It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver Destroys Trump!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Tonight John Oliver absolutely destroyed Donald Trump by exposing his lies, flip flopping decision making, bad business practices and much more. Like all of Oliver's informative shows there is no doubt that this message was welcomed into millions of homes and with more to come. So will this be significant in Trumps run for President?

Will having to finally admit that this man is "full of it" be realized by his supporters after seeing this show???

There are many of his supporters here and I would love to hear your comments about this because John Oliver is a major source of credible information combined with great comedy and his message does carry some weight behind it. Mostly because those who watch his show know he's speaking the truth and backs up everything he says.

Here it is for those who may not have seen it.

edit on 29-2-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I believe his supporters do not care he's full of it, they're voting anti-establishment by any means with hopes he'll clear out some of the DC trash. While Oliver, as always, makes a compelling case he's preaching to the choir.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Jason88

So they want to shake up DC and remove the frauds and liars from power by electing yet another Fraud and Liar???

How is that supposed to work exactly???

They are mentally damaged if that is their plan.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

So they want to shake up DC and remove the frauds and liars from power by electing yet another Fraud and Liar???

They ARE mentally damaged, they are worshiping TRUMP.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The video clip is not available to be played in my country.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Simon1967

I believe this is the same clip posted by the OP, should be available to watch in your country: www.youtube.com...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Calling people names is not going to help change their minds. "Dumb" "Stupid" "Mentally Challenged" are just a few names I've seen used here on the boards.
If you haven't figured out by now that none of them give a sh** about the American people, what does that say about you?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Is this the same guy who said Voter ID doesn't prevent election fraud and that people should be allowed to vote without showing any form of documentation?

First Piers Morgan, now John Oliver. Why does the American establishment love to use Brits as political mouth pieces?
edit on 29-2-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
When it comes to arguing about politicians more often than > You'll have way more 'in common' with the person You're arguing with, than that of the politician You're arguing about.

"You need a chain to make a change..." See how when one politico makes a point, then the next one either calls the first a liar or an idiot? Until the folks get together these "leaders" (cheats and frauds) will continue to play their game.

What chance would an actual "independent" have?

I like to use the example of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce spending $100M on the 2012 Presidential Erection, I'm typing about the Main Office/HQ Why? Great if Your commerce is politics but what if it is paint and hardware?

If Billary wins do You think We will be able to see the Saudis actually pull the strings?

All kidding aside, if You don't think these folks all get together at The Bohemian Club and play 'grab a$$' and are in on it, I'd opine You'd been sniffing glue..

namaste

P.S. Too bad Mr. Oliver was hatched the other side of The Pond, He'd do just as well and no worse than what is wasting $$$ now..

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

A fair question.

However, I note that it skillfuly avoids connecting with, responding to, or in any way accepting the existence of the points made by Mr Oliver, during the segment of video in question.

The truth, no matter from where it comes, is still truth. Perhaps a little more attention ought to be paid to the truth, and less to the part of ones mind which has been hacked by the advertising and hype around this particular candidate. Oliver might be all manner of things, but the things he said in the video above, were actually true, where as many of the things Mr Trump has said are not.

Which one you like is not important. Which one tells you what you want to hear is even less relevant. All that matters, is who is telling the truth, who can you trust to limit their utterances to things which true, which actually happened, rather than to the legend they created for themselves to sell stocks?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You have to wonder if Jon Oliver can layout the Truth about Donald Trump so simply, what's wrong with the main stream media? You can't deny any of the facts that Oliver presented. Every point was proven with actual video and comments coming straight from Trump's mouth.

Hey Trump supporters, you need to take the time to watch this video it may help you take the blind folds off.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Not avoiding or denying anything being said in the video, but there is no strict guideline on ATS saying that I am not aloud to comment on the source.

Just pointing out the fact that Oliver has a history of being a complete hack when it comes to American politics, especially the second amendment, and no one else is devoting 20 minute segments of their show to bashing on any particular candidate.

Also Oliver made a promise on-air that he would not cover anything to do with the election... I wonder what, or who, put pressure on him to change his mind?

I suspect this will help Trump, bad press is better then no press and hell, Carson practically begged to be attacked. Americans also seem to have a lack of trust for British pundits who get involved with their politics... Piers Morgan did more for the pro-gun crowd then any politician could ever have.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

While I don't agree with the name calling, his base is far gone from what is typical. They dislike many things about the US now and there's no reasoning with them. Whatsoever. While a valiant effort by Mr Oliver, it will be lost on the Trump crowd. They simply don't care.
edit on 29-2-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I think the problem is not that there are people that support Trump, but that there are no viable alternatives. Oliver could easily have made this piece about Hilary or the other candidates.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I guess ol AJ was right, Trump must be scaring the hell out of the establishment politicians.

Personally, I can't stand John Oliver because he's too liberal and takes himself too seriously. And he shows that he really knows nothing about American culture at all.

Funny thing is, he could have bashed away on any of these bozos that are running for office in the same manner.
edit on 29-2-2016 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well, ok then.

Let me look at this another way then. If I see some blatant bull coming out of the states, about some political issue or personage, clearly awful, utterly blatant crap, I comment on it, right here on ATS. I am also British. I also call everyone on those moments. The French, Germans, my own nations figureheads and leaders, and everyone else. The difference? Oliver gets paid very well for being eloquent, intelligent, and capable of dissecting an issue with an almost autopsy like thoroughness.

Does it offend you when I, a British citizen, offer my opinion on matters in the states? Or does it only offend you, when a British citizen airs an opinion on matters which conflicts with your own?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I'm not American but even I see that when a Piers Morgan or John Oliver goes on US television and tries to sway public opinion on political matters, it usually blows right back in their face.

You also make it seem like Oliver is some sort of benevolent investigative journalist that does all the sleuthing and writes every line of dialogue all by himself.

The fact is he is nothing more then an eloquent, intelligent mouthpiece.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Once again, fair point.

But is what he said wrong or untrue?

If it is not wrong, or untrue, then what does it matter what, or who he is?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Not denying that any of what Oliver said is true or false, but he did break his promise to not cover anything to do with the election and when he starts attacking all the candidates in the same way rather then just the ones he happens to have a grudge against, I might take him more seriously.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
People are still watching Jon Oliver. I mean Come On it's 2016

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join