It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another mysterious school shooting, this time in Madison Township, Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
2-29-16 Madison Jr./Sr. High School, Ohio 2 wounded by gunfire

At lunch a 14 year old suddenly pulled a pistol and started shooting. Two students were wounded by gunfire, a third lightly grazed, and a fourth lightly wounded by shrapnel. Shooter ID'ed as James Austin Hancock, 14

www.wcpo.com...
Four teens recovering after shooting at Madison Jr./Sr. High School (MADISON TOWNSHIP, Ohio(Near Cincinnati)) ...
Aleeanna Carpenter, 14, said if Hancock was troubled, he didn't show it.
"We all walked into the lunchroom," Carpenter said. "Austin was perfectly happy. We were all laughing and giggling and talking about stuff."
Carpenter was sitting at a table with Hancock and two other friends, she said. One of them made a comment about "having a problem" with Smith(a wounded victim), Carpenter said, and Hancock asked if he should shoot Smith. Hancock told the group he had a gun, Carpenter said, but she didn't see it until he had it in his hand.
Then, she said, Hancock opened fire. Carpenter recalled hearing five to seven shots. ... the teen used a .380-caliber, semi-automatic firearm.

Pic of the alleged shooter:

The wounded:
Cameron Smith, 15, and Cooper Caffrey, 14
Brant Murray, 14, and Katherine Doucette, 14

Police say they have a motive, but won't say what it is. Was this a 'personal cause' attack, with a specific victim and motive in mind (for example if there was a history of bad blood between the shooter and victim(s))? Or was this a random-rage shooting, where the perp targets anybody? The shooter doesn't seem to fit any profile or have any logical motive, like so many other whack shooters.

edit on 1-3-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Dear God, I have no words. I guess this is this week's quota.

I hope they make it.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The wounds are not life threatening. I am more troubled by the shooter's demeanor. If he was planning on capping the guy bullying him, wouldn't he more serious or nervous beforehand, instead of giggling and laughing? But if it wasn't planned, why bring a gun to school? There are always a lot of unanswered questions in cases like this.

(What--no oil stains in the parking slots? Uh-oh, here we go again!)

----------------------

I think it's also curious we are getting these whack shooting incidents every second day now. Are the covert operators building up to a crescendo of hysteria, prior to executive action by the Obama Administration on gun control? If so, there are going to be more, perhaps capped by a real bad one with tons of innocent victims like at Sandy Hook?

[Prediction: Watch for a mass killing episode on a school bus in the immediate future.]
edit on 1-3-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Or the water. Lead poisoning causes irrational behavior.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Gotta make sure to make it political right in the op huh?

Guess one of the other kids who were under 18 should of had a gun to stop him.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The first thought after the status of the victims is where this kid got the gun. Was it readily available, unsecured from home or in the case of Lanza and the MPHS shooting, taken without consent or knowledge of the owner? In the case of the MPHS shooter in Washington State, the gun used to kill other students was appropriated from a relative that was barred from legally owning a firearm due to a DV conviction. The man was convicted and is serving time now, and it has not been revealed how he secured the gun in question.

As teenager shootings are highlighted by the media, access questions become a major focal point, as they should be.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Seriously. Includes a picture of a gun free zone sign; As if high schoolers can legally posses a firearm.
Yea yea i know. The teachers should have all been armed.
Not .
Screw working in a profession where I am expected to be carrying. I am sure many others share this sentiment

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The incident was over in minutes, when the kid ran outside, dropped the gun, and was apprehended by a police dog. A police dog? Exactly how many cops were on scene or in the immediate area when the suspect was arrested? Were they pre-staged?

www.wxyz.com...
(student Zayd Ahmed) I'm like, 'What is going on?' I know that's a gun. All the police from the resource officers room, they ran out straight to the cafeteria."

All the police?

www.krmg.com...
Hancock ran out of the school after the shooting and was arrested on a hill on school property shortly following the shooting when a K-9 unit located him.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I am in the UK, where people walking around with pistols are somewhat rarer than in the states.

Our local high school has a small police office stuck on the side of it, in case a student gets rowdy, or there is a clash between rival mobs of kids. It used to be a more frequent issue than it is today.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You're not kidding! At least one teacher has been stabbed to death and schools everywhere are becoming more violent (it seems).
A lot of teens in the gun deaths list as well.
This kind of random, weird shooting might seem uniquely American but if we had the access to guns here?....
I can imagine it being just as bad.
Doesn't sound like another James Holmes scenario, though, just a moments insanity.

