It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ass founded a school of art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

A group of hoaxers tied a brush to donkey's tale and the ass had produced a painting. They hanged it in a gallery among the art of famous modern artists. Nobody suspected anything wrong until the perpetrators revealed the hoax.

Inspired by the ass work a group of progressive painters organized the artistic group "Donkey's tail."

An ass founded a school of art

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
And it was probably better than what passes for a lot of art nowdays.

Pretty cool story.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This reminds me a little of the documentary "my kid could paint that" . It's been several years since I watched it, but it was a four year old doing "abstract art". I remember there was some controversy that the dad might have done many of the paintings himself.

A lot of people are annoyed by what passes for great art... or "legitimate" art anyway. I had not heard of this donkey... Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yet there were two well known artists among the group,Paul Cézanne and Paul Gauguin, who pulled the prank. To my mind the artistic prank was art itself.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Real art should always be willing and able to make a mockery of itself.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Yet there were two well known artists among the group,Paul Cézanne and Paul Gauguin, who pulled the prank. To my mind the artistic prank was art itself.

No. Paul Cézanne and Paul Gauguin did not pull the prank. They were the victims of it.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
For a moment i had this as another donald drumpf thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: vernichter

OH, right you are , my bad

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am a painter. I've experimented with a broad range of styles and mediums.
I sold a piece to a private collector titled "40 40's."
It was a 3' by 4' canvas.
I created it by drinking 40 40 oz. malt liquors over the course of a week and vomiting on the canvas.
It is a fine piece in my opinion. The textures are rich.
It took a couple of weeks to recover.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I half expected this to be a thread about mayor deblasio opening up an art school.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If you all liked the idea of this, you should look at the Fluxus Movement.

Challenging what Art Is, is a noble pursuit, keeps the barstools honest - and that challenge should come from all quarters...there is a small tradition of Hoax Art...Warhol was a challenger...Banksy...it's not an exhaustive list...'artists' take themselves far too seriously, but the tradition of High Art (mostly what the general public is exposed to) - as beautiful as the work is - only informs a narrow gamut of a much larger concept of what Art Is...

Å99
edit on 1-3-2016 by akushla99 because: Add A

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I am a painter. I've experimented with a broad range of styles and mediums.
I sold a piece to a private collector titled "40 40's."
It was a 3' by 4' canvas.
I created it by drinking 40 40 oz. malt liquors over the course of a week and vomiting on the canvas.
It is a fine piece in my opinion. The textures are rich.
It took a couple of weeks to recover.

You might consider crapping on your canvasses.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69
For a moment i had this as another donald drumpf thread.

Why?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
This reminds me a little of the documentary "my kid could paint that" . It's been several years since I watched it, but it was a four year old doing "abstract art". I remember there was some controversy that the dad might have done many of the paintings himself.

And in reality there was no need for help from the dad since an ass can paint like that.

new topics

top topics

join