It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Mario 3... is a what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I enjoy reading video game conspiracy theories and background stories. I find the most interesting theories stem from none other than Nintendo. I've long subscribed to the theory that Super Mario 3 was a play. Unnoticed by me, Shigeru Miyamoto on September 10th, 2015 confirmed what many fans believed about the game.

At one point, Miyamoto was asked, "Was 'Super Mario Bros. 3' all just a performance?"

To which he nodded yes. And it makes total, perfect sense.

'Super Mario Bros. 3' Was A Stage Play The Whole Time, Creator Reveals

Think back to the times you've blown on the cartridge, stuck it in the Nintendo, and pressed the power button. The checkered floor with the red curtain appears. The curtain rises and Mario and Luigi appear. Think back to the levels and remember things and levels that looked bolted to walls and other items. Clouds on strings. etc. etc.

My favorite Mario game of all time was nothing more than an act.

That calls into question every Mario game that came after! Are Mario and Bowser really friends? Did they set aside their differences after Mario offed Bowser in the Original? Was the original a play too? Is Mario actually the bad guy and keeps kidnapping the Princess from Bowser? Or is there really a fling between Bowser and the Princess?!

Perhaps one day Shigeru Miyamoto will let loose other secrets of the Mario Universe!
edit on 3/1/2016 by EternalSolace because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Old theory

Edit: I have linked the wrong bloody video but has no time to change it until I get home from work, but still a gooden!

I would suggest watching all the Mario theories on that channel, they are quiet funny and well thought out
edit on 3104America/Chicagokamb2016201614America/Chicago by thekaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

OOooh I like this!

Remember holding down on the D pad to fall behind the platform to find the warp?

EDIT: I'll put more thought into this, I'm currently at work though

edit on 1-3-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

It is an old theory, but one that was recently confirmed by the man himself back in September. It's always neat when theories like this are confirmed, especially since the theory is as old as it is.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Do you find the black and white checker board having any relationship with pop culture and it's modern in your face use of the same?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mankind

I've no idea what to think. I'm as oblivious to pop culture as they come. I'll take a shot at it though. I could see there there being something to it if it were late 70's to 80's pop culture. The checkerboard stage of Mario 3 wasn't the only place that pattern appeared in the game. It was also in some of the dungeons as well as the king's castles. The hammer suit was also black and white. At any rate, if memory serves the checkered theme was popular in kitchens and diners in the 70's and 80's. So it could be some kind of pop culture theme.

edit on 3/1/2016 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

The checker board floor is masonic, is inside masonic temples and represents duality aka good vs evil. You nailed it though for someone who is not into popular culture. I am not speculating that Mario bros. is a masonic conspiracy, just observing its presence. You brought me back with this one, #2 was my favorite, aside from the super Nintendo. Was that one called super Mario world? I think so.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mankind

The checker board floor is masonic...

Does everything that is checkered have to always involve Freemasons? Like what about Mario Kart? There is a checkered flag? Does that have anything to do with Masons??? You are full of conspiracy...I love it

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mankind

Wait a minute.... Number 2 was your favourite? Are you out of your mind?

I agree the 96 level extravaganza of the SNES version was mind blowing but I found 2 far too weird. I didn't like the way the different characters moved or those 'dark' potion room things. Each to their own I guess!!!!

edit on 1-3-2016 by and14263 because: This crap iPhone doesn't know its 'to', 'too' and 'two'!

edit on 1-3-2016 by and14263 because: Or how to use 'its' and 'its' apparently.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I liked the graphics. For an 8 bit game it was bright and colorful. 3 was more playable though, you got me there.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

They do have a habit of inserting imagery and Asians have Freemasons, but I don't ACTUALLY believe that it is in this case deliberate. I just observe.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There is a wrong warp glitch that allows you to beat the game in a few minutes, some people speculate it is in fact a glitch. Others speculate it is a satanic ritual baked into the game.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I enjoyed 2 quite a bit as well. I can't say it was my favorite, but the story was fascinating. Playing the slots for extra lives... Yes please!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Our 2 isn't the real 2. SMB 2, as released in Japan, was SMB: The Lost Levels on the future SMB collection games that included Mario Bros. SMB, SMB2, and SMB3 all on the same cart. Nintendo feared the real SMB2 would be poorly received in America and Europe because of its difficulty and the fact that it was basically a retooling of the original SMB (just a LOT more difficult).

So Nintendo took a game they had in the works called Doki Doki Panic, and swapped the sprites out for SMB characters while adding a bit more color and SMB happy music to the game. That game was Super Mario Brothers USA when released in Japan. I've always speculated Nintendo did the same with Zelda II, even though Miyamoto has said the game was always envisioned to be Zelda.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Nintendo also touched on a recurring theme from Zelda with the ending of Mario 2. Mario 2 ends with a sleeping Mario having dreamt the whole story. Every Zelda, except for the first two for NES, begins with Link sleeping. So one has to wonder did the idea come from Mario 2 and is Link suffering from PTSD from the occurrances of the first two adventures and dreaming up the rest?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Of course! I have heard that before many years ago, hence why it is so odd. The Lost Levels was really hard. I had it on the All Stars cartridge.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The usual adventures were not enough special King Kong adventure for Mario. You must try it

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I liked the graphics too

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The avgn made an amusing point that sm3 is a demonic game pointing out 666 etc
Funny as hell (no pun intended)

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I always thought SMB3 had a unique atmosphere to it that the other games, and it makes sense now.
It still remains my favorite mario game.

join