It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver Destroys Trump!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
cj6

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Literally every single thing he said about Drumpf is the truth. So whether you like John Oliver or not stop getting pissed off that he's made your political hero look like the absolute joke that he truly is.

#MadeDonaldDrumpfAgain

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Let's face facts — Trump supporters are not going to change their minds no matter what. He exposed the mindless adulation of his his supporters to the mindless adulation of his supporters:

It sure looks that way. It's mind boggling.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
a reply to: okrian The BIG PICTURE is what You don't seem to get. Does the media generally rally against the bad person ?,,no

Where have you been? The media has made Trump who he is in this election cycle. They eat him up and hang onto every word. Media against him... yeah ok. Watch any news outlet and tell me how much free press Trump isn't getting.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cj6

Literally every single thing he said about Drumpf is the truth. So whether you like John Oliver or not stop getting pissed off that he's made your political hero look like the absolute joke that he truly is.

#MadeDonaldDrumpfAgain

How? A businessman had a few failures? His ancestors changed their names? He's not 100% consistent?

Oliver revealed his own fear, his bias, and that's about it.
edit on 29-2-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: Medicator
a reply to: okrian The BIG PICTURE is what You don't seem to get. Does the media generally rally against the bad person ?,,no

Where have you been? The media has made Trump who he is in this election cycle. They eat him up and hang onto every word. Media against him... yeah ok. Watch any news outlet and tell me how much free press Trump isn't getting.

Your making a logical folly blaming the media, they're responding to page clicks and ad sales. The people 'eat him up' whether they love or hate him. Same reason the Kardashian's exist... page clicks, ad sales... Trump knows this well and it's cheap entertainment for the news to produce and make money, exactly like reality TV stars are inexpensive properties that pay huge dividends.
edit on 29-2-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

To "prove" Trump is a lousy business man, they play some 5 second clip of his daughter recalling an off-the-cuff comment he allegedly made to her on the street like 30 years ago.

The points were of poor quality and obviously patched together haphazardly to counter a bunch of random stuff Trump has said over many years.

Well if that is all you remember from the entire 20 min. report then I suggest you watch it again because you obviously missed all the rest. Including his multiple bankrupt filings, his habit of threatening to sue anyone who he disagrees with and his repeated failed business ideas. Not to mention his repeated history of misrepresenting his net worth and false misrepresentations of himself and how great and successful he is.

The points weren't of poor quality nor haphazardly put together at all and most importantly as you even admit they are of Trump himself saying these things. Things that Oliver also gives the supporting sources for the information which he's talking about. So unless you can show otherwise all you're really saying is that you didn't like hearing the truth about Trump. Which is fine if that is your opinion about it, but it's still the truth all the same.

And, mind you, not a PEEP about Bernie or Hillary. Just a list of illogical irrelevant cheap shots desperately trying to bring Trump down.

This isn't even a valid rebuttal. The report was about Trump and only Trump. There's no reason to mention anyone else for any reason. Nor does it counter any of the information that was put forward so I don't know why you would mention it. It neither invalidates any of this information nor does it show any kind of deception on the part of Oliver. He isn't reporting on any political party, or the other people running for president or anything else. The report was about Trump, period. Implying that doing so is somehow wrong is just an attempt to divert the conversation somewhere else and change the subject.

I think even Oliver knew the material was weak.

Well, you're free to think anything you want but you opinion is meaningless to anyone else but yourself. The only thing that matters is what you can show evidence for as being true.

But I thank you for your reply. Let me know if you have something other than just your opinion which might actually counter this information should you find any.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Bahhahaha can you not see that no one cares, in fact what Trump supporters are saying is, What is Wrong with YOU, that you do not feel the same about ALL the candidates, and the lies they spew.

None of us have any doubts, that at least this guy will try a HELL of a lot harder to get things done than you care to admit.

Let us know when you find a candidate who doesn't lie, CONTINOUSLY.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You are just mad and confused that people like a guy who is tough and proven, and actually are squirming with glee and amazement that people are horrified that he might become president.

Admit it, you are MAD that people have a candidate they can approve of, whilst you have NOTHING>

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: DAVID64
Calling people names is not going to help change their minds. "Dumb" "Stupid" "Mentally Challenged" are just a few names I've seen used here on the boards.

