It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone a fan of nootropics? ( brain supplements! )

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Yes i found Oxiracetam to be the best but it was much more expensive then Piracetam and i was not working at the time. I think i was taking about 6g of Piracetam a day split between two doses. Also the modifinil i split into a morning and luchtime dose. Theres a certain point at which it starts to have an oposite effect and the dosage is different for everyone.

I wasnt that impressed with Alpha-GPC.

Havent tried anything else though.

edit on 28-2-2016 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Well, AlphaGPC is basically just a "better" choline source, as the racetams supposedly.. Utilize your choline. As in, it creates a shortage in some people so supplementation to increase those levels are found to be beneficial. CDP or citicholine and GPC are thought to be superior, though certainly not vital.

ALCAR and Centrophenoxine are supposed to do the same, essentially, though centrophenoxine is one of the only known supplements studied that gets rid of Lipofuscin - But how profound that is, I'm not sure.

Do you take any other daily/ basic things like fish oil, b-vitamins or the like, or do you not use many supplements otherwise?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Did anyone catch that program on Showtime about the Darkweb on Thursday? It was about smartdrugs and a special drug to grow the hippopotamus or something.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hibbity

Umm... Hippocampus?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yes i was taking the Choline to counteract the shortage created by the racetams. But a 500g tub of choline bitartrate went a lot further than a the same price in Alpha-GPC caps. I did use to take multi vitamines as well.

I also used to take Propranolol on the exam days.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hibbity
Did anyone catch that program on Showtime about the Darkweb on Thursday? It was about smartdrugs and a special drug to grow the hippopotamus or something.

Now thats something i have to try, ive always wanted a hippopotamus

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I loathe auto-correct.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
transcripts.foreverdreaming.org...

starts halfway through, on the transcript.

www.sho.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

lol, no worries. Thanks for the heads up. im downloading the whole series now

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

NSI-189 sounds very interesting. Im going to have to read up on that.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sure, I like nootropics. I drink coffee and smoke some cigarettes. I like the spice sage on my chicken. I like fish, it has nootropic properties too. And I have learned to avoid the doping chemistry in our food supply, some natural and some added.

If they say a food is good for you, count on it being anti-nootropic. Half the medicines out there are anti-nootropic. The nootropic ones are very expensive and rarely prescribed.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nicotine is a nootropic, as well as caffeine though I might argue that green tea, having L-theanine, is likely a better boost.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Yes i was taking the Choline to counteract the shortage created by the racetams. But a 500g tub of choline bitartrate went a lot further than a the same price in Alpha-GPC caps. I did use to take multi vitamines as well.

I also used to take Propranolol on the exam days.

Propranolol is not nootropic. It can calm you but it makes you make more mistakes unless maybe you are a very anxious person to begin with. I was on that for a year or so and it made me far less efficient and kind of a little dopey. Any beta blocker does that.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Nicotine is a nootropic, as well as caffeine though I might argue that green tea, having L-theanine, is likely a better boost.

Arizona green tea is a great mellow buzz. It really is not nootropic though, now the provigil I was taking to counteract the AEDs was definitely nootropic. Took that for four years.

Anything B-carboline opens up the mind. That is the best part of tobacco. I like just a little bit. Too much messes up your mind. I like studying on an array pattern, having many windows open and comparing things. My daughter has four monitors and can multitask better than I can. But I have many more years of experience to compare things to.

My automatic disappeared when I got the epilepsy, now I have to actually study and research more. Before I could walk up to something and I would know exactly what to do without even having been taught. I am getting a little better again, I liked the automatic. It used to be like I knew what everyone else I knew knew before. That took care of all of the trades out there.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I used to take them for anxiety which used to help on the day of exams. Personaly i have never found they effect me in a negative way.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Ashwagandha for me was nothing but ugly tasting powder. I've heard that it depends on where you get it.

All of the adaptogens never made any difference either.

The only nootropic I've used that worked for me, as an anxiolytic and sleep aid, is phenibut. But it's too damn expensive.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Provigil is something you should look into. Fighter pilots use it for long missions and it's a popular drug in Silicon valley because it works like adderrall without the freak out paranoid feeling.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Ohhh I've thought about taking phenibut for social anxiety. I've heard it's actually a miracle workers for some.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Hello! Question for you fellow members, have any of you studied or tried out nootropics?

I've considered some different herbs, supplements and such that have been proven, or have good evidence for them. Specifically, has anyone tried any of these? I would like to try a couple, or mix a few of them if they have synergistic effects

Vinpocetine
Huperizine
Phosphatidylserine
Alpha-GPC
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Lions Mane
Bacopa
Ginkgo
Centrophenoxine
High-dose fish oil (EPA)
Caffeine/L-Theanine combination

And do any of you have good experiences with adaptogens? I haven't found any that even make a subtle difference yet, I've tried ginsengs ( multiple ) Rhodiola rosea, Ashwagandha.

Thoughts, anyone?

ceri.com... is a good website to start your research on the nootropics

the Russians had amazing results with scizandra and acantho root.

then you have to take into consideration where you are getting your herbs from have they been irradiated were they picked at the right time of day/month
the Chinese say ginger needs to be in the ground for 7 years before it is medically active what are they not telling us.
are the herbs dry if so they can lose between 60-90% of their potency
what herbs/oils are you taking to ensure pathway through the stomach

I can't remember what country it was not but when the government went and tested the herbs in the chinese shops 50% were not the right herb.

the high dose fish oil how did they extract it, as heat denatures fish oil

the first thing you need to do is remove fluoride out of your diet this is a proven neurotoxin, pancreatic (50% of all people will have there enzymes inhibited by fluoride virtually all brain nutrients are created in the intestine by bacteria if you are taking fluoride your bacteria will not be right and therefore your brain may be affected) and kidney disruptor and it causes around 20% more cavities. buy a cool mist humidifier and add some food grade hydrogen peroxide to it at night when you go to sleep this creates a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. let the plants do the work during the day have the right plants in your house like cactus, mothers tongue, aloe vera amongst others these all create oxygen and remove toxins that are outgassed from carpets, plastics, air fresheners.

replace all lightbulbs with Daylight bulbs,
cdn.preterhuman.net...
The German government replaced all the new lightbulbs in schools because they had mercury in them and the kids work and intelligence was decreasing they replaced them with Daylight bulbs.
1 raw egg yolk is reported to supply 50% of all the nutrients for the brain nervous and heart systems I would also consider taking cayenne herb due to its amazing effects on the stomach and heart especiallythe heart will stop a heart attack
transcendental meditation is said to increase your IQ by around 40%

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I take Phosphatidylserine given to me by my naturopath. It does seem to help calm things quite a bit. It's not cheap though, I spend $50 a bottle, so I try to stretch it out as much as possible.

In answer to your adaptogens question, I take Eleuthero daily and love it. It's another ginseng cousin. It helps to lift me without winding me up.

Hopefully you find what you are looking for.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join