(post by BessieWarren removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Yes, high schoolers can legally own firearms.
They just can't bring them to school any more.
I and a lot of other kids used to go deer hunting before school and left our rifles and shotguns in our cars and trucks.
And nobody ever got shot on school grounds.
What the hell changed in kid's lack of responsible behavior?

I hope the wounded in this case turn out alright.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

It's amazing how these kids don't think about the consequences of their actions. Times have sure changed. Releasing their anger with a physical fight has now gotten to the point of settling scores with a gun. We're getting away from teaching kids at a young age to walk away from confrontations and the sanctity of human life.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I blame the parents, or lack thereof.

When I was in school most kids were taught the proper usage of guns and how to basically stay away from them unless it was a life or death emergency. At least, from my perspective that is what we were taught.

How did this kid get access to a handgun? When I was his age it was nearly impossible to get a gun from any source, let alone the locked cabinet at my own house. If anyone we knew as kids had a gun it was a stupid, careless idiot that we stayed away from. This was in the early 90's though....things change.

How and why do these kids get the idea that guns solve problems? What is wrong with a little fist fight? Since when did we become a bunch of wimps that hide behind the barrel of a gun? Rhetorical questions of course.

Parenting. I seriously blame bad parenting. (most certainly included any type of prescription meds this kid may have been on because the parents had to make that decision too.)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Kids aren't taught responsibility any more. It's always ask and receive, and if you don't receive then throw a tantrum till you get it.

You can't spank your kids-Cps will take them away
You can't ground your kids- its emotional abuse
You can't take away their phones/computers- its theft (even if you were the one buying it)
You can't use red ink while grading papers- it will hurt there feelings. (as if a big fat 0 or F in any other color wouldn't)
The list goes on and on and on and on...

Today's kids will never understand how hard work really does pay off.

I am teaching my kids (much to many's dismay) that Nothing in life worth having, is ever easy to obtain.
Even my parents (who were preachers of corporal punishment) tell me that how I am raising my children is too strict. Which is why my kids are never in trouble at school, they clean up after themselves ( I am not a maid), do their chores daily (or no video game time), and are always called upon by the neighbors to get paid for yard work that their own kids are capable of doing. ( to name a few), It says something of an 11 yr old who gets paid to rake leaves. ( he does a better job, because he knows if he wants to get something from the work he has to work hard and do it right)

sorry got a little off topic.

so as to what happened to kids responsible behavior? They are not taught consequences, or how to be responsible for their actions, and that every action has a reaction. Parents are afraid to teach that to their kids for fear of retribution from some government agency or .. something...I don't know, it's fear of retribution though.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Kids are no different today than any bygone era. Except for one thing. They have gotten the message that they have the right to guns and to kill.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

No, it's a failure in parenting.

Parents coddle and spoil their kids. They don't discipline them, out of a combination of fear and laziness. It's much easier to just give them what they want. They teach their kids that they are all special snowflakes, and reinforce the BS culture of participation awards, and social justice, that they're exposed to in school.

The end result is what we see in millennials and younger: Generations of spoiled, entitled, narcissistic little douchebags, with zero self-awareness, who don't understand the meaning of the word "no", and don't understand the concepts of consequences or personal responsibility.

They don't understand hard work, or living within one's means..they've been raised to believe that everything should be, and will be handed them, and if it's not, all they need to do is throw a big enough tantrum.

take away the guns, and the kids would still be rubbish humans, because their parents utterly failed to raise them right.

Kids had the message that they had the right to guns AGES ago...difference is that parents actually did their damned job back then.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

I am not for corporal punishment myself. My brothers and I were raised by the ww2 gen that beat if you looked crooked. Didn't help. Some kids fear authority, some kids don't give squat.

My three are good people now. Hard workers, responsible. But there were a few years I thought it was hopeless. When you think they are not listening, that is just what they are doing.

The biggest mistakes parents make today, are not talking to their kids. My kids HATED it when I lectured them. They would have rather been grounded. I did both usually. But I don't think grounding works for older. IMO. The other, is being afraid when they start rebelling. Don't give up, don't back down, pick your battles.

top topics

join