Let's face facts — Trump supporters are not going to change their minds no matter what. He exposed the mindless adulation of his his supporters to the mindless adulation of his supporters:

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

Why should anyone have a higher opinion of his supporters than Trump himself?

Or maybe he is saying that even if he did that , he STILL is a more viable candidate than the other losers ?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Bahhahaha can you not see that no one cares, in fact what Trump supporters are saying is, What is Wrong with YOU, that you do not feel the same about ALL the candidates, and the lies they spew.

Well considering that I think Trump supporters are out of their minds I don't care what they think of me.

None of us have any doubts, that at least this guy will try a HELL of a lot harder to get things done than you care to admit.

Let us know when you find a candidate who doesn't lie, CONTINOUSLY.

Actually, assuming he does get elected I believe he will try very hard. His personality type is a "Go big or Go home" type of mentality. He's not someone who will accept a life of being average. It's either all or nothing and it seems he could end up as a nothing just as much as the opposite. The problem here is that he might take the rest of us with him. I just don't know what he'll work hard at doing. Since he's not exactly honest or trustworthy I don't have any idea what he might do.

You are just mad and confused that people like a guy who is tough and proven, and actually are squirming with glee and amazement that people are horrified that he might become president.

Admit it, you are MAD that people have a candidate they can approve of, whilst you have NOTHING>

That's where you're wrong. I'm not mad at all. Confused yes. But not because they like him and I wouldn't say he's proven either. I'm not sure what you even mean by that. What has he proved???

I'm not mad at anything in fact I find it somewhat amusing but confusing yes. Confused because he has supported whatever position is convenient for him both in the past and present. We all know he's pandering to the Christians now. He's been on the side of the left in the past. Now he's supposedly on the right but doesn't get along with anyone on the right and still talks of running independent. (which actually makes sense to me why he would). He just seems to say whatever he thinks people want to hear at the time.

Then there is the obvious BS he talks, especially when bragging about himself which is just childishly embarrassing at times. Then he says something that is just straight up NOT GOOD at all like saying as president he'll sue reporters or organizations if he doesn't like what they're saying. Basically just openly calling for an end to Freedom of the Press!! Or saying we should be killing "the families" of our enemies which is literally a war crime. It's like he doesn't know a damn thing about the constitution but of course he'd tell you he knows the constitution better than everyone ever. Just like he says so much other complete BS just because people want to hear it no matter how incorrect it is or how obvious he's lying about it.

So in short, you have it almost all wrong in what you think I think. But a couple things slightly close to being correct.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
OP, you open the thread up to ad homs on Oliver because you're using a comedian as source material we're supposed to take seriously.

When we obviously don't. He isn't even funny, but I digress. I've never understood why people regurgitate what some hack comedian says on TV says and peddle it as real truth.

Maybe that very fact is contributing to why so many fools are falling for Trump--they think comedy is news.

I'm not opening anything up to ad hom attacks. Everyone is simply choosing them as their go to rebuttal because they can't refute what is being said. Oliver has done a great job at showing Trump to be dishonest and a bit of a clown by using Trump himself and his own statements and video's against him. Even my questions in the OP were directed toward Trump supporters and whether or not this information would effect them. Clearly it has. It's made them into Zombie Trump followers who choose to ignore facts and instead praise celebrity, pandering BS and lies. Here at ATS of all places too, which is extra shameful.

It doesn't even matter whether you find any of it funny or not either. You're opinion of the messenger has nothing to do with his message. Never once did I ask anyone to give me their opinion of Oliver himself. I specifically asked about what he said about Trump. Not only have ad hom attacks against him resulted but other logical fallacies as well like your implication that Oliver being a comedian somehow automatically means what he says is any less valid. As if because someone is a Comedian, or perhaps a plumber, or clerk that it somehow disqualifies them from telling the truth. Strange assumption on your part IMO.

Maybe the reason so many fools are falling for Trump is because they are just that, FOOLS.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'll tell you what, when Oliver does the same to all the lies Hillary has told over the years, maybe I'll take his opinion seriously. Trump could tell a a lie every hour up until the general election and he still won't have told more than Hillary OR Obama have.

