It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Calls for All Guns Not Used Specifically for Hunting to be Outlawed!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: vjr1113
a reply to: butcherguy

thats really dumb im sorry but mass murderers and accidentally drowning are not even in the same ballpark. its not even in the same planet. and to add, its an equivocation fallacy. pools are just as dangerous and guns, therefore guns aren't that dangerous. its just a failure in logic.

what about homicides? what if only one person dies from an atomic blast ever, does that mean atomic bombs are less dangerous than pools? its just, such a weak argument.

But it IS about children dying and....
AHHHHH, so now we see the truth.
You don't care about children dying.
You must want them to die.
That is terrible... not caring about children dying, all because you want to have recreation.

now you're just creating strawmen and putting words im my mouth. its dishonest, cheap, and childish. this is no longer a conversation. its insults and lies on your part.

i dont agree with you claim that pulling a trigger and falling into a pool are the same thing. pulling a trigger requires intention to kill, falling into a pool is an accident. its mind blowing and interesting this is your argument.

re read my post. i never said, you said guns arent dangerous. i said you think pools and guns are equally dangerous, which i think is absolutely absurd.
edit on 2-3-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm all over the place because I was trying to work out what your ideology was, and where its internal consistency came from.

When you say "Rights of Others", do you mean what is outlined in the Bill of Rights? Are there any other documents you would point to?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

thats really dumb im sorry but mass murderers and accidentally drowning are not even in the same ballpark. its not even in the same planet. and to add, its an equivocation fallacy. pools are just as dangerous and guns, therefore guns aren't that dangerous. its just a failure in logic.

what about homicides? what if only one person dies from an atomic blast ever, does that mean atomic bombs are less dangerous than pools? its just, such a weak argument.

But it IS about children dying and....
AHHHHH, so now we see the truth.
You don't care about children dying.
You must want them to die.
That is terrible... not caring about children dying, all because you want to have recreation.

now you're just creating strawmen and putting words im my mouth. its dishonest, cheap, and childish. this is no longer a conversation. its insults and lies on your part.

i dont agree with you claim that pulling a trigger and falling into a pool are not the same thing. pulling a trigger requires intention to kill, falling into a pool is an accident. its mind blowing and interesting this is your argument.

Simply saying some of the same things that you said about me, that if the recreation was more important than saving lives.....

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm not sure where what you were saying is coming from, please try to avoid reminding me of some intolerable jackass I remember who posited that people who wanted gun control secretly hoped their wives and children were raped and murdered. You aren't doing it as badly as he did, but your pool logic is fairly absurd, )even in comparison to what I'm confronting Shamrock with. )

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

re read my post. i never said, you said guns arent dangerous. i said you think pools and guns are equally dangerous, which i think is absolutely absurd.

What I did was show you that pools kill MORE children than guns, which you are sloughing off.
That tells me that you hate guns more than you care about the lives of children... it is pretty simple.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

ill re post it

do you think the easy access of guns that can kill a large amount of people very quickly is a problem or not?

do you think more gun control and less lethal weapons can reduce the number of homicides and mass murders?

to say i dont care about children dying is just absolutely stupid and insulting to me, its the dumbest thing ive ever read on this site and the worst, small minded, comment ive ever read. you should be ashamed of yourself to paint me that way. incredibly rediculous.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

ill re post it

do you think the easy access of guns that can kill a large amount of people very quickly is a problem or not?

do you think more gun control and less lethal weapons can reduce the number of homicides and mass murders?

Do you think that a recreational product that kills 5 times more children than guns is acceptable???
Especially when the recreational product kills the children accidentally!
Oh, it's just kids... who cares?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

just to shut your stupid point up ill address it.

i care that children drown in pools, pool safety is important and i wouldnt ban pools because its an easy accident to avoid. this point is irrelevant to the gun discussion and again, an equivocation fallacy.

so stop dodging my questions and answer them

you argument is as stupid as the people saying islam isnt a problem because christianity is just as crazy. its a weak fallacy i deal with, all the time.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm all over the place because I was trying to work out what your ideology was, and where its internal consistency came from.

