It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the world seem to hate the United States?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This probably seems like a silly question but, at the same time, it is a very valid question to ask; Why does the world seem to hate the United States?

It probably started long ago for a variety of reasons, but America bashing certainly has reach new heights since the invasion of Iraq and the presidential election. It's reached the point now where I have found numerous posts that actually have gone on to blame the United States for the earthquake in Sumatra and the resultant tsunami in Southeast Asia! It's one thing to be critical of a country for its' political policies and actions but it certainly reaches another level when natural geophysical events; i.e., earthquakes, tsunamis, storms, hurricanes and tornados are "caused" by the United States. How did the United States become the worlds' "boogie man"?

MOD EDIT: All caps title.

[edit on 6/4/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Greetings.

You've posted this long time ago indeed,but...can you now answer your own question ?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
maybe i have some answers.

1. American people always say that the other country's human rights, but does it do well ?
2. American regard itself as the international policemen, and always touch the hot potatoes
3. he doesn't want to pay after eating, though he is very rich. i mean something about the UN conference fee
4.……………………
TextText RedText

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I find it strange how everyone always seems people hate the U.S. and hate Americans. While I was on a study abroad trip in Europe last year, visiting multiple countires, I met many people from all over the world. I did not have one single person tell me the U.S. was horrible or that Americans were horrible. In fact, most of the people said they wanted to come to the U.S. to either visit or live/work. My sample may be skewed, since the individuals I was talking to were around my age (mostly 16-30), but I did not see or feel any bad feelings towards the U.S.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It isn't so much that the world hates Americans, although some do just because they stereotype groups. Most world opinon against the US from intelligent people, yes - even Osama Bin Laden - is against the US governments actions abroad. As Americans, we do not 'see" this a whole lot without probing for answers. The US news does not show our country too often in a shadow when it comes to our actions abroad. In fact, they are always showing all the good things we are doing - for the most part.

But, you have to remember that the world is NOT our playground just because we are the sole superpower. This is what the world rants about. Other nations are sovereign and even though the President doesn't know this definition, he sure would if some other nation medalled and demanded things in our affairs.

The world sees US actions as selfish, because even though we do assist nations from time to time, it isnt without strings attached. The US is in a stage of global dominance where the end game is all that matters. We are trying to stretch our resources across the globe economically, militarily, and socially to eliminate competition for our motherland. Iraq is an example. We are not there on some lofty mission to free people, but to insert a level of control over that region that will last and be beneficial for the future. The more control the US gains, the less opposition we will have later on. But all this comes with consequences. The world does see this happening and eventually will take actions. The so called-terrorists already did. It wasn't because they hate our freedom. The see what the US government had been doing in their lands and took action. This isn't some psychotic group acting irrationally, but playing the same game that all governments use - tit for tat. Unfortunatley, the people are usually the casualties of all this.

Ask yourself how you would feel if the fall of the soviets never happened and they became the sole superpower and came in and built bases globally and started dictating how everyone should do things. Would you start to dislike them? Probably me as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
"Why does the world seem to hate the United States?"

It's not your imagination, they don't just seem to hate the USA, they actually do hate them.

Seriously? It seems to be a media thing, sort of, primarily. And cause of Iraq and the wars - not just the last two, the loads of other wars and invasions in the last umpteen years. It's mental, just as Britain is giving independence back to all the nations it took over during the age of the empire, the USA starts it up in divergent lands. It's like some rampaging madman is taking governments over interdimensionally - 'oh can't do that from the UK any longer so I'll go take up residence in the US govt.' and proceeds to rule that over regardless who is voted in.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Why does the world hate America?
Why did America hate Germany?
Why did America hate Russia?
Why did Australia hate Japan?
Why did China hate Japan?
Why did England hate France?
Why did Vietnam hate France?

The Answer?
Political Current Events.

It doesn't matter what country we're in, nor does the era.

The fact is, there will always be a conflict of interest when it comes to political ideals.

Plus You should watch Team America.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't think the world hates American's so much as they are continually astounded as to your ignorance of the historical facts as they pertain to your own foreign policy.

The School of the Americas and the support of brutal dictators in South America who would support privatization and end equitable distribution of the wealth from the natural resources there.
Installing Noriega in Panama and then razing the slums with fire to depose him.
Saddam Hussien supported by your arms trade against Iran.
Osama Bin Laden trained by the CIA and used the taliban to fight the Russians in Afghanistan
The list is endless.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Installing Noriega in Panama and then razing the slums with fire to depose him.

I'm sorry? When was this? Who's Noriega? I've never even heard of this incident!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Maybe because people see them as Englands little brother who got too big for his boots!

Also I think people see them as trigger happy hypocrites, who don't let anyone reach the same military advancment as themselves even thought they have bombed more countries recently than anyone else.

new topics

top topics

join