It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help from a philosophical scholar

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Food is nothing you cann live without, so make it taste heavenly?

I took one thing thats a must, made it into a higher plane..

you want to enjoy taking a s***, dont eat spicy food..

I brought a teaching into it?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'd be willing to offer some advice if I could figure out what exactly you were asking...

You mention you are a student of time and space, is this a reference to history and physics?

Philosophy is impossible to master, as others have mentioned, because it's an infinitely flexible field of study.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantjil

I think regarding this question specifically, the first thing you must remember is that teaching is about passing on, not only knowledge, but true understanding.

Language can be a very poor way of communicating. The best lessons I have learned were all taught without a single word being uttered. Teaching is about transferring a concept for which the right words don't always exist. Teach through experience, through the heart and sometimes you can lead an individual towards an idea or concept, but it will only be grasped when they actualize it within themselves.

These words I have typed seem to be very contradictory to themselves. The struggle is real. Read without reading.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What you need is to practice pessimism. Rather than love and hope, fuel your writing with hate and disgust. Your words must become weapons.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantjil
Food is nothing you cann live without, so make it taste heavenly?

The wisdom in that one is too ambiguous, so it comes across slightly drab.

Try something like this instead:

You cannot live without food, but you can live without bad food.

or

You have to eat, so make it taste good - make life enjoyable.

This one is pretty good, but I would have maybe said, ",then don't eat spicy food.":

you want to enjoy taking a s***, dont eat spicy food..

Yes, each saying should be a lesson, or "teaching" - that is kind of the point.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

(Philosophy) Love of Wisdom and feeding 7 billions are two different things.

How to behave on a personal level towards others, knowing or being given to know what the right thing to do in the moment is… has little to do with 'running the world'.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

we are primates, only place where it goes wrong is to believe that you are something else. If wisdom is the human imagination, then I rather be a retarded human of reality..

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

I think I can get a grip on aphorism, and evolve it to a philosophical text.. The core aphorism and evolve it to a political correct text.. I can use definitions of logical reality with the illusionary wishful thinking of Cardinal virtues in society..

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

'Believing' in things becomes immaterial once you've witnessed something otherworldly. You apparently have no interest in that, its all imaginary, right? Good luck with your writing.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

A belief or spirituality is your own outwardly experience, is it universal? No. I rather take the dogma of religion and its cultural influence when it comes to belief cause of human nature.. Do I understand philosophy? Often and most likely it deals with cultural differences and a persons own ideals.. Which the cultural borders are a great influence ( that's Nietzsche ) for a single mind.. What you know makes sense to you, if you use philosophy iits cause of most often likely of your cultural upbringing will clash with someone else's.. Aphorism is something someone else can relate to in a logical way, something universal.. Philosophy deals with you and your Fantasia

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

A belief or spirituality is your own outwardly experience, is it universal? No. I rather take the dogma of religion and its cultural influence when it comes to belief cause of human nature..

Hard not to confuse man made religion with spirituality, I know.

Especially nowadays, the world is designed to keep us busychasing and conforming to it.

Sprirt, Whats that?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

i think the word you are looking for, do i want an illusion for me or one that is universal.. Man made religion is about giving the majority a chance in life

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hypothetically speaking assume for all intense and purpose that you will be dead in 1 year.

Then relate to philosophy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join