It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Nukes dead ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

If two sides have it they act as a deterrent. Would you shoot your neibour if his brother was standing there with a gun?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I would not say that nuclear weapons are obsoletes to be honest we are only beginning to explore there potential capability's.

The future of nuclear weapons may lie with there miniaturization. There are already man portable backpack type devices but there not really practical. Picture something the size of a cantaloupe with the capability of destroying a couple of city blocks. The problem lies with the implosion of enough nuclear material to form a critical mass.
edit on 3-3-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

hey off topic, but I got this malamute that's looking for a good home...one thing it uh, doesnt like heated copper or fire for some reason and its really looking to get out of the snow, dont know why.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: B2StealthBomber

If two sides have it they act as a deterrent. Would you shoot your neibour if his brother was standing there with a gun?

That's a ridiculous comparison. The world has changed significantly since the cold war. The russians have billions invested in the west. they depend on trade to survive. The North Koreans have expansive tunnels and can survive a nuclear attack.

The deterrance effect (if it ever existed) no longer exists

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

That's a ridiculous comparison. The world has changed significantly since the cold war. The russians have billions invested in the west. they depend on trade to survive. The North Koreans have expansive tunnels and can survive a nuclear attack.

The deterrance effect (if it ever existed) no longer exists

So we're all gonna take your word for it?
Who knows what the next 20 years will mean for Russia (or anywhere else for that matter).

Don't forget that having nukes also limits conventional attacks on a nation.

No one would be mad enough to try and invade a major nuclear power because if it reached the stage when all looked lost...They just might launch on the invading country.

I personally think it's highly unlikely Russia would launch on us, but mostly because they know what would happen.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

If they end up using them they know they won't survive either that's the whole deterant part.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The nuclear arms race is like two sworn enemies standing waist deep in gasoline, one with three matches, the other with five.” : Carl Sagan.

I trust Sagan's wisdom on the subject of a Nuclear deterrent over yours every day of the week.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

a reply to: yorkshirelad

If they end up using them they know they won't survive either that's the whole deterant part.

That only works if the one using them first values life.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

If that was true why haven't they launched at each other then?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

If that was true why haven't they launched at each other then?

if you go back to my OP you will see why...They are Suicide weapons. When one fly's they all fly. Game over.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

NO, that is US higher education in certain towns...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yes, nukes(For the U.S.) are dead.

We have the ability to create a black hole, and false vacuums (quantum bubble) as new contingency plans for if we are attcked. Both of these destroy the entire planet.

With Quantum Entanglement, science can split an atom remotely, for the same effect as an atomic bomb, without dropping a bomb at all. You just enter coordinates on a computer and an atomic splits there remotely.
edit on 3-3-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Sounds like scalar warfare to me. Thing is scalar waves have yet to be definitively proven to exist.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
Yes, nukes(For the U.S.) are dead.

We have the ability to create a black hole, and false vacuums (quantum bubble) as new contingency plans for if we are attcked. Both of these destroy the entire planet.

With Quantum Entanglement, science can split an atom remotely, for the same effect as an atomic bomb, without dropping a bomb at all. You just enter coordinates on a computer and an atomic splits there remotely.

Damn it, I hope them pesky North Koreans dont read this thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The blackhole and Bubble definitely exist already, and are on standby.

The nuke computer is still just theory, because it's hard to control, and delicate in the first place to do. They're definitely cooking it as we speak tho.

Because of the first part, we haven't needed nukes because our main goal with them was contingency, not world domination. You can't hide in a cave from a Quantum Bubble. You can't even hide on Pluto. And the energy to create one is small and easy. The US having the technology alone will be short lived, and will probably lead to Globalization. You only need access to space to achieve it.

I can't think of a more ironic end, than America fighting Terrorists by blowing up the world. This is why our enemies taunt us.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You realise how stupid this is right, even if that was the case you'd have other atom in your lab spinning creating the same condition.

Secondly without getting right into it you can't just spin an atom and create a nuclear bomb..

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That's exactly what I'm saying.. And it's why it's a deterrent.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

But feel free to keep going around in circles contradicting yourself.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You realize how stupid this is right, even if that was the case you'd have other atom in your lab spinning creating the same condition.

Secondly without getting right into it you can't just spin an atom and create a nuclear bomb..

Damn Stealth you're like a ninja. I was just about to post the same wording almost exactly, but you beat me to it! Now I have to pick apart his Black Hole Bomb and his Big Bang False Vacuum Bomb ......Thanks StrealthbomberB2.........

SO this False Vacuum bomb. You realize this makes little sense. Hows it supposed to work. Drop the universe from some false vacuum to it's true vacuum or something. Or take it out of a true vacuum (if it exists) and put it in a false vacuum to dump it back down to it's original state? Either way. Your False Vacuum bomb would destroy the entire known universe at the speed of light. Just an ever expanding bubble of death. Pretty sure the aliens are going to be pissed were building something like that. Maybe thats why they abduct people every night and probe them.

Gaweebgwab the alien: "Alright Bubba, tell us where you guys keep it!!!!"

PROBE< PROBE< PROBE

Bubbha: 'AAAAiiiiiiiieeeeeee!!!!! What the hell are you talking about?!?!"

Gaweegwab: "THe Flase Vacuum Big Bang BOmb!!!!! Tell us where you earthlings keep it!!!!!!!"

Bubba passes out from the probing.

Gaweegwab to Beelapat the Martian: "These damned humans! They never tell!!! Get rid of this one and and get another human. We will interrogate him!!!!! Maybe He will tell us!!!"

Beelapat: "Deeer uh, ....boss? What do you want me to do this with this one?"

Gaweegwap: 'What! I dunno, dump him in a field somewhere...oh, and make sure you put his pants on backward....its part of our psyop program to confuse them."

The usa can give our enemies 511 problems but a False Vacuum Bomb isn't one of them. But I'm not going to shine any light on that one.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Anywhere near Dugway I would drop him off Beelapat

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join