It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Will released along With other Recovered Documents from Abbotabad Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The will is among a trove of documents recovered after the raid to kill Bin Laden which has today been released by US intelligence services.
The will shows that Bin Laden left $29 Million for Jihad , although how much of that has actually gone to Jihad is debatable.

On May 20, 2015, the ODNI released a sizeable tranche of documents recovered from the compound used to hide Osama bin Laden. March 1, 2016, marks the release of the second tranche of material gleaned from the Abbottabad raid. These releases, which followed a rigorous interagency review, align with the President’s call for increased transparency–consistent with national security prerogatives–and the 2014 Intelligence Authorization Act, which required the ODNI to conduct a review of the documents for release.
www.dni.gov...

Of course the documents are in Arabic but they're there if you fancy a look.

He urged his family to "obey my will" and to spend his inheritance on "jihad, for the sake of Allah".
In another letter, he urged his father to take care of his wife and children in the event of his death.
That message made it clear that the risk of being killed was present in his mind.
"If I am to be killed, pray for me a lot and give continuous charities in my name, as I will be in great need for support to reach the permanent home," he wrote.

In other letters, he gave his assessment of the progress of the West's "war on terror" and the US military campaign in Afghanistan.
"They thought that the war would be easy and that they would accomplish their objectives in a few days or a few weeks," he wrote.
"We need to be patient a bit longer. With patience, there is victory!"
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
They should have just burnt the will.

Just one mans opinion.
a reply to: gortex

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This is just my opinion but I say that this is a forgery by TPTB to make us believe that the raid actually took place, when it never really did. Just another red herring in the Osama Bin Laden fairy tale.

He's swimming with the sharks

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This alone just goes to show how little the media actually know about Bin Laden.

In another letter, he urged his father to take care of his wife and children in the event of his death.

Urged his father..... his dead father who died when he was a child.... hmmmm Link

I suppose this could just be a translation error but i suspect its just proof of how much crap the media will publish to get a few readers these days. This kind of stuff piss's me off, I am not saying i think it is evidence of some kind of conspiracy rather it is the product of lazy reporting, not bothering to properly fact check before rushing to publish the story one time.
edit on 1-3-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420

This is just my opinion but I say that this is a forgery by TPTB to make us believe that the raid actually took place, when it never really did. Just another red herring in the Osama Bin Laden fairy tale.

He's swimming with the sharks

Exactly what I was about to write. More "creating of history" for the future generations to absorb.

Kinda like the Mayflower and the super kumbaya thanksgiving weekend movie.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

But was the will notarized????? Nope, sorry Capt. 72 Virgins!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Yes, it's disturbing that these events will be portrayed as fact for generations even though they cannot be proven to be true. I've come to realize that most of our history is made up in one way or another.

Love the avatar btw

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It does seem to have the ring of naivety directed at us, I don't think many will take this as gospel.
I even wonder at the idea of documents, when they were supposed to garner so much info from 'puters in the rush, now they are coming down with, 'documents'.

WTF, did they stay for afternoon tea and crumpets!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
election day just wouldn't be the same without something about Bin Laden to stike fear in those voters, Bin Laden the gift that keeps on giving.

edit on 1-3-2016 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Apparently Bin Laden was worried about climate change too

Bin Laden called for Americans to rise up over climate change

top topics

join