It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS: Russian TV silent after young girl beheaded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

None of the main Russian television channels have carried reports about the arrest of a woman accused of killing a 4-year-old girl in her care and then waving the child's severed head outside a Moscow subway station.

Russian President Vladimir Putin's spokesman on Tuesday denied that the news was withheld at the request of the Kremlin or out of concerns that the brutal killing could stoke ethnic tensions in a country with many Muslims.

CBS

So it seems CBS find news worthy than Russian TV does not cover this hideous crime, I wonder if CBS have ever wonder if what TV in the free world do is ok?

Could it be CBS that when some crazy woman chops a kids head an stay in place for a couple of hours waiting to gather an audience before starting to flash the head and scream the consigns what she wants is propaganda, and when our TV reports 24/7 about this acts you are given them the free ads they wanted, have you ever ponder that what you do for ratings is not ethical journalism and you are actually helping the nuts?

God damn people the more cover you give to the scum the more scum wanting their 15 minutes will be willing to do despicable acts, because they know CBS et al. will always be there to cover 24/7. You know shocking advertising works, you do saw this after all:

And thanks to fear mongers you all saw the woman holding the baby's head too, way to go people spreading the propaganda

Good job Russian outlets, Putin dint even had to tell you to not run that crap 24/7, you already had the common sense and decency to not do it on you own, something us in the west lack.
edit on 1-3-2016 by Indigent because: Yes ironically doing this i'm part of the propaganda machine too

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm nearly torn...

Because I do believe not only does it stoke the fires...
But moreso gives them a platform that they're looking for...

However, I believe in Freedom Of The Press & Information above all else in such scenarios.

If they choose not to run it for the first two reasons, I won't complain.

If they're being silenced, that's a basic human right taken from the people.
And indefensible.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I'm neither for nor against

I understand the idea, that not giving publicity CAN be a good thing

I also understand the idea, that showing these crazy idiots can be a good thing also, exposing them for the crazy sicko's they are

As far as I'm concerned this demented hag was no terrorist but a demented hag, just simply a crazy person, I'm no more scared after seeing it than I was before seeing it. So on that basis I see no harm in showing it, BUT I can also understand your point of view of not giving them any media attention at all because I understand there are morons out there who are so scared of the world they cower in fright even when the weather comes on

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Ummm...I totally agree...Just like the story of the Sailor found dead on his yacht...Blasting that picture of his dead body all over the world...for his family to see...

It's why I never went into journalism...that and their penchant to...make...news...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I think at this point we all know crazy sicko's are crazy and the 24/7 coverage only do is telling other crazy sicko's that if they do the same their message will be delivered in prime time.

Terrorist/media relation is symbiotic at this point, both benefit from each other.
edit on 1-3-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It makes me wonder if it was not the media who really is behind ISIS and the other groups.
edit on 1-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

...damn people the more cover you give to the scum the more scum wanting their 15 minutes will be willing to do despicable acts, because they know CBS et al. will always be there to cover 24/7.

There was a time when I was a big proponent of naming and shaming. Now I see how easily that has been transformed into naming and faming. And for reasons I don't understand, folks eat it up.

More recently, I have begun to look at this from the perspective that we are being de-sensitized to very real horrors and atrocities... to deny us our natural sense of compassion and humanity... to repress our instinctual repulsion at such heinous crimes. And not for our benefit or the greater good. But folks still eat it up.

We do so at our own peril, because one thing is for sure: We will get exactly what we deserve.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
RT carried it breaking, over and again. Edited out the gory details, go figure.

This lady wanted to commit suicide by cop so badly, she cut off a little girls head, set the apartment on fire to get the authorities attention, then paraded in the street carrying the head, shouting her guilt and threatening to detonate a bomb…

Any connection with other than murderous suicidal insanity is misleading.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

My last comment really got me thinking.

Who does benefit from terrorism other than the terrorist?

It all is clear now. the Media and those who control it.

I would not doubt one bit that the Media and its resources are the ones behind creating ISIS for this has been and ongoing monopoly for the media ever since 9/11, to get people to come to (name your channel) and watch what they say, see the adds to manipulate you, and be lulled into a false sense of security, all around the world.

The media is in every country controlled by the rich in each nation and it is the best resource to brainwashing the masses. Hate to say it but Internet too.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

RT is aimed to outside Russia and frankly I'm mad because if CBS were a lill more honest they would had titled the report as: Russian TV stations are wasting a one in a lifetime opportunity and we don know why.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Because it wasn't terrorism(?), just some crazy lady trying to commit murder suicide by cop.

Imo, what I saw of the footage, her whole demeanor was just kill me.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I don't understand what you say, most school mass shootings are not terrorism and media still covers them 24/7, you miss my point? i'm mad at CBS because i feel they don't understand why Russian media don't cover a shocking event that may give rating for them, ratings is what matters without having in mind the consequences for CBS and company.

edit on 1-3-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Self censorship maybe?

Russians are big on family and might find the story too shocking. We do have the same thing happen here in the Australian media too - certain crimes and stories stay out of the news.

An example is a protest of ISIS supporters - I never saw a thing about in on MSM, but RT was there and reported on it.

The first I knew of this protest was a thread here in ATS a week or two ago.
edit on 1-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Okay, so downplaying these events keeps them from attracting copycats for their also 15 minutes of fame? Is that your perspective?

Sounds like good policy to me. Russians are more practical, not looking to improve ratings. If the success of RT world wide is any indicator, the only thing you need to do is tell the truth.

US mass media is more about improving ratings to sell product and further political agendas.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sounds like good policy to me. Russians are more practical, not looking to improve ratings. If the success of RT world wide is any indicator, the only thing you need to do is tell the truth.

US mass media is more about improving ratings to sell product and further political agendas.

That has a ring of truth, Al Jazeera also seems to have the same way of doing things.
People I talk to here are flocking to Al Jazeera news when they used to rely on the BBC for, 'as best as could be' news, as all now see the BBC as a propagandist, and deceptive organization. From that point of view, ratings don't matter, while it is the British public that pays for the BBC's existence anyway.
I can say in that respect, BBC reporters are themselves flocking to Al Jazeera, that's something that was a rarity not so very long ago.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yea Russia. Boo you, Mr. OP Kulak, wrecker.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Hi Smurf. Yah, American exceptionalism has lost its ring. Outside of the states anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: smurfy

Hi Smurf. Yah, American exceptionalism has lost its ring. Outside of the states anyway.

Yeah, well it was a myth anyway, most of it......that includes a lack of a high democracy, but may yet include the idea of a NWO.

top topics

join