It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Slave Owners:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

You are mistaken. I would wager if you go look at that picture now it doesn't say that. If it does, post an image of it.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

And? Still wasn't slavery where you and your children and their children belonged to your master...let's not attempt to perpetuate a myth of white slavery to downplay the slavery our black brothers and sisters went through.
edit on 2-3-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That's not how indentured contracts worked in the Americas...they didn't reset when the contract was transferred. If it was, they had a legal identity and could appeal to local authority. Black slaves did not have that option.

www.virtualjamestown.org...
edit on 2-3-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You are mistaken. I would wager if you go look at that picture now it doesn't say that. If it does, post an image of it.

No, no I'm not. That was the specific reason they took the photo and the specific reason the sign was pointed out when we were looking through the albums as kids: "Look, see what we had to deal with, you kids have such an easy life these days..."

Next time I talk to her I'll ask. Or wait until she passes and get the photo from the estate. The latter is more likely, we don't exactly get along.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Not down playing Black slavery, I'm trying to avoid people from down playing white slavery.

Just because you're in a house doesn't mean jack because they were all slaves. Of course there were black slaves that were never beaten and raped, and there of course were white indentured slaves that also never experienced harm.

So what do we do with this?

Some slaves were treated like slaves, some were treated with more respect in comparison. There are exceptions to every rule.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Then, as I showed previously, that would apparently be the only picture in print to prove that such a sign existed...by all means get a hold of it at some point and share it when you can.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

thats because he is cherry picking a few from history with the edict being that, 'because blacks had black slaves it was cool for whites to keep black slaves', rather than all slavery, at any time was and still is wrong.

I'm not sure that is the message.

The thing is, in current social justice discussions they make claims like "only white people have ever oppressed other people" or "only white people have ever had slaves." That not only is inaccurate, but actually legitimizes other oppression or disrespects the peoples who have suffered at the hands of others, because "they don't exist."

How is that social justice?

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
February 28, 2023

As Black History Month 2023 comes to an end, Non-Black Americans can feel better about themselves, knowing that San Franciso is awarding $5 million to each Black resident of that city.

The San Francisco committee which came up with a reparations figure of $5 million for each black resident did not use a mathematical formula to determine that number, according to the committee chairman.
More at: news.yahoo.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join