It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Your Facebook ID Being Shared With?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Yeah, I sent a message to the band "I Fight Dragons" and they actually replied...I said they should do a song on the upcoming movie "Ready Player One", they said I need to talk to the author of the book, Ernest Cline.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
who gives a crap ???????????????

farcebook is my ` open window ` on the world

what goes on my wall is inconsquential stuff that i can share with 205 people at the click of a mouse key .

i am constantly amazed by what comes across the shares links from freinds pages

infidelity , breaches of corporate confidentiality , blatant criminality - all these pop up at least once a month

and my actuall friends list is VERY selective

bottom line - dont use farcebook for anything that you dont want shouted from the rooftops

and as for who has my " information " - whio cares - its of negligable worth

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I recently opened a Facebook account, just to get news feeds, nothing else. Used a nice fake name I like, a nice fake birthdate really easy to remember (7/7/77), uploaded a pic of Indiana Jones as my avatar, and added a lot of tech/news/nature/astronomy feeds, etc.

It took about half a day for it to recommend someone I may know. I had no idea who it was. I was postings lot of comments on different articles, so I figured it was someone who decided to visit my page.

The next day I had 10 people it recommend as people I may know.

My wife started a Facebook account too, about a month ago, and just has a few friends and family she connects with. She has her friends list set to private, so that no one can see it.

I frineded her, and immediately every single person on her friends list popped up as possible people I may know, even though she set her friend list to private.

I sent her a couple of pictures of flowers and what not, and then decided that her friends might not realize it is me and wonder what is going on, lol. So I just took her off my friends list. I didn't start the account to chit chat anyway. More as a news aggragator. Which I find it is very good at.

Then I thought I'd try something. I would like and share public all the posts I found interesting. And I by this time had quite a huge newsfeed going on.

I liked and shared and liked and shared, even though I have no friends. I just figured, people are visiting my page, I might as well share things I find interesting so they can see them too.

Then the weirdest thing happened. I went to sleep, and woke up the next morning, and had 28 friend requests from people all over the world I had no idea about.

So I started to see who they were, and most o them were artists, and writers, etc. So I thought, why not, I'll let them see my newsfeed, and accepted about half of them. And then I got more friend requests. It was pretty amazing. People from Italy, France, the UK, South Africa, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, US, Moracco, Pakistan, Russia, Germany. I mean just everywhere.

Then I got a guy from New York, Brooklyn who friended me and actually im''d me, and we had a nice conversation for about an hour. Really nice guy who just got a divorce. He saw a post I made on an Ars Technica article, and something just clicked that he liked I guess.

So now, I'm up to 68 friend list, who are total strangers. And have another 15 requests I haven't got around to check on.

Facebook sure makes the world a small place. And I've even had comments from several famous people, Tim Mcgraw, Rebba Mcintire, oh, and even had a conversation with the voice actor of Kaiden Alenko (Raefal Spage), in Mass Effect (a video game). And shared a short story with him, a fan fic I made. We met on a Mass Effect fan page on Facebook.

From the Mass Effect fan page I've gotten several friend requests too. One of which is a nice Siberian translator that knows like 10 languages and we chat.

I realize if I didn't start that page the other day, just because, I never would have met any of these people.

A couple of rules I have while posting, even though I don't use my real name. I will not post anything political. I'm neutral politically anyway, so I am not into politics. I think that draws a lot of people, especially internationally, knowing I do not have a strong political bent. The very fact that it is absent from my posts shows that.

I will not post or repost anything that is defamatory, or that contains foul language. I don't use it my day to day life, and see no need to do so online either.

I look for bright up-building videos, pictures, blogs, news articles, pictures, to share, on all strata of subjects. And it seems to be drawing a lot of people. Every time I open Facebook, I have two or three more people wanting to add me as a friend.

It's the weirdest thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Just a followup on this post. It looks as if I stumbled upon a network of artisans worldwide. A group of people that have interconnected on Facebook. Once one of them friended me, all of them, started to. And friends of their friends.

It is a most interesting thing. It is a network of very talented and usually humble people all over the world. I don't even know how this network started. But I seem to have been drawn into it. And I'm getting to know people with varying and beautiful talents from all over.

Today a woman, whose friend request I accepted even said: Welcome to the fold.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

I have 4000+ friends on Facebook, of whom I know 8 - the others I accepted as fellow animal activists. But Facebook has taken to harassing me lately, first denying me the ability to post or share; then once that had been cleared up, I have been asked to register my real name AND MY MAIDEN NAME ! How dare they be so intrusive?? It is also gender-biased, as men, of course, won't be asked for other (so-called maiden) names. I started a news page (as I was a journalist in my previous line of work) Apparently the word "conspiracy" is like a red flag to them, as I was instantly blocked. . . what is going on? I am not involved in any "subversive" activity; I sign petitions regarding animal & human rights issues, & otherwise am a peaceful, quiet citizen of the planet. . . . . I feel that I am being monitored, & am considering closing my account.

has anyone else experienced anything similar?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join