancialized and whose stock market is about to collapse. So you can use RFIDs in the public transport to steal 4 euros here, 4 euros there... and so on. Such system already exist and are working in countries such as The Netherlands. The system should take time stamps at check-in and check-out and then compute the fare based on their difference. But there are ways to go around these simple procedures for states that are always ready to stick their hands in their citizens' wallets.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Intel pentium processor jingle plays....
What could possibly go wrong ?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Dumb chips being planted in soldiers history goes back to at least the 1983/85 era at the 9th ID( aka high-technology test-bed for the army) at Ft Lewis Washington. In addition to future tactics, concepts, vehicles, weapons and other equipment, there was an article from the Division/Post level news rag that has stuck with me. It spoke of the work being done on chipping volunteers for a small, thin, chip to a soldier's molars that could contain medical records or his personnel file. Essentially a dumb chip by today's standards but it was a start. I'll never forget a picture of a set of forceps holing a small flimsy rectangle of what looked like exposed film stock in front of a the neck and gaping mouth of a BDU dressed male in a dental chair. Cut to a few years ago my private field career path allowed me to cross paths with some folks who told me that High Value US and Allied personnel had been rescue chipped with a device much like the anti kidnapping chip so popular in places like Mexico and other beautiful places on earth with one caveat, these chips had a way to activated them so they couldn't be detected at capture. The stuff at the 9th ID I remember seeing myself but the fog of years leaves most the details about memory and exact size of the chip amongst other thing in the sludge at the bottom of my mind.
The rescue chip stuff came from believable folks who were in Special Operations but were a tad off ( in the good way) but you just never can tell when they are yanking your chain.

It would not surprise me if the government was trying such chips out on those with nothing left to lose, those with brain/nerve damage , or in selected units . The government is not our friend and hasn't been since before WW1.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Had to happen sometime. After all as the singularity approaches the distinction between Man and machine will become rather thin.

True. But it is rather disconcerting that the greatest strides are made within the framework of war. It will shape this transition and what the human race becomes.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What happens AFTER service?
Do they dig the thing out of your head?
edit on 10-5-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

No.

The articles mix various programs and goals and act like they're the same tech...wrong-o.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
What happens AFTER service?
Do they dig the thing out of your head?

Depending on what info-snippet the crappy articles are referring to, it's mostly either a memory augmenter that helps you remember who your wife is after you've gotten TBI, or they'd really LIKE to skip a few hundred ms out of your response time with crewed weaponry, like aircraft.

The rest is idiocy grafted on by the journos.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I remember who my wife is...she is loud sometimes...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Pentagon memory chip program. Human to Human interface being studied at universities around the united states already the first human trial was successful in sept 2014 california comes to mind.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Warmongers who were suppose to be dead coming back to life to cause a World War and create tyranny. What is not to be expected from this?
"Good soldiers doesn't always mean Good men"

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

fusion.net...

They have already mentioned such technology in COD BO3. It's crazy how these people put it in plain sight.

join