I'm no Trump supporter, but he's STILL the lesser evil if it's between him and Hillary Clinton. I'm actually getting pretty depressed that this is what we are faced with, a choice between a guy that seems to have no concrete plans at all and is just playing to people's fears, and Hillary who seems to change her stance on anything depending on who she's talking to and if it will help her move up a couple points in the polls. You know what happens with people like Hillary? They tell you what you want to hear, and when they're in office they do what is going to line their pockets the most, we've had too much of that recently so sadly it looks like I'm taking a chance on Trump. Sad that we aren't left with a single decent candidate.

AND the media like John Oliver deserve a LARGE chunk of the blame.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

I just don't understand how anyone can have this kind of attitude and choose to be in denial because of your chosen bias. What difference does it make if Oliver does or does not do a report on Hillary??? It changes absolutely nothing that he's already said about Trump. Zero difference. But you'd rather just ignore the truth about Trump because you didn't get to hear what you wanted to hear about someone else. It just defies reason.

I'm not a supporter of Hillary either and don't support Trump clearly. But one has nothing to do with the other. Why would you choose to ignore the facts because you didn't get to hear what you wanted about a different topic??? It makes no sense.

It also makes no sense that you are against Hillary because she lies and just tells people what they want to hear yet excuse Trump for doing the exact same. Regardless of who may or may not lie more they are still both liars. The hypocrisy on display by so many people when it comes to this is astounding. They absolutely hate everyone else for the BS they do but totally excuse Trump for doing those same things. I mean do you see the double standard in play???

I understand that most probably think Trump is a lesser evil than Trump, I'm actually somewhat in agreement with that myself to a point. But that doesn't make me excuse him for the same thing I'm condemning others for doing. I also cannot take anyone serious who does. Anyone who supports Trump but rails against everyone else for doing the same things he does is just as intellectually dishonest as any other liar. You either have to support liars or not. But you lose all credibility for supporting some liars and not others.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Enjoyed the video.

I don't think the Drumpf momentum is going to slow down though. In fact it may take a combination of Democrats and Republicans working together to save America from itself. Trump is a very successful huckster and fools a lot of people.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

You could always, I dunno, actually watch what you post so you understand the entire point of it?

He points out the flaws, cites hard numbers of voter fraud (which are way, WAY less than the Right implies, and I admit I bought that crap hook, line & sinker)

Also, if you bothered to view it, he calls out the voter ID hardliner politicians for ... doing it themselves. On camera.

10:37 in. Just observe. Same politicians who railed against voting fraud, doing it themselves.

Our tax dollars pay them to do this. Legal or not (google-fu hasn't been entirely helpful, but leans towards not) it's morally effed up. Talk about not practicing what they preach.

And no, I'm certainly not saying do away with IDs. I agree with Oliver in that it's insanely difficult for some people to get an ID due to the BS amount of paperwork needed in some circumstances. Which is his point, not dumping ID laws entirely.
But you'd know that if you watched this instead of just knee-jerk posting it attempting to prove your point (surprise! you didn't)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Bit late in watching this. But that was genius. It's true that Drumpf's dumb (yes...they are all stupid. In my opinion) won't care, but that was very entertaining to watch.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Also Oliver made a promise on-air that he would not cover anything to do with the election... I wonder what, or who, put pressure on him to change his mind?

It came out right at the same time as the big anti Trump push started in the media. Remember when the Koch's said they were putting $75 million into a massive anti Trump media blitz?

Do you think that money all went to PAC's to run commercials? Every news station went anti Trump, as did many entertainment shows, John Oliver being one example. Even radio hosts got in on it, on the big day Hannity's show was all anti Trump as was Limbaugh's, and Beck has been anti Trump since the blitz started (originally Trump being his favorite). Alex Jones who sided with Trump also went against him.

I suspect they spent way more than $75 million. The entire MSM and huge chunks of alternative media ALL went anti Trump together.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He made an appeal to emotion and light on facts.

That is why Trump supporters arent falling in line with the MSM spin on all this.

You are though, how nice for you. Then again you do fall inline with globalist agendas and the two party sham.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join