It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the antichrist dumb or just a friend of God?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

To bad no intelligent person, Jewish and not Jewish, believes those stories are actually historical. No evidence of a Jewish enslavement or population in Egypt has EVER been found. If the Jews were in Egypt they no doubt would have mentioned the pyramids.

Plus Yahweh is only or was only the God of Israel UNDER the Most High God or El. He has been since promoted to the god of Christianity, but the true God, if you interpret the texts properly, and Jesus Father, is El.

Yahweh=Baal with a new name.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Bezelel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bezelel
Yahweh=Baal with a new name.

Your way of writing Yahveh ( with a 'w') is German where w = v (as in Ge. Wagen, «car») and v = f (as in Ge. Vater, «father»). Being a Norwegian meself, I tend to write simply Javeh (and skipping the first heh in respect or whatever).

apart from that you're part right, sectarianism and what user Sigismundus (sp?) refers to as clan-gods show that the worshippers of Baal was one cult while the worshippers of Javeh was another. The Abrahamic idea is that God is God of all religions and nations, or like it says in the booke:

Isaiah 19:24-25 In that day Israel will be the third with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my inheritance.”

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I don't really care what you call the sadistic s.o.b. Jehovah, Yahweh, YHWH, or Baal, doesn't really change anything. No God would act like that, no reasonable person would worship him.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Maybe they worship him under different names but you just showed the Lord which means Baal not Yahweh, and Yahweh actually means HE IS, That said the only reason to translate Yahweh to Lord is that they are the same. Otherwise it would not be translated as Lord.

It could have easily been translated to God, but the Lord and God are different entities as Baal and El aka Elohim, a plural word meaning Gods but translated singularly to hide early Israelite polytheism.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Bezelel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I don't really care what you call the sadistic s.o.b. Jehovah, Yahweh, YHWH, or Baal, doesn't really change anything. No God would act like that, no reasonable person would worship him.

Funny things religion-infused fear and fascism put together. Religion back then was not a walk in the park, you couldn't skip a sermon. It had it's own economy, Mosaic tithe is one of the first working systems of taxation we know of. Tithe was about feeding and housing the Levites (the priests tribe), and among other things, producing soap on an industrial scale, keeping the books free from error, keeping the sacred tents or buildings and their vessels in perfect order.

People couldn't be Jews and not pay their dues.
edit on 2-3-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
And Lord of Hosts is Yahweh Sabaoth, who can't be confused with El. Jews today know this but they just let the uneducated believe in their false god.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I can understand ancient civilizations having a war god but modern people who worship Yahweh are in my eyes evil even if they don't show it.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bezelel

I'm sorry Johnny ... .why dont you tell us how it happened. We didnt realize you had interviewed all of the Jews from that time period
edit on 2-3-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

And Lord of Hosts is Yahweh Sabaoth, who can't be confused with El. Jews today know this but they just let the uneducated believe in their false god.

Heb. Tsebaot or Sabaoth as you write, is a plural feminine, and since Heb. Tsaba is masculine, and would read JHVH Tsebaim (which is actually plural of Heb. Tsebi «Gazelles») had JHVH been masculine— Javeh seems to be a Lady, and rather a Mistress than a Lord? Which is rather odd. «Javeh Tsebaot» as in «Lord of the [feminine] hosts?»

ETA: Can anyone give a reasonable explanation as to why Tsebaot in «JHVH Tsebaot» is plural feminine? Strong's gives a rather odd feminine form of the word Tseba as Tsbadah. Last one there looks rather like a singular proper name than a plural noun, and doesn't show up in the Bible anywhere according to Englishman's Concordance, can someone explain this.

ETA2: Gesenius notes that Tsebah shows up twice with feminine verbs without any grammatical change, meaning its identical whether the verb or the noun is masculine or feminine. It always appears as feminine.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The antichrist thinks it will survive and overcome the comming of Our lord. That is why it is creating all these shelters under the ground to hide from Gods destruction. We will all hide from the lord when he comes. We will even begg the mountaisn to fall on us to give us shelter.

The commin of Our lord is not what People think it is. But, the antichrist knows what is comming and it know exactly when the lord comes. He is watching the heavens With satellits and telescopes.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

It's modern warfare is what it is. Whoever wins the Mother of all Wars can put a medal saying God on their chests, but for all we know the outside environment might be hostile to all life, with all kinds of hyperactive isotopes floating around— so Satan will probably be the lucky ones, having remained underground for 1000 years when the next world war comes to end «The Peace Millennium» (which for all we know is Mankind and the Earth bombed back to to the stone age), Satan resurface, to end the war by assuming Satans' original function as the Right Hand of God and they (the generals and admirals etc.) will gather all the war-mongers and the violent ones in one place and bring fire down from the sky to devour them all. Satan are but God when the Holy Ones are all Divinely Pissed Off.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Why would the antichrist be dumb enough to fulfill God's plan knowing full well what it is and what it means for him?