I don't have an ideology. I don't belong to any category.

The left dislikes me because I want less, government, less taxes, more freedoms.
The right dislikes me because I don't care about gay marriage, smoking pot, religion.

When you say "Rights of Others", do you mean what is outlined in the Bill of Rights? Are there any other documents you would point to?

That's a good start. The Magna Carta is also an interesting read. But I don't just "obey" what I'm told to, either.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

to say i dont care about children dying is just absolutely stupid and insulting to me

Then, since you profess to care for children, I expect that we will see you start a campaign to ban swimming pools?
Since I have shown that they cause more children's deaths than guns.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

i care that children drown in pools, pool safety is important and i wouldnt ban pools because its an easy accident to avoid.

If it is so easy to avoid, why are kids dying because of them at a rate that exceeds guns?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

to say i dont care about children dying is just absolutely stupid and insulting to me

Then, since you profess to care for children, I expect that we will see you start a campaign to ban swimming pools?
Since I have shown that they cause more children's deaths than guns.

pools kill more children than atom bombs, atom bombs arent dangerous?

how many times can i debunk your fallacy? its like you dont care that youre wrong, all you care about thinking you are right.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

i care that children drown in pools, pool safety is important and i wouldnt ban pools because its an easy accident to avoid.

If it is so easy to avoid, why are kids dying because of them at a rate that exceeds guns?

bad parents. irrelevant argument.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

So all children drown in pools because of bad parenting?
So just because of some bad apples, we shouldn't ban pools???
But we should ban guns because of bad apples?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

its like you dont care that youre wrong, all you care about thinking you are right.

Were you looking in a mirror when you typed that?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

pools kill more children than atom bombs, atom bombs arent dangerous?

Can I possess an atom bomb.... in my backyard? Legally?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

No. Just no. In your warped little world, a child still covered in afterbirth should be handed a gun because they have the right to have one, free of charge. Seriously? What planet are you from? Trollville?

How does the government figure out whether you've gotten your free gun or not? In your scenario, they can't. You can't sign for it because what about illiterate people? They can't sign. Requiring a signature would exclude them. What if it's a baby born to non-natives? Can't speak English, can't find an interpreter? Uh oh, your rights have been infringed upon because the dude from the government can't communicate that hey here's your free gun, enjoy! If you want to play in a scenario where the government is big enough and taxes are high enough that everybody gets guns for free, as many as they want, all on taxpayers dime then go for it. I'm not coming down to your level so you can beat me with experience.

Your whole argument is utterly ludicrous. You've gone from playing devils advocate (for both sides, mind you) to concocting some wildly inaccurate interpretation of what terms mean in a legal sense of the word, and even a common sense meaning.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

So all children drown in pools because of bad parenting?
So just because of some bad apples, we shouldn't ban pools???
But we should ban guns because of bad apples?

see this is your straw man right here, i dont want to ban guns entirely. im for guns. your fail. i dont want easy access to guns that can kill a large group of people quickly and easily. its that simple.

pools and guns arent the same thing. a person cant pick up a pool and shoot up a public event. your fail again.

its irrelevant that atom bombs are illegal, the point is, are they less dangerous if theyve killed less people than x? the point is it doesnt matter if pools kill more people than guns, a murderer cant use a pool to kill a large group of people in a public place. your fail.

your arguments are weak fallacious and ive pointed out how several times now, if you dont want to get it, i cant make you understand. i cant make a horse drink.

all you are doing is dodging, and making fallacies and not proposing one single suggestion to reduce homicides and mass murders.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

i never said, you said guns arent dangerous.

Just to clear this up.
Your earlier post
Where you said this...

and to add, its an equivocation fallacy. pools are just as dangerous and guns, therefore guns aren't that dangerous. its just a failure in logic.

I highlighted some of your words in red.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

im for guns.

Yes, I think we have all got an idea where you stand on guns.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join