It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Calls for All Guns Not Used Specifically for Hunting to be Outlawed!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Off topics with reason:

I'm using SIRI, pronouncation is crappy. Sorry for reading your post wrong again it's in the middle of the night for me so I'm going back to bed.

In short: yes, guns! No Bernie!
edit on 29-2-2016 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
Im just a long beard wearing, booze drinking, woman chasing, shooting wherever, sleep in my jeans kinda guy....

Ever seen, deliverance

I meant no disrespect just having fun with you I love my guns and I don't approve of Bernie at all. it's been a late night, and my girls cousin just shot himself in the head so it's been a hell of a night. But don't worry I think it'll be okay, his arms are no longer going to bear. One less idiot on earth.

And by the way the difference between me and most morons is I have had 20 plus years of extensive education in firearms

Please at least say you read my post and understand that I can go hunting just as easily as you if I so wish? Except we don't hunt bears we hunt foxes, rabbits, kangaroos etc etc.

Sorry to hear about your family tragedy though. I could say something in relation to that and this topic but I wont out of respect. My thoughts are with you.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
The saddest part of this is thanks to spin, like the thread title, people are ignoring what he said in favor of what they think he means.

"Guns used for killing people, exclusively..."

Y'know, like a belt fed machine gun? Something that's fully automatic? I can't lay claim to having hunted animals all that much, but I don't recall ever thinking "God I wish I could shoot this deer 31 times in less than three seconds. That would make this way better."

Now, one could reasonably argue he (sanders) might include any assault type rifle in his statement, but I think that's up to him to clarify and not others to ASSUME, isn't it?

Nah. Way more fun to tweak his statement juuuuust a little bit and then scream about it.

Remember that South Park episode? "It's coming right for us!" Lol

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The saddest part of this is thanks to spin, like the thread title, people are ignoring what he said in favor of what they think he means.

Y'know, like a belt fed machine gun? Something that's fully automatic? I can't lay claim to having hunted animals all that much, but I don't recall ever thinking "God I wish I could shoot this deer 31 times in less than three seconds. That would make this way better."

Now, one could reasonably argue he (sanders) might include any assault type rifle in his statement, but I think that's up to him to clarify and not others to ASSUME, isn't it?

Nah. Way more fun to tweak his statement juuuuust a little bit and then scream about it.

Yea its spun alright. Bern and you both spinning the original intent of the 2nd......personal combat weapons as part of We The People being the power. Bit Bern would rather.....spin....the meaning out in his liberal spin cycle. 2nd amendment has zip and zero to do with anything related to hunting wild game. Only the anti-constitutionalists keep up this restorical psychobabble.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well that means that he wants to outlaw the U.S. Troops that use guns to keep this country safe... I will let this sink in

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Yea its spun alright. Bern and you both spinning the original intent of the 2nd......personal combat weapons as part of We The People being the power. Bit Bern would rather.....spin....the meaning out in his liberal spin cycle. 2nd amendment has zip and zero to do with anything related to hunting wild game. Only the anti-constitutionalists keep up this restorical psychobabble.

You should really peruse the whole thread.

It cuts down on making uneducated jackass comments.

ETA - hell, read the entire comment even. Instead of focusing on one line and what you THINK it means. I know it's hard, but try.
edit on 29-2-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnAlien0men
Well that means that he wants to outlaw the U.S. Troops that use guns to keep this country safe... I will let this sink in

No he doesn't. He said nothing of the sort. Please take your kneejerk reaction nonsense elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

is he even trying to get elected what a total boob that just killed his his run.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
well between a boob and Hilliary the crook the dems might as well pull out of race one is unelectable and one facing jail yep they through

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Bernie never had a chance. The machine already picked 'H' bomb.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

"Certain types of guns" doesn't really say all guns not used for hunting. Assault rifles in the hands of crazy Joe down the street who also has easy access to cheap alcohol is a bad thing. That rifle in the hands of a swat team taking down a jerk terrorising a crowd in the local mall is essential.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Aren't all guns useable for hunting?

nudge nudge wink wink bernie.

I see what he did there.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm indifferent about guns tbh, vid game guns are fun, but the real things, not my thing.
but yeah, this I think was a huge smash to the potential of Sanders as POTUS. what he said was soo broad that he came across very much as someone wanting to go full england here.

Also, all criminals forever or just violent crime criminals? why should someone who drove drunk a couple times in their 20s during a "phase" not be allowed their rights in their 40s?, or someone caught with enough pot to make it a low felony never allowed to go hunting later in life, etc.

nope..this guys temperament I dont like. he is now coming across not as a person who thinks he has great ideas and wants to help but instead like a somewhat angry dad who is going to take everyones toys away so we learn character by his standards.

Pity, I really liked Bernie...but all it takes is for one severely rotten idea to be pushed and voila...explosion.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

is he even trying to get elected what a total boob that just killed his his run.

Thats the issue
Bernie is a honest politician

and some of his views suck...and he wont filter it out to win a race.
so..yeah. just because a politician is honest doesn't mean he is best for the country.

We get who we deserve I guess.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Bernie is a honest politician

With the spending that he has planned and the revenues available for that spending, he has a problem. He is either a liar or he has a real problem with basic arithmetic.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

Should I be saying "bye bye Bernie?"

I was thinking "Hello Hillary"

I would RATHER VOTE FOR DONALD TRUMP
than EITHER of these two!

NO Bernie Sanders!

No Hillary Clinton!

I hate to say this, but even with all his bombast,
America NEEDS Trump since an H Ross Perot
type doesn't seem to coming down anytime
soon in the election pipelines!

Of ALL the candidates, he actually
has the 2nd highest IQ/EQ score
out of them AND he actually
HAS REAL business experience!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

And second of all I believe that we need to make sure that certain types of guns used to kill people, exclusively, not for hunting, they should not be sold in the United States of America, and we have a huge loophole now with gun shows that should be eliminated.

Guess what there Bernie ?

Not a single 'mass shooting' used the 'gun show loophole'.

The Senility has sit in with Sanders, now what is the rest of the Anti gunners EXCUSE ?

The second and the rest of Bill of RIGHTS, extending to the 14th amendment say Sanders needs to lay off.

Is that GD constitution just a piece of paper folks ?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
How is recognizing the huge problem of gun violence a "fantasy world?"

It's you gun worshippers that live in fantasy.

Gun violence is a made up term from a made up world called American politics.

Guns do not get up all on their lonesome, and go around shooting people by themselves.

Society has already made the ACTION illegal.

To varying 'degrees'.

It's Sanders worshippers that live in a delusional world of AUTHORITARIANISM.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So what fire arms, specifically does Bernie want to ban?

(if we are just knee-jerking)

All those that look scary.

Basically.

Ban form not function.

Since hunting rifles are one of the most deadly weapons made.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Another reason to vote for Trump.

Trumps record on gun rights is no better.

People need to stop fooling themselves.

It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record. Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

www.ontheissues.org...

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join