It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is the Bible not considered channeled information?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

the practice of professedly entering a meditative or trancelike state in order to convey messages from a spiritual guide.

Yes some prophets channel but perhaps the truly enlightened do not channel in the method perceived by dictionaries. When an enlightened being enters samādhi their wisdom is no longer confined to the singular (the son) but globally (the father). So they are not talking to a spiritual guide as such.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Why has ATS gone to #? Not a question

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: WhiteHat

Right. The issue is what spirit is affecting here. Its not called the Holy Spirit for no reason. Its called that in part because other spirits can effect people.

That's not an issue at all. A spirit is communicating information through a living person. That's all channeling means. An apparition summoned by the intent of a person or group of people is also channeling, albeit using a projection device rather than a telephone, if you will. Skype vs landlines, but still requires a "medium" to establish contact.

Visions, joint visions projection devices is really way past channeling.

There isn't a medium in Christian tradition like there is in the pagan tradition. Medium in the pagan tradition is like what a bag is in relation to whats in it. In real terms the bag has no relationship with any of its cargo. Is something being used.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Logarock

Indian religion is polytheistic as apposed to the Abrahamic religions being monotheistic.

So because the revelations, as you put it, are not synonymous with one another that proves what exactly? Absolutely nothing!

Your turn, where this proof?

Organised religious practices equal nothing more that control constructs for the masses im afraid.

Ok and not going into the discussion yet.......but do you hear what you are saying? Indian religion is polytheistic and (we are not talking about what are commonly referred to theses days as Abrahamic religions but the Hebrew tradition of prophets and the question did they channel) and the Abrahamic religions are not.

Thats a start but we are really at the first week freshman in comparative religion class here. My prior point does mean your premise was incorrect by your own words. If they are different it proves they are different so cant be used as a comparison of talking differently and saying different things to different people is what it proves. Oh let me see.....Different gods?

And so we cant have a consensus on meaning of channeling in a comparison of the two religions.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

There isn't a medium in Christian tradition like there is in the pagan tradition. Medium in the pagan tradition is like what a bag is in relation to whats in it. In real terms the bag has no relationship with any of its cargo. Is something being used.

no more than calculus is way past multiplication. in order for "joint vision projection devices" to work, channeling has to work.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I imagine a simper reasoning to the difference regarding both religions would be down to the fact that they originated in different geographical areas and at different periods in history.

Can you show proof that these books contain the actual word of God or not?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Which books?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

no more than calculus is way past multiplication. in order for "joint vision projection devices" to work, channeling has to work.

Joint vision is something outside those seeing the event channeling is not.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Any holy text or book you care to choose. Bible, Quran, Torah or the Vedas take you pick.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Peter channels the Holy Spirit also when consulted By Paul regarding how to live I.e. circumcision a recieves four "guidelines" none of which involve circumcision. Paul doesn't teach this, he just disregards it altogether.

But channel the Holy Spirit Peter did.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Tell you what, you show me one tiny shred of evidence that supports the notion that these books contain the actual word of God and i will be forever in your debt.

Have you ever asked GOD to show you one tiny shred of evidence?

I'm speaking from experience BTW.

I had a supernatural experience back in the late 70's that left me with more evidence than I knew what to do with.

This experience left me KNOWING that the Bible is a supernatural book.

See posts here and here...

God always endorses what he does through signs and wonders...

This is WHY so many miracles contain instances where God refers to scripture.

Since that experience, I've read about many others who have had very similar encounters.

In numerous encounters and NDE's, Jesus refers to the Bible as "my word" or "my book":

"Didn’t you read my book?"

"If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"You don't believe my word the Bible..."

"an audible voice telling him to read a Bible..."

God spoke to me and said, "You have no need I appear to you. You now know all I ever did say and ever will say is what the Bible says. The Bible is My Holy Word. It is YOUR responsibility to read the Bible and find out what it says."

OUR NEED TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP HIM

...he heard an audible voice telling him to read a Bible — an abomination to a Muslim.

Why Revival is Exploding Among Muslims

...that same Voice in a tone of gentle thunder echoed within my head: "Didn’t you read my book?" Yeshua began His answer: "If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"In fact, everything that My children need to know about how God thinks and works and judges and rewards, either before or after the Cross, is already in My Book. That is why I commanded mankind to ‘engrave My Words upon their hearts,’ and to pass them along from generation to generation. I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God."

