It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Vatican Have a Time Machine?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Fr. Pellegrino Maria Ernetti (1925 -1994) was a Benedictine priest and scientist who has been said to have developed a time machine! This was a serious man who, working with Enrico Fermi and Nikola Tesla, developed a Time Machine. This might be easily dismissed except for the fact that he was not your typical "crack-pot". He was a scholar and, for God's sake (no pun intended) he did work with some notable and highly respected scientists -- Fermi! Tesla! He developed a device called the CHRONOVISOR which enabled him to view the past in manner not disimilar to watching a television. Now purists might say that this isn't true time travel but, hey, who's splitting hairs here. It is reported that Fr. Ernetti used the Chronovisor to actually watch the crucifiction of Jesus! The actual device, the Chronovisor, is said to have been placed into the vaults of the Vatican Library for "safe-keeping".

Why would a noted and reputable man, priest, scientist make up such a fabrication? If he were an unstable sort, would people like Enrico Fermi or Nikola Testla given him the time of day? Or is there something to this?

Mod Edit: Fixed caps lock title

[edit on 11-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
All I can say is; If he had a time machine that allowed a view into the story of Jesus, then the vatican would have stopped at nothing to make this piece of history known...unless of course, the event was not quite what they have been preaching.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If the Vatican had a time machine I'm sure it would be working overtime. Hell the Pope wouldn't have to apologize for the Crusades (eating crow sucks even if you're Pope) he would have just climbed into the wayback machine and called them off.

Seriously though, why would a brilliant and reputable man say such things? Why do brilliant and reputable people do any of the crazy stuff they do. Brilliance is insanity and reputation can be manufactured.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
could you please cite some references? this is one of the most intriuging topics i've seen in awhile. must search---whirr--click- bzzzz, must find AHA moment!!!!!!!! thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
From what I have been able to find out about this "Chronovisor" on the net, it doesn't allow physical time travel. Instead it is a viewer. That is, it's like a television. It enabled the user to view the past. This would prohibit the pope from going back in time to "call off the crusades". Of course, with this pope, he would have probably urged a more ardent assault in the Holylands. Anyway, the reasons suppression of the Chronovisor might be obvious. Even if the Vatican could show everyone the actual crucifiction of Christ, they would be under a lot of pressure to view other historical events which might be embarrassing to different governments around the world. And, besides, wouldn't this be the ultimate espionage tool? It certainly would go a long way towards explaining the very close ties between the OSS (the precursor of todays CIA) and, of course, todays CIA?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
www.worlditc.org...
www.ianpaisley.org...

there aren't many references that I have found about fr. ernetti but the one's that I have found are rather tantalizing. These should drag the curious into this arcane mystery.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Tonight on the Chronovisor, sit back relax with a bowl of popcorn and watch as we re-witness the beheading of King Louis!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
the only drawback to the chronovisor that I can see is the fact that it's all re-runs! There's nothing new on the tube!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The Vatican truly does possess a time machine!

It happens to be stuck in the 14th Century!

Just where do you think the Pope and the Cardinals get them funky looking outfits?

EDIT: If my comments offends any Catholic members, my apologies. I happen to know quite a few Catholics and they're pretty cool!

[edit on 10/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
All I can say is; If he had a time machine that allowed a view into the story of Jesus, then the vatican would have stopped at nothing to make this piece of history known...unless of course, the event was not quite what they have been preaching.

Hmnn... My bet is that *if* the catholic church had direct, viewable evidence of Jesus, that it would still hide the time machine because they would want people to believe in Jesus as an act of faith. Remember the line from the gospels: 'Blessed is he who believes without seeing.'

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Fr. Pellegrino Maria Ernetti (1925 -1994) was a Benedictine priest and scientist who has been said to have developed a time machine! This was a serious man who, working with Enrico Fermi and Nikola Tesla, developed a Time Machine. This might be easily dismissed except for the fact that he was not your typical "crack-pot". He was a scholar and, for God's sake (no pun intended) he did work with some notable and highly respected scientists -- Fermi! Tesla! He developed a device called the CHRONOVISOR which enabled him to view the past in manner not disimilar to watching a television. Now purists might say that this isn't true time travel but, hey, who's splitting hairs here. It is reported that Fr. Ernetti used the Chronovisor to actually watch the crucifiction of Jesus! The actual device, the Chronovisor, is said to have been placed into the vaults of the Vatican Library for "safe-keeping".

