It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugging is now Sexual Assault. Just ask UVA's "War on Hugs" policy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Try some comprehension skills with a tad of common sense...

I was talking about final class of the day when everyone finishes school and goes back home or to their dorm.

You're also being an absurdist, saying I want to deprive them for "four years" is as truthful as me saying you want Uni to turn into an orgy frenzy.

How about a grown up debate?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
male breast count too right?

If this policy was in my middle school all males would be perps and victims from the game called purple nurple.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
male breast count too right?

Duh. Yeah.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wait until they figure out a way to read our thoughts. The litany of mental perversions we run them through is nothing compared to a nice hug with boobies.

"Nice hug with boobies."

If I ever run for political office, then this will be the cornerstone of my campaign.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Try some comprehension skills with a tad of common sense...

I was talking about final class of the day when everyone finishes school and goes back home or to their dorm.

You're also being an absurdist, saying I want to deprive them for "four years" is as truthful as me saying you want Uni to turn into an orgy frenzy.

How about a grown up debate?
Dorms are on campus. Students even when "home" are still subject to the policies of the University. Do you not understand that?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yep slippery slope fallacy, as predicted.

Have a good day.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Some of you might want to actually read the PDF and not the clearly specious article.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I don't want to take anything away.
Please stop.

I agree with the policy, but I couldn't careless of its enacted.

It just makes sense that a Uni doesn't want people walking round groping each other.

How about learning the life lesson of restraint and waiting until class is finished.

How many times must I address a college campus revolves around more social activity then a classroom environment...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What happens when your team wins the triple overtime with a miracle touchdown?

No hugging strangers in excitement... Rape!!! Blow the whistle!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
What happens when your team wins the triple overtime with a miracle touchdown?

No hugging strangers in excitement... Rape!!! Blow the whistle!!!!

I think what you propose to do to that whistle could be construed as sexual assault of said whistle.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So what's next....? Everyone wearing a cam to record their every action in case they need to defend against an accusation ...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

We cant even get police to do that....

Well just the non executing ones wear them I guess.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Honestly I could see a kid getting a week of out of school suspension for doing one of those.

Or a lawsuit against him, if you can do that to a 7th grader.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I don't see the problem.

Don't touch anyone without their permission. It's simple stuff.

When I want a hug, I open my arms like Jesus and a friend usually dips in to embrace me. That's affirmative consent. I don't walk around ninja hugging people of either sex from the rear. I don't bra-snap or spank bottoms with people I'm not intimate with.

How is this a crisis? People should keep their hands to themselves unless invited to do otherwise.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Your response reminded me of something. I'll bet that there's a large Muslim contingent at UVA and they're surely offended by public displays of affection. (And I'm right there with them on that BTW) So maybe they've been getting complaints from the Muslim students?

Of course, its also the case that the devout Muslims believe women have no place at Universities. I wonder how that's going to work out?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I LIKE that idea! What a coup that would be for Go Pro! The stock would SOAR!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Of course, its also the case that the devout Muslims believe women have no place at Universities. I wonder how that's going to work out?

Since the University of Virginia has public funding, not in their favor.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Oh, screw this!

What I am seeing these days is that in order to protect everyone's sexual rights, we need to just admit that Victorian Era sensibilities are the new Social Justice standard.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Once upon a time ... like back in the old days when I went there ... it was a place to find and court your mate too.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

These are young adults who are away from their parents many of them for the first time in their lives, they have to learn how to BE adults.

Universities are a host to more than just young adults with raging hormones, you also have adults whom go back to school just for the education to get into other trades or fields of science...Its not all about the self exploring youngsters experimenting with themselves. I get the part where people at that age want to party and f*** all the time on campus, however this policy shouldn't even exist to begin with... The fact that there are young adults who lack any sort self control and restraint to not molest their colleagues on campus is more messed up than this overkill of a policy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join