It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything about Trump should be hated by GOP but...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
He leads. Why?
There is nothing American about this guy, he outsources jobs, marries an immigrant and is a draft dodger.

Has no real policy

Makes stupid remarks regarding rape.

What exactly is the appeal here. Are people really going to vote for a guy because he is rude and obnoxious?
edit on 29-2-2016 by FullBloodedNative because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative
What exactly is the appeal here. Are people really going to vote for a guy because he is rude and obnoxious?

Yes. Welcome to Idiocracy.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's mass delusion at it's finest. Nothing you say will break the spell. He is the new God of the desperate pathetic masses.
Might as well stop wondering why, and just watch it all crash and burn.

(post by introvert removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative

Both the left and the right have their authoritarian factions that think they know better and want to impose their will on others. He appeals to that faction of the right who know better than the rest of us.

Thanks Obama!!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The right wing GOP types are pissed off at their party loosing power and influence in America. These folks are upset that the party they've thrown their support behind can't seem to win the White House, and allowed Obama TWO terms.

They're a desperate bunch, pissed off and ready to "stick it to the party" ... Hence, Trump.

So, as the GOP looses steam, they're hastening its implosion by supporting Trump in some kind of misguided anti-establishment push.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FullBloodedNative

Its because he is not a life long politician. People are so angry at the government that they want someone who is not a part of the establishment. Out of all the candidates on both sides that leaves Trump and Carson.

Trump happens to resonate with the people right now in the sense he doesnt mince words. People knows where he stands. The same cant be said of the other candidates.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Trump happens to resonate with the people right now in the sense he doesnt mince words. People knows where he stands.

Only if you ignore the fact that every time he opens his mouth he contradicts himself.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
He is America's middle fingered farewell to a failed system.

Soon the Electoral College will be exposed for the fraud it is.

We are dividing ourselves over something we have no say in.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

[SNIP]

Very nice.
Right wingers are ignorant yet you are the one resorting to name calling.

Pot, meet kettle
edit on 2/29/2016 by eriktheawful because: Removed quoted post that was removed for TC violation.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: introvert
Donald Trump is the very type of person the GOP should be against, yet they like him because Trump and the Right Wing share one very important quality.

They are ignorant assholes.

Very nice.

Pot, meet kettle

All the right wingers do is name calling towards the left.
Funny how they are little girls when it is directed back at them...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Where he stands? He's shifted positions on the Iraq war, abortion, healthcare...

He's a POPULIST and will say/do anything to please people. He doesn't "say it like it is" -- he "says it how people want to hear".

Trump targets a demographic and exploits it, changing whatever he needs to in order to pander to them. If he's called out, he just blusters throws up his hands, side steps the questions and gets angry. Trump deflects and projects onto people who aim fair criticisms at him.

All politicians do this to some extent, but Trump ... well, he trumps them all.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I always found the comments on the electoral system interesting. What makes it a fraud? The reason for the electoral college was not hidden by the founding fathers. The system was present on the off chance the American people went stupid and voted for an idiot (like obama). There is something like 32+ states who have legislation requiring the electorate to vote in the manner the people of the state did.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Very nice.

Pot, meet kettle

Being ignorant and using specific terms to accurately describe certain groups of people are two different things. Perhaps you need to learn what "pot-kettle" means.

But I am a bit confused. Many people like Trump because he tells it like it is and is not afraid to be PC. When I try to tell it like it is, I'm met with anger and criticism. Why is that?

Maybe it's because I don't serve-up confirmation bias like Trump does.

Just something to think about.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

Everyone is reminded that this thread is NOT in the Political Mud Pit.

Please attempt to resist the name calling and insults as they do not belong outside the Pit.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Maybe I just feel it's wrong to call half the voting population ignorant assholes.
That to me is an ignorant poorly informed attitude.
Hence, it takes one to know one.

You apparently think anybody that disagrees with you is ignorant.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

His stance on Mexicans and Moslems. That it.

They also seem to like that hes a childish, pseudo-celebrity, immature, clownish, ignorant, douche with a big mouth?

Theres no way that anyone with half a brain cell sincerely believes that Trump supports the rest of the GOP platform with regards to abortion or the 2A or debt or healthcare etc., none of it.

Not if they take into consideration his pre-election rhetoric over the past 2 decades.

Then again, all of this assumes that the average voter isnt an idiot...

edit on 29-2-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Maybe I just feel it's wrong to call half the voting population ignorant assholes.

All fair in love and war. In thread after thread we get to hear the rantings of people that make disparaging blanket statements about the Left. Yourself included.

That is a good example of Pot meets kettle.

School yard tactics, huh?

That is not what I said. Agreeing or disagreeing on matters of politics or policy has nothing to do with it.

We can disagree on almost everything and I can respect you, but being reasonable is not what the Right Wing is and that is what Trump capitalizes on.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think everything about Trump is hated by the GOP and many conservatives, including the right-wing National Review. But he does have a certain incapacitating effect on proponents of the DNC that is quite magical to watch, not to mention hilarious. Either way, both democrats and republicans are supporting him, finally bridging that partisan gap and uniting between parties.

Donald Trump's Strongest Supporters: A certain kind of Democrat

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That to me is an ignorant poorly informed attitude.

You know what the argument will be. "Well, you do it to!" Both sides are guilty of brazen hypocrisy and a lack of principle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join