It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Calls for All Guns Not Used Specifically for Hunting to be Outlawed!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

NOOOO, Bern-out did.

I ask again, Why was the 2nd put into place?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

"In fact, at the time when James Madison devised the amendment, militias were well defined. They were organized, legally regulated groups controlled by the individual colonies and later the states, according to historian Saul Cornell.

Furthermore, the Founding Fathers regulated firearms even in early America. "States kept track of who had guns, had the right to inspect them in private homes and could fine citizens for failing to report to a muster," Cornell writes.

So even back when a skills with a firearm were expected, the right to own a dangerous weapon wasn't without checks and controls."

news.discovery.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You missed, or withheld the fact that those firearms that they kept record of and had right to inspect were issued to the militia members.

Oh, and I do find it laughable that seeing as the revolutionary war was kicked off by the British confiscating firearms, that citizens would now allow this kind of control again.

Discovery.com huh. Care to provide a non-biased "opinion" of such things.

AND let's ask the same question, which you have continually avoided. Why was the 2nd put in place.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Do you accept my opinions and move on?

You can have your opinion and keep your ground on whatever beliefs you have, but when you are backing, and defend someone who is saying that as President he would ban all weapons that could kill, or hurt someone (except hunting rifles supposedly) You are doing more than having an opinion. You want your opinion imposed on everyone else.

We are talking here about a man, who says if he is President he would ban a natural right which the Constitution states is sacred and shall not be infringed upon...

For a reason the founding fathers put the right to bear arms as the second Amendment, and what Sanders wants, among many other things is to ban this natural, God given right written in the U.S. Constitution...

edit on 1-3-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

We did not have an army. We relied on armed militias. I assumed everyone knew that.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

That is your opinion, I read it, I do not embrace most of it. Move along.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

As for your source Cornell, seems he likes to cherry pick and not include parts of statements/texts/laws/rulings in order to pitch his brand of bullcrap.
armsandthelaw.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Are you serious??? Are you honestly telling people here on ATS that the US Colonies did not have an Army during the revolutionary war?
Where did you get your history lessons from, I want my kids as far away from that place as possible.

I ask again. And please stop dancing around the question. WHY WAS THE 2nd PUT INTO PLACE?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"Guns used to kill people and not for hunting"

Do these career politicians live in a damn plastic bubble?

Bernie needs a lesson in the history and constitution of the USA.

I don't remember anywhere in the constitution where it says hunting weapons.

Bernie FYI the reason the 2nd amendment was written for the ability of people, which by the way where ( The well regulated militia), or the people to be able to protect itself from corruption.

No where in the US constitution does it say "Hunting weapons only".

Bernie you are a frikin retard and have just lost any credibility you had with me. Now there is absolutely no candidate I would even consider as a viable option for president.
edit on 1-3-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The Continental army was disbanded in 1783 after the Revolution War. That is why the amendment says militia and not army which was ratified in 1791.

ETA
edit on 1-3-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
I ask again. And please stop dancing around the question. WHY WAS THE 2nd PUT INTO PLACE?

Here is your answer.

The “well regula[tion]” of the militia set forth in the Second Amendment was apart from that control over the militia exercised by Congress and the President, which extended only to that part of the militia called into actual service of the Union. Thus, “well regula[tion]” referred to something else. Since the fundamental purpose of the militia was to serve as a check upon a standing army, it would seem the words “well regulated” referred to the necessity that the armed citizens making up the militia(s) have the level of equipment and training necessary to be an effective and formidable check upon the national government’s standing army.

2nd Amendment and "Well Regulated Militia"
edit on 1-3-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You clearly have issues with answering direct questions that don't follow your biased opinions.
en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, the Continental was dissolved, and those members were absorbed into what, as per the link provided?????

Here is the question again, WHY WAS THE 2nd PUT IN PLACE?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Thank you. At least SOMEONE can answer a question.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I can't read your mind. I can only go on what I read about the feelings at the time:

en.wikipedia.org...

Early English settlers in America viewed the right to arms and/or the right to bear arms and/or state militias as important for one or more of these purposes (in no particular order):[48][49][50][51][52][53][54][55]

enabling the people to organize a militia system.
participating in law enforcement;
deterring tyrannical government;[56]
repelling invasion;
suppressing insurrection, allegedly including slave revolts;[57][58][59]
facilitating a natural right of self-defense.
Which of these considerations were thought of as most important and ultimately found expression in the Second Amendment is disputed. Some of these purposes were explicitly mentioned in early state constitutions; for example, the Pennsylvania Constitution of 1776 asserted that, "the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state".[60]

Which the wordings of the constitution says "being necessary to the security of a free State,"
edit on 1-3-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

In England. The UK. Our police are famous the world over. For not being armed. I saw a van load of 'police' the other day. In a normal quite, middle class road. Machine guns they had. They looked like the army. So I told them.

You look more and more like the army each day.

A cooper replied. Good isn't it.

No It isn't. I scolded.

How is that good I asked myself?

Don't ever give over your guns America. In the UK, we have paper towels to defend ourselves.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Furthermore, the Founding Fathers regulated firearms even in early America. "States kept track of who had guns, had the right to inspect them in private homes and could fine citizens for failing to report to a muster," Cornell writes.
It was over two years after the Ratification of the US Constitution that the first US Census took place.

They didn't even know how many people lived in the US for two years.... much less if they owned guns.
And if you think that they got a good head count on the first census....

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I wasn't there. That is a quote I found from a resouce of a historical perspective.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

I wasn't there. That is a quote I found from a resouce of a historical perspective.

So you used it because you disagreed with it?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Mind reading????
Only Progressives can take a simple question and turn it into complex horse crap.

It was put in place as a means for the people to repeal Govt. Has nothing to do with hunting, as Bloomberg and Bernout suggests.

SOOO, putting Govt in control of firearms, whereas the firearms are there to control the Govt is moronic at best.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

That is your opinion, I read it, I do not embrace most of it. Move along.

Excuse me, that isn't my opinion when it comes straight from Sanders' mouth that he will do it...

You obviously have no idea on the difference between having your own opinion, and wanting to force your opinion and your views on others...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join