It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The RNC Convention Block Trump?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
At this point in time it looks like Trump will run away with the Republican nomination for President. Or will he?

The big wigs who manage the RNC have been working behind the scenes, sort of speak, to find a way to stop Trump. They absolutely do not want Trump....!

The below link provides detailed information on how they want to stop Trump. The below information was written Jan 2016.

Link

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think the GOP is more than willing to cede the presidency to Hillary.

They look willing to do anything to keep an 'establishment type' in the White House. They might not get everything they want from her, but they won't lose total control.

If Trump's elected ... he just might start his presidency with a little head-hunting.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I agree. Trump is not controllable.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The GOP Elite will be destroyed by their own hand. If it Trump is close the the 1237 delegates needed and the Party tries to steal the nomination from him, it will be the end of the Republican Party. And I say this because the base of the party will walk away and never, never come back.

If this election has shown us anything, its that money does not equal victory. If the people can be motivated anything can happen. This current election cycle on the republican side we have seen record voter turnout, and this is only for a primary (which is unheard of).

The GOP Elite are scared, because Trump is someone they cannot control, and the fact that he could win in a general election.

Hell even the Democrats are scared, Trump has cross party appeal. Based upon voter turnout alone they are worried, plus Hilary is not that well like and a lot of people (even democrats) will stay home on election day.

But lets face facts the Elites of the Republican and Democratic Party don't give a # about the American People and are desperately clinging to their power. Hence why the Republicans are trying to destroy Trump and the Democrats have done the usual (cheat and steal votes) to defeat Sanders.

I personally think Trump will run the table on Super Tuesday. And I even think that things will be a lot closer in Texas than people relize.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sad to see an really good GOP option in John Kasich get buried in the circus those two morons (Trump and Cruz) have turned the GOP campaign into. God forbid we run with the candidate with sensible ideas and actual plans to execute those ideas.

Looks like a cakewalk for Hillary at this point.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The RNC will not try to block a Trump nomination. It would blow up in their faces. They'll suck it up, hope that Trump looses the general election so that they can then fall back on their obstructionists agenda and run Rubio in 2020.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JBRiddle

The GOP Elite will be destroyed by their own hand. If it Trump is close the the 1237 delegates needed and the Party tries to steal the nomination from him, it will be the end of the Republican Party. And I say this because the base of the party will walk away and never, never come back.

Conversely if Trump wins, it will also be the end of the Republican party

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So far this morning, I have seen republican senators say they will walk away if Trump is elected. Are people that frightened of him? Or is it more a ploy to get hillary in? the popular thing I have seen is she can beat trump, but not cruz and rubio.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

Trump is their Ring Master. If they didn't want him they would have blocked him early like they did Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tnhiker
So far this morning, I have seen republican senators say they will walk away if Trump is elected. Are people that frightened of him? Or is it more a ploy to get hillary in? the popular thing I have seen is she can beat trump, but not cruz and rubio.

People see Trump for who he really is, and his followers do not, it is what it is....

There are plenty of establishment people out there, IMHO Trump is more establishment than any of them.

Corrupt to the Core
Willing to "Make deals" instead of stand by principles
Waffles on immigration
Willing to use his money for favors
Willing to buy politicians
Uses lies and rhetoric to lead his sheep
Panders to his base from one moment to the next, changing stances

The guy is TOTALLY establishment

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Have you even considered; that's precisely what Trump wants to happen. How can any thinking and aware individual not see thru Donald charade? You don't just go from being a Clinton supporter to a raving conservative fool overnite, like apparently Trump has done.

It would really benefit Trump followers to explore Trumps past. I know they won't however; they have fallen inlove with his BS macho, tough guy act because they need something to believe in. Trump didn't get this far in business because he didn't understand marketing and knowing how to appeal to "poorly educated" voters as he called them...."he loves them" He said as much.

edit on 1-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Let them leave. They know that they will not be able to get away with the garbage they are now. There are two parties now. US and Them. Them being the GOP/DNC control apparatus known as the establishment. Us is the US citizen.

Anyone who would leave any office based on the election of any official should not be in office to begin with. Your job is to be a servant to the people of the United States. If they elect someone you should be the same as you were before. They can catch a plane with the Reverand Al and Whoopie...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The GOP establishment would prefer Hillary than Trump. With Hillary, they can maintain their power and still make deals. Trump is not going to play ball with the old guard.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Conversely if Trump wins, it will also be the end of the Republican party

end???....let's see, trump is a republican billionaire who favors tax cuts for the business and corporate class, he will have a congress totally controlled by republicans, and , if elected, puts in a conservative "supreme"....yeah....right....done, never to come back....give me a break, pal...with 31 out of 50 state governors being republican, I see this as a complete takeover of American government by the republicans......never to come back....got it.
edit on 1-3-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It could also be that they think that Donald Trump's rhetoric is unhinged and they refuse to be associated with it?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

Will The RNC Convention Block Trump?

Today is what used to be called, Super Tuesday but... that's pretty much fallen away now.

Nevertheless, if Trump comes out of today with what most expect he will, for the GOP to set him aside would be... basically, suicide.

Come November, should this nation reach it intact, I expect the top names to be Hillary, left and Donald, right.

From there? Who knows?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You may want to go ahead and make plans for an ATS Trump Voters support group when this is all over and Trump isn't the President. You've worked yourself into such a state of delusion that the fall back to reality is going to be brutal.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

People see Trump for who he really is, and his followers do not, it is what it is....

There are plenty of establishment people out there, IMHO Trump is more establishment than any of them.

Corrupt to the Core
Willing to "Make deals" instead of stand by principles
Waffles on immigration
Willing to use his money for favors
Willing to buy politicians
Uses lies and rhetoric to lead his sheep
Panders to his base from one moment to the next, changing stances

The guy is TOTALLY establishment

You got somebody who can hide all the sharp objects in your house before the results start coming in tonight?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Good Lord people did you all vote for Obama???

You act as if having Trump in there equals the end of the world or something. and by you I mean those trashing Trump

Obama promised hope and change how is our country doing with all that change. VERY WEAK IMO

Pros:
At least America will be back to work
We will have a wall like every other country in the world
Less on social services - btw this is what is killing the Middle class
No one will be coming after our guns or blaming guns for every single shooting that takes place rather than the sick bastard that pulls the trigger.

just to name a few

CONS:
Well there are enough cons listed above and everyone has an opinion so I will leave that alone

IMO we have just survived the worst 7+ years in our nations history meaning he could NOT possibly do any worse than Mr. Hope and change himself

Someone tell me and be honest what is the ALT, Hillary and if someone, anyone that supports her--

Please please tell me something heck anything for that matter that she has done for this country???

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You say -
Corrupt to the Core - He is a business man tell me one CEO that is NOT

Willing to "Make deals" instead of stand by principles - Have you not noticed the deals our current administration has given the US? Name 1 deal that turned out to be good for America

Waffles on immigration - I have watched this very closely and I don't see that, build a wall and deport the illegals

Willing to use his money for favors -- at this point America simply gives money a way and gets NOTHING for it. I suppose that is better??? besides at least it is HIS money and NOT OUR money

Willing to buy politicians - Again he is a business man tell one that does not do the same thing

Uses lies and rhetoric to lead his sheep - Sheep really, We want to get back to a strong America and you call us sheep what about those that want the status as it is today.

Panders to his base from one moment to the next, changing stances - Changed stance on what

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join