It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For In The Name of God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

again you are not being forthcoming you know exactly what my meaning was. The Law of Moses does not apply to us, but there are laws that do such as the one God gave Noah. The Noahic Covenant is still in play today and is applicable to Gentiles.

No, I don't know what you mean. You're all over the place.

You said:

There are some factors that you may have over looked

There was no law forbidding murder as the Law will be given to Israel later.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

please find a pre-flood copy of the laws they followed other than what the bible shows us?

I showed you how Abraham had followed laws of God, and how Noah had some form of religious law he followed, then I showed you that in Genesis after the flood (and you brought it up) was that if a man or a beast killed a man there life was to be for the one they took. that was a law.

Now you say you don't know what I mean and that I am all over the place?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

please find a pre-flood copy of the laws they followed other than what the bible shows us?

Get real! Please find me a copy of Moses' Torah from 1500 BC.

According to you, the Bible that you possess, a certain version, IS the "preserved word of God". Is Genesis absent from your Bible? You assertion has no basis, biblically or anthropologically.

You keep contradicting yourself.

The fact is, there is evidence in the Bible that confirms the fact that mankind had laws against murder before Moses, supposedly, wrote it down.

The fact is, also, that mankind will always find excuses to murder, including saying that "God told me to!".

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: Prezbo369

??? when did i ever say that??? you seem to be very good at talking for me

like i said sensationalist, and now liar.

maybe you should run for potus

I didn't say you said anything.....and you have the gall to call me a liar??

You want to play down the atrocious actions a fellow ATS member said they would commit? then like I said it mustn't be a big deal to you.

But yeah throw in your hatred for government, it's almost asthough you can't help yourself...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I'm not sure, I don't recall you ever directly stating it.

Alright, I guess it's possible. But as long as you and I have had
something to say to each other. You should have come across
that information at some point.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I'm sure at some point we may have revealed that. I just don't recall what it was and would rather not make any statement without being sure.

Either way, the question in the OP wasn't meant for a specific religion as it is.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

That was my point. We don't have it but we know they had laws and I am sure it was against the law to kill even then.

I never implied Genesis was absent and I quoted it and you alluded to it.

I quoted that about Abraham and Noah prior to the Law of Moses. did you not read my post back then?

Any one who claims to be a Christian and says God told the to kill someone. Sorry it isn't god who told them because it goes against the preserved word of God and 350 plus incomplete English translations of the Bible.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Any one who claims to be a Christian and says God told the to kill someone. Sorry it isn't god who told them because it goes against the preserved word of God and 350 plus incomplete English translations of the Bible.

Sorry, but I disagree. The Bible condemns murder, unless it is ordered by God, or the earthly ruling authority, New Testament and Old Testament alike.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I said that it is not allowable except in a few places like accidental death and self defense and war.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

So, a Christian shouldn't sit on a jury deliberately over the death penalty or become a police officer.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I don't think it would matter what I think that is a choice a Christian must make on their own through prayer and the word of God.

IN the OT priest were the ones to hear the defense of a person involved in another persons death. If the death is accidental then they are fined, if it was deliberate i.e. homicide they are condemned to death.

The NT doesn't give any wisdom on this not even Roms 13.

Or being a police officer there is no clear instruction. Again it is a personal choice up to the person who wants to be a police officer. John th4 Baptist gave advice to the police of his day who were believer in the Gospel of the Kingdom he preached.

edit on 2-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

i havent once commented on the the words of said ats member, yet you claim i defend them, see what i mean, classic liar and sensationalist.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

"If God ever showed up and asked me to sacrifice my son, Id ask for some i.d."

Some comedian, I forget, maybe Bill Maher.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You should read the laws in the Talmud, killing a non-Jew is not even punishable by imprisonment, among other offences towards non-Jews.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

George Bush said God was on our side in Iraq and Iran so people will always be killing in "God's"name. It's never just, I don't believe God has or will ever ask someone to kill, never.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Caligula

I was wondering how long it would take you to bounce back.

I don't trust the Talmud to be the words of God.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Do I know you? Whatever I agree with you about the Talmud, it's a disgusting book that slanders Jesus. Actually like 15 books.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Nobody should become a police officer. F tha police, they are blue devils.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Its as fundamental as the way you're parents nurtured you growing up and teaching values without a bible in reach...

Or

"One person has an imaginary friend. .. they call it
Insanity"

"Millions of people have the same imaginary friend and they call it religion"

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
For the water walking god botherers

The challenge to Christians is to prove Mark 16:18 which says those who believe in the Gospels will be able to "lay their hands on the sick, and they shall recover." If this is true, then Christians would be able to go to any sick person anywhere and lay their Christian hands on them, and they would recover. The fact that we have millions of very sick people around the world tells us that either this Bible promise is false or that Christians really don't care about the sick, otherwise they would lay their hands on them and they would be healed! And if they could in fact heal people, there would be no need for doctors, nurses, hospitals, health care or Michael Moore's new documentary, Sicko!

The World Union of Deists hereby challenges Christian clergy to demonstrate the truth of this Bible promise before the world. Christian clergy should make arrangements by emailing me at bob@deism.com to conduct a verifiable public healing of a terminally ill person. If a member of the Christian clergy, or any Christian, contacts me to meet this Deist challenge, I will make all arrangements for the test of this Biblical promise and will post the information here along with the results of the test.

The falsehoods of the Bible need to be exposed so people can make progress in their lives and in society. As Thomas Paine wrote, "It is an affront to truth to treat falsehoods with complaisance."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join