If the antichrist is as smart and charismatic as the bible seems to paint him as, why is he knowingly leading the way to his own doom? Wouldn't a better plan be to competely go against God's plan and NOT allow Jesus to come back? Is he working for God or is he against him? Because if the Second Coming is true, the antichrist allowed Jesus to come back by knowingly taking part in God's plan.

Is he a friend to Jesus and God? It sure seems that way if what the bible says can be believed because he knows God's plan and him complying would mean he wanted God to win all along. If God's plan is set in stone them the antichrist was doing his bidding all along and never was the true enemy but the one who heralded in Jesus' return.

Thoughts?

Dumb?? The anti-Christ/Lucifer's greatest ambition is to keep souls from Heaven. Why would he pass up the chance to grab billions of souls before his end comes? Yes, the anti-christ knows he will lose. That's why he has nothing to lose and will simply make the biggest impact possible on his way out.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Thoughts? Seriously?

Well for starters there's no such thing as any of this.

If you want to talk about stories written in books then we'll have to wait for the sequel or a screenplay adaptation or something.

What century is this again?

Thank you for the token ATS response to any thread on religion.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
Now that's a conspiracy I can get behind.
Personally, I always felt that Humanity as a whole represented the antichrist, but that's just my interpretation of the texts.

That is very interesting Esoterotica; one could suppose this is why Jesus choose the sacrificial path (as the son of [insert your name for a deity]) to save it before the idea of an Anti-Christ manifested. You said 'represented' instead of 'potentially' could eventually represent. I thought the notion of savior meant for all born before and after his death; (all get a free ride to heaven no matter what) and with your analogy there are naysayers/haters.
edit on 2-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

It's modern warfare is what it is. Whoever wins the Mother of all Wars can put a medal saying God on their chests, but for all we know the outside environment might be hostile to all life, with all kinds of hyperactive isotopes floating around— so Satan will probably be the lucky ones, having remained underground for 1000 years when the next world war comes to end «The Peace Millennium» (which for all we know is Mankind and the Earth bombed back to to the stone age), Satan resurface, to end the war by assuming Satans' original function as the Right Hand of God and they (the generals and admirals etc.) will gather all the war-mongers and the violent ones in one place and bring fire down from the sky to devour them all. Satan are but God when the Holy Ones are all Divinely Pissed Off.

Heheh..... Nice try.

Wars and rumors of WARs is Our life. We will not experiance a true ww3. Because we will be hit by something a lot worse.

If peopel only knew what the first Wonder in heaven described in revelation 12:1 meant. They would rather pray for a ww3 between Our nations. Becasue when the second great Wonder shows up right after the first wonder... we will drop Our guns and run for cover.

It is the second Wonder the antichrist and the first beast fears the most, and it is why it have built bunkers and stacked up under ground.

The second Wonder will force the head of the first beast to take cover and hide under ground in its bunker, when it strikes its tail With a hail of iron and wormwood onto earth. After... Out of the ground a second beast will come. It will have two horns like a lamb and it will speak as a dragon.

When the second beast comes up from its bunker under ground it will try and re-build a society based on the remnent of the first beast.
After a short while the tail from the second Wonder will smash the Earth again, and put a end to the beast for a 1000 years.

It will take a 1000 years for the beast to recover and make war With the children of God, who survived the Second Wonder in the wilderness.

The reason the beast want to make war With the children of God.... is because only the chosen will be allowed to enter the city. And the remnant of the beast wont be allowed to enter ever, and become angry.

Do you now know who the devil is?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Did this occured as a thought or did you reread the bible and wanted to know why the antichrist wanted to fail?

Or do you know who the antichrist is because it sounds like you know but never revealed any scripture to link his downfall.
Or is it revelation?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

It occurred as a thought, and I have an idea who the antichrist is and it's not a single man but a concept. The Jesus that Paul promotes, the concept of a sacrificial lamb that takes sins away, is the antichrist. It promotes belief without action whereas the Jesus within the gospels valued and promoted actions above anything else.

"Love your neighbor as yourself" and "put my commandments into practice", a.k.a. don't just talk the talk like Paul says but walk the walk as well. "Take up your cross and follow me", a.k.a. follow my example on love and forgiveness.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nope, he gets banished to hell.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
maybe he's just playing dumb, to lull god into a false sense of security... oldest trick in the book.
the rope-a-dope.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Knowing you ,the United States right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join