It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO2 burst seems to be from San Andreas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just came across this video through a friend. The presenter shows us a massive burst of carbon dioxide and other gases along the west coast on February 25 at about 4pm-ish. He also points out that someone else had previously made such observations in the past, in a different area of the world, and a earthquake followed soon after. youtu.be...
So has anyone in that region have any local observations?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

Yes. NONE. Zero observations here.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I did a Google search and found that is carbon monoxide that was released.
Here is a blog with links. Has some satellite(?) pics of the area affected.
blog

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

nice find, in the comments section someone posted a link to a study on the very subject

Scientists detect deep carbon emissions associated with continental rifting

Make of it what you will, but it's sure interesting

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The data is not actually data at all. It comes from an atmospheric forecast model.

GEOS-5 data (covering all Chem and Particulates layers) comes with the following disclaimer: Forecasts using the GEOS system are experimental and are produced for research purposes only. Use of these forecasts for purposes other than research is not recommended.

earth.nullschool.net...-disclaimer
edit on 2/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Who's going to pay the carbon tax?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Geologically, things move slowly. If a significant event does happen soon, this could be a game changer as far as event prediction goes.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
The data is not actually data at all. It comes from an atmospheric forecast model.

GEOS-5 data (covering all Chem and Particulates layers) comes with the following disclaimer: Forecasts using the GEOS system are experimental and are produced for research purposes only. Use of these forecasts for purposes other than research is not recommended.

earth.nullschool.net...-disclaimer

You are ruining the atmosphere of doom here, bud.
Just tell us that we are all going to die.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So where does it get the data to forecast ? And why would it be forecasting the past ?

Also how could I use it to watch a storm 2 months ago that hit the UK ? Surely it needs data in order to accurately predict ?

I'm not saying you're incorrect, just looking for some elaboration on your comment
edit on 29/2/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

So where does it get the data to forecast ?
I provided you with the website. Feel free to explore.

And why would it be forecasting the past ?
I don't understand the question. It is a forecast model.

Also how could I use it to watch a storm 2 months ago that hit the UK ?
I don't understand your question.

I'm not saying you're incorrect, just looking for some elaboration on your comment.
Why not use the website? It can answer your questions better than I can.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Who's going to pay the carbon tax?

leonardo dicaprio has it covered

edit on 29-2-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

2 months ago, we had a storm hit the UK, I watched the very storm on the website.

If it's only a model with no data how did it accurately show the storm ?

I already use the website, which is the very reason why I'm asking you about your "it doesn't use data" comment and just wanted some clarification as I assumed it was almost real time
edit on 29/2/16 by Discotech because: got there finally

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I didn't say it doesn't use data. I said it is not showing actual data. Meaning real time data.

Sorry, the link did not post correctly, here is a more direct one, the source of the GOES 5 chemistry model.
gmao.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A friend of mine on facebook posted something about this today along with an interesting link to a blog about the co2 emissions going up the west coast and a possible theory of it being am precursor to an EQ.
Seemorerocs:More on the carbon monoxide spike

It's an interesting read.

Just a quote for part of it

It’s worth noting that no major US or Canadian geological organization has yet made any report on this particularly large CO spike. However, a piece of scientific research in Nature Asia, by K. S. Jayaraman notes that major CO and SO2 spikes may be an indication that future earthquake activity is on the way.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Ok so does that mean, what was shown in the video for the OP didn't happen ? Even though it wasn't in real time and they were looking back a few days ?

And you're right you didn't say it doesn't use data so apologies for taking what you said out of context

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't want to start arguments here. I'm just trying to point out that if a major earthquake does occur in the region in the next few days, then this could potentially be a useful tool for predicting future geological events.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
In many ways I hope I'm wrong because I have family in the area and do wish the best for all people. But if this does turn out to be a useful tool for predicting such events, it could help millions people to prepare themselves.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
A friend of mine on facebook posted something about this today along with an interesting link to a blog about the co2 emissions going up the west coast and a possible theory of it being am precursor to an EQ.

It's an interesting read.

Just a quote for part of it

It’s worth noting that no major US or Canadian geological organization has yet made any report on this particularly large CO spike. However, a piece of scientific research in Nature Asia, by K. S. Jayaraman notes that major CO and SO2 spikes may be an indication that future earthquake activity is on the way.

I am already on record (in the comments section as musivick)
that the accepted 7-8 day precursor event of massive outgassing of CO tells us that an 8+ mega-quake
is ordained for CA/OR/WA in the Cascadia region from 1 March-thru-4 March as the mea-quake event date

I counter that the Earth mantle, suddenly super-hot, is the cause all along the Fault-riddled Terrain of CA/OR/WA
where the sudden out-gassing is taking place
the hotter than usual mantle, the additional hot-spots under this whole west coast expanse is causing the out-gassing and the resulting destabilization of deeper strata layers which CAN lead to a mega EQ

I say an EQ on the 3rd or 4th of March, 2016...
these guys are behind on their reasoning/diagnosis

the hot Mantle below the Earth Crust is causing displacement----which causes an outgassing--- with an EQ to follow

Its not about 1/2 mile deep settlements because of a slowly slip-slide between the 2 land masses of the Fault Line(s)

this is all repercussions from the Earth Core acting Cyclically Weird... in a long time cycle that mimics the Planet X return

Planet X is under our feet at the Earth Core (internal Sun)... NOT in the 2nd heaven of outer space

resource the occult Nazi thing about the 'Eternal ICE + FIRE Cycle/Theory'
edit on th29145679818929092016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThickAsABrick
In many ways I hope I'm wrong because I have family in the area and do wish the best for all people.

You do know it's inevitable, right?
I mean, there will be an EQ in Cali, and a massive one, and probably in the next ten years.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Will be interesting to watch this. Great post, thank you!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join