Why would a noted and reputable man, priest, scientist make up such a fabrication? If he were an unstable sort, would people like Enrico Fermi or Nikola Testla given him the time of day? Or is there something to this?

Yeah i read about that before from one of Stewart Swerdlow's book, "Blue Blood, True Blood".

I think that it is most likely true just because Nikola Testla work with priest Ernetti. Testla was beyond his time with all his invention...He find a way have free energy, which was not acceptable to those powers to be...!

I think that one way for the CHRONOVISOR to work would be via TUNING to a specific FREQUENCY...(just like Radionic/Psychotronic machine)...except the CHRONOVISOR has projector...Everything that exist has a unique frequency/signature...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This one seems to be a hoax. For one thing, Tesla died before the good brother reached the age of 18 (and Tesla lived in America, not Italy.) And Fermi emigrated to the US beore the future priest reached the age of 15.

To quote from the Wikipedia article:

The "chronovisor" was portrayed as a large cabinet with a normal cathode ray tube for "viewing" the received events and a series of buttons, levers, and other controls for selecting the time and the location to be viewed. According to its inventor, it worked by receiving, decoding and reproducing the electromagnetic radiation left behind from past events. It is unknown, however, what scientific principles could serve as a basis for such a function.

And there IS the rub. If "events" leave "electromagnetic radiation", then that sort of thing really doesn't linger around. If for some reason it left "vibes" then every place would be so full of "vibes" that you couldn't sort them out.

And the "vibes" would be detectable by other devices. We have insturments that can detect a full range of electromagnetic vibrations. Others would have rediscovered this and used it to locate lost treasures very quickly.

You'd notice a little thing like that.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This time machine story has been around for a long time.
It's a fake. But an interesting and great fake. Who ever
thought this hoax up did a good job ... it's an interesting
thought, isn't it? A time viewer. Way cool. Wish it were
true. Imagine the crimes that could be solved ... who was
really Jack the Ripper? Did America know about Pearl
Harbor before it happned? Hillary's long list of gates -
travelgate for example - all solved! WAY INTERESTING -
the ramifications of such a device if it were ever to be created.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
the only drawback to the chronovisor that I can see is the fact that it's all re-runs! There's nothing new on the tube!

Much Like BBC & ITV in the UK then!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
haha, still though, interesting idea this....I dont know....if he did invent some form of device, dont you think a little more about this device would have been heard about ?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am picturing the scene from "Napoleon Dynamite" with the Pope trying on the machine instead of Napoleon.

CLICK . . . . ZAP . . . BZZZZZ

"Ah, turn it off!!! turn it off!"

[edit on 11-1-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

And the "vibes" would be detectable by other devices. We have insturments that can detect a full range of electromagnetic vibrations. Others would have rediscovered this and used it to locate lost treasures very quickly.

Not so sure about that...

I'll wager there's a TON of things going on in this universe that are not discernable with our five senses, nor instruments we've yet fabricated. Psychometry is one example (getting impressions off of objects), and there are others. If such a device was able to identify, separate, and then show this data, then who knows, possibly?

Still though, I'm going to go with hoax on this one, and disagree with another poster, and that it's actually a fairly bad attempt, as evidenced by the way Byrd blew holes in the timeline of it...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Isn't the film the Golden Compass based on this?... And teh church opposed the distribution of the film?.. Very interesting!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Isn't the film the Golden Compass based on this?... And teh church opposed the distribution of the film?.. Very interesting!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

If that was the case, then the Vatican would have stopped the kiddy-fiddling before it even started. The Vatican has monumentally screwed up on a few occasions, and if the time machine existed, they wouldn't have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join