It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Calls for All Guns Not Used Specifically for Hunting to be Outlawed!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

The division over the second amendment are the types of weapons. The kind that fire high rounds per minute and the high capacity magazine. We don't need to make more and more high powered weapons on the streets for gangs. Talk about hyperbolic and paranoid, the US government is not coming to take your weapons or is it tyrannical. The only people losing freedoms in this country are women. I fear people like you a lot more. Yeah, we will never agree on anything, cause I am with Bernie, period.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

WOW. you spouted almost verbatim talking points from Moms need action.

Do you think for yourself?

I ask my question again....what is the reason the 2nd was put in place?

And please, show me where the 2nd has qualifiers? Or restrictions.

So, being with Bernie, you basically are for trampling peoples rights.

This is the exact stance everyone here expected you to take. At least you are predictable.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I fear people like you a lot more.

And this is why you want a controlling Govt. Your fear is your issue. No one else carries that. You own it, or it owns you.

YOU are the hypocrite here. Because you allow your fear to control you, you want to be released from your fear by ..........drum roll please........controlling others.

On a side note, I suggest you actually learn things, and not just regurgitate what you find from a google search.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

No... If the right to own and bear arms had been given only to the militia it would just have stated "militia" alone... But the second amendment right has two parts, one section about the militia, and then the right of the people to own and bear arms...

The second amendment does not say "the right of the people in the militia"... The second amendment states clearly that both the militia, and the right of the people to own and bear arms shall not be infringed upon...

What the founding fathers stated and thought about the Second Amendment...

What the Framers said about our Second Amendment
Rights to Keep and Bear Arms

"...if raised, whether they could subdue a Nation of freemen, who know how to prize liberty, and who have arms in their hands?"
— Delegate Sedgwick, during the Massachusetts Convention, rhetorically asking if an oppressive standing army could prevail, Johnathan Elliot, ed., Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, Vol.2 at 97 (2d ed., 1888)

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."
Tench Coxe, in `Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution’ under the Pseudonym `A Pennsylvanian’ in the Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789 at 2 col. 1).

"The prohibition is general. No clause in the Constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give to Congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretense by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both."
— William Rawle, A View of the Constitution 125-6 (2nd ed. 1829)

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

"Whereas civil-rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as military forces, which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."
-- Tench Coxe, in Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
-- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons entrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.
-- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms ... "
-- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, at 86-87 (Pierce & Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

"The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
--James Madison, The Federalist Papers, No. 46

"To suppose arms in the hands of citizens, to be used at individual discretion, except in private self-defense, or by partial orders of towns, countries or districts of a state, is to demolish every constitution, and lay the laws prostrate, so that liberty can be enjoyed by no man; it is a dissolution of the government. The fundamental law of the militia is, that it be created, directed and commanded by the laws, and ever for the support of the laws."
--John Adams, A Defense of the Constitutions of the United States 475 (1787-1788)

econfaculty.gmu.edu...

edit on 1-3-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

econfaculty.gmu.edu...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

And this is why you want a controlling Govt. Your fear is your issue. No one else carries that. You own it, or it owns you.

I don't fear you Mac.

However I do fear those people that think their RIGHTS come from the mob, and the STATE.

When they clearly don't.

Infringe a right.

Deny and disparage RIGHTS.

They all mean the same things.

The STATE was to keep their hands off our 'arms'.

Because the founding fathers had a severe distrust of power.

Which as everyone knows power was broken up between the branches of government.

