It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing forum shortcuts to threads you've authored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The forum shortcuts located on the left side of the profile page helps you find threads that you've authored without having to chronologically search through the entire list of every thread you've ever created. I don't use it frequently, but it sure helps when I do.

I noticed that a link only appears if you've authored three or more threads in the same forum. Its ironic to me because the threads that I often have to look for are sometimes found in forums where I've authored less than three threads. Sometimes I forget which forum my thread was posted in and with my luck, it in one that I haven't acquired a shortcut to yet.

This now becomes a slight problem, especially when I can't fully remember the title name, only what topic it pertained to. I've overlooked them and almost contacted staff about one of my threads possibly vanishing. Since that is highly unlikely, I go back. Very slowly, hopefully retaining enough thread title information, I will scroll through my entire list of threads until I stumble upon it. It would be easier to check which forum I think its in possibly limiting my search time to under four mouse clicks.

Is it possible to list all forums side-by-side in columns using smaller icons and a single number? Can you make a minimized selection box which expands after clicking to reveal a slider listing all forums? How about a single link that once clicked acts in the same manner as 'a reply to:' links are currently handled, displaying a pop-up box with tiny icons for every forum with a small number indicating how many threads we've authored in each?

The only way around this is create at least three threads in every forum.

edit on 28-2-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
I've just checked my own profile, and I've got nine different forums showing where I've only authored one thread.
Perhaps you have a glitch of some kind.

P.S. Or perhaps there is a maximum number that can be displayed?

edit on 28-2-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am able to get the ones where I have less than three threads to work. I just checked several of them.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That must mean the page only displays 25 forums at a time. No mystery there, thanks.

How about a slider so we can scroll through all the forums?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am able to get the ones where I have less than three threads to work. I just checked several of them.

Yeah, within those 25 forums displayed, the bottom most forum containing the least amount of threads you've authored will display either a 3 in my case or a 1 on another member's page. All depends on the amount of threads contributed to the 25th forum. I still think there should be a way to display all threads you've authored in a similar manner.

A small inconvenience.

top topics

join