Dr. Richard Eby dies, visits heaven, and returns with a startling message

He said, "You passed my test."I said, "Passed your test? What in the world did I do to pass Your test?" He said, "You fulfilled a scripture. Tell them everywhere you go...tell them that the Bible is my test; every time they fulfill a scripture, tell them to never worry about the answers to their prayers."

Misguided Faith

He said. "My test for the human race and the Church is obedience to the Scriptures." He said, "I don't have any other test except the Scriptures. Tell my people that there are blessings attached to each verse that is fulfilled by any believing Christian.

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Not to mention the people who even today speak "in tongues", that's downright creepy.

From my point of view.

You can see it like the increased energy distribution in the speech center makes a person a bit too creative. People can easily create original tunes/sounds for hours that have never been heard before when they are in their creative zone.

From what I understand people do get the observer effect also when the brain is energized so self awareness comes naturally so even if a soul is influenced from outside source manifested thru entanglement in the body it will automatically have the observer to measure what is happening with increased awareness. That awareness pushes toward objectivity and questioning the subjective beliefs.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

"Have you ever asked GOD to show you one tiny shred of evidence?"

As in prayer or do you mean in a more direct fashion? If you have the big dudes cell number then pm me it buddy.

Dont get me wrong i certainly entertain the possibility of there being a God i just dont subscribe to the organised religions interpretation of said entity down to the fact that they generally are self serving and have their own nefarious agenda at play. Its all about control constructs with that lot, do this or do that or ile spank you in the next life kind of crap.
edit on 1-3-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

As in prayer or do you mean in a more direct fashion? If you have the big dudes cell number then pm me it buddy.

Dont get me wrong i certainly entertain the possibility of there being a God i just dont subscribe to the organised religions interpretation of said entity down to the fact that they generally are self serving and have their own nefarious agenda at play. Its all about control constructs with that lot, do this or do that or ile spank you in the next life kind of crap.

It really doesn't matter WHAT you call it, God's not religious, nor does he want you to be...

If you so much as just THINK it in your mind, that is enough.

How do I know?

I have experienced two mind blowing miracles simply by thinking a thought.

The first time was in 1986 I believe when I laid in bed for 15 hours straight, unable to get up.

In my mind I asked God to heal me and instantly I felt something move in my chest and the pain and all the symptoms were gone.

You asked for a tiny shred of evidence, were you serious?

If you are, you now know how to get it...

The balls now in your court.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Technically the ball would be in Gods court not mine.

As to your personal experience, that's great, i'm truly happy for you, but end of the day it's hardly definitive unequivocal proof of the existence of a creator i'm afraid.

Have you ever entertained the notion that you somehow managed to cure or heal yourself via the power of thought?

At least that's something that can be documented or studied, God on the other hand remains to be seen hence my ambivalence regarding the Man in question.

edit on 1-3-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Whats good,? I always wondered this myself.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Although trance states allow ordinary people to commune within the realms of altered consciousness with God etc the bible of course only allows priests to commune direct with God. Its the small difference between politically based religions and spiritually based ones.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Salazar72

what are you speaking for Mankind?

Lastdays/Gnosisisfaith/Areyousirius/ etc etc ect Barzini/Gezus/Mandkind

Why don't you take the hint and go away.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
If anyone wants to know why I'm asking this question, it's not primarily because of a Christian. There's a YouTuber who tries to discourage people from studying any channeled information (claiming it's basically worthless) while he frequently refers to the Bible as a basis for his arguments. I don't get it.

To me the answer to the question is simple, and I don't see why it has to descend into a 'mass debate' of whether this or that is or isn't channelling.

In my mind, and completely unbiased view, so don't get me wrong here, it can be classed as a similar contact. So call it the same thing or don't. Doesn't matter.
What matters and where your answer lies (that is if you actually want an answer and this isn't just a calling of hypocrisy in a needless way to discredit anyone's beliefs) is that one is forbidden and one is OK. In that belief the one that's forbidden is forbidden for what should be obvious reasons.
It's for one's own protection. In these belief systems you can get #ed up by contacting any spirit other than the Holy.

If a father says to his children not to speak to strangers should verbal communication with the father come under question by the children??

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Anything having to do with a trance, or mysticism is pretty much forbidden in the Christian theology, and 300 hundred years ago, would have been blasted as Satanic practices. Even the practice of meditation would have been considered blasphemous, and even by some today.

Channeling is mysticism.

If it doesn't have a cross with a guy suffering on it, and no ones on their knee, groveling for forgiveness and being shown the so called path of God, well, it pretty much Satanic.
edit on 4-3-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join