With the fourth, and final check to balance the states power was an armed populace.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So is THIS gun OK ?
IT'S not for hunting AT ALL...

www.wearethemighty.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
IMHO the founding fathers intended that individuals be able to form militias in the event government went bad. At the time it was musket to musket. In the modern age it should be Semi-auto at least to automatic. Automatic weapons can be purchased with special background checks and it is very expensive to license one.
I would also like to add that most of what these politicians are doing is appeasing the crowd with rhetoric that will never hold true. The industry surrounding shooting sports and weapons in general is huge. America has suffered enough economically. It could not withstand such a move as it would cost thousands of jobs and tax revenue. Think in terms of dollars that those idiots do not want to give up. When it hits their wallets they scream like babies.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Why doesnt this old jerk move to North Korea ? Politicians are responsible for all the damn wars that kill more people throughout history than firearms in citizens hands ,im sick and tired of their hypocritical diatribe and rhetoric on inanimate bloody objects

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

My god "The JDJ is comparable to a World War I-era tank round or a 20mm cannon in terms of kinetic energy,” according to Weekly World News."

I can see the future headlines now. Masses of citizens slaughtered by a psycho who got guns from family.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

A one of a kind rifle ,NOBODY wants to shoulder and THAT is what you think?
You really don't know guns lady.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yeah I do. I looked at the video. A most excellent killing machine.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

WELL then you failed an IQ test.
EVIDENCE for instance,comes to mind
If the above post hasn't given you any clarity you are beyond logic and bias.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i agree with him. theres certain guns that aren't made for hunting but specifically for assault. he didnt say and im not saying to ban all guns but there's some rifles that i think aren't necessary for practical self-defense. its better for depressed teens not to get their hands on them that some guy not being able to shoot one in a shooting range. its a good trade off.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

theres certain guns that aren't made for hunting but specifically for assault. 

Which guns would those be?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Irishhaf

Sounds a lot like us humans, except we're about 10,000 times worse than deer.

Actually I agree.. one of the list of reasons I dont want kids, and as soon as I can afford to me and the wife are moving to the butt end of nowhere to live in peace and quiet.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Senseless ad-hominen.
Well, it's not like I expected anything better.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Well, I think it is time to say "Bye Bye" Bernie. You just lost a huge percentage of your supporters, or will when they find out. That was dumb, very dumb. The rest of your interview was fine but this zinger is going to cause more losses than any gains from the Hillary camp if any (which I doubt).

Video of the interview and full transcript at the link:

buzzpo.com...

Bernie Sanders Calls for All Guns Not Used Specifically for Hunting to be Outlawed!

Well, looks like crazy Bernie’s at it again, this time calling for all guns not typically used for hunting to be outlawed!

While meeting on NBC’s Meet the Press

And second of all I believe that we need to make sure that certain types of guns used to kill people, exclusively, not for hunting, they should not be sold in the United States of America, and we have a huge loophole now with gun shows that should be eliminated. e use

Umm OK that could go both ways.

I us an AR15, Shotgun for hunting. Many people use these and pistols. Also almost all guns have/are being used by the military or police to some extent. Would be hard to classify.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
So all people have to do is shoot a rabbit with their AR or Ak and all is fine.

Rabbit can be fast and if your a bad shot you may need the full auto one to make sure you get them.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
The saddest part of this is thanks to spin, like the thread title, people are ignoring what he said in favor of what they think he means.

"Guns used for killing people, exclusively..."

Y'know, like a belt fed machine gun? Something that's fully automatic? I can't lay claim to having hunted animals all that much, but I don't recall ever thinking "God I wish I could shoot this deer 31 times in less than three seconds. That would make this way better."

Now, one could reasonably argue he (sanders) might include any assault type rifle in his statement, but I think that's up to him to clarify and not others to ASSUME, isn't it?

Nah. Way more fun to tweak his statement juuuuust a little bit and then scream about it.

Well... All the guns you listed are already illegal to own without the proper paperwork from the ATF.

The last time you could go out and buy a "machine" gun without paperwork was 1934.
The last time you could import or build new "machine" gun was 1989.

Of course fact mean almost nothing to liberals when it comes to their causes.

The fact is that there is almost NO difference between a AR15 and any standard hunting rifle. Mini-14s have been specifically excluded from every ban. What is the difference between them and an AR-15? NOTHING except one has a wood stock and one is has an "evil black" stock. Both operate almost identical. Both use the same caliber round. Both use the same size magazine. So why is one evil and the other good?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join