It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help from a philosophical scholar

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Firearms?

Im a Swede, we dont even pluck wildflowers..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantjil
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Im trying to find a balance, between being an asshole and being a human..

Never speak...

and, have a look of constipation on your face.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Like when im in class?

I still have to write s***, so yes i would agree dont talk, but im forced out..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantjil

You need to develope the understanding of the good of the many.

shields down, learn from your peers and teach them. It demonstrates what is in your field. Then comes forecasting.

Bring it down to base. I have been brought so far down to reality that I'm in dirt kind of understanding. You can't fool most folks so start with truth.

Love your enemy being really big on the list.ie understanding situational perspective.

edit on 28-2-2016 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

Im at the bottom, no fantasies.. But they say dont make statements cause it can burst someones imagination bubble..
Use luuuve... And when they say luuve i go;" just biochemistry from the triune and it rewards you if you can have sex cause its instinctual, a remnant of the reptilian past.. Or just do co*aine youll get the same outcome..

And now i get the
look.. Wtf did you just say

Which 95 % of the world is in..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Polluted and diluted this I must say...it time for you to reason...not ask why...
Walls you have made for protection can not protect you from yourself... Nor can the experience that hurt you be made to take the blame... To seek it falsely thru that which feels similar leaves you wanton... still hungry for it is not the same...
Instead it is time to realize the truth...allow yourself to belive it... to think it and to feel it... You know it's true... it's time to for you... to be you...
edit on 28-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

thats modern philosophy, called aesthetic, reference frame is your own imagination..

The bottom core, is a transcended state which is the most important aspect.. The goal is to achieve something divine, beauty is often the easisest cause we have something to reference it to with conditioned behaviour.. remove the animal instincts, just take the finest moments out of something animalistic, like;" Love to your own child " Which your mind tricks you to, cause you are defending your instincts..

And know i have to explain in a modest way, love with ideals.. I could use the cardinal virtues as a frame, but its cheating..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

thats modern philosophy, called aesthetic, reference frame is your own imagination..

The bottom core, is a transcended state which is the most important aspect.. The goal is to achieve something divine, beauty is often the easisest cause we have something to reference it to with conditioned behaviour.. remove the animal instincts, just take the finest moments out of something animalistic, like;" Love to your own child " Which your mind tricks you to, cause you are defending your instincts..

And know i have to explain in a modest way, love with ideals.. I could use the cardinal virtues as a frame, but its cheating..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Sorry, you don't study philosophy. Love of wisdom, wisdom is a gift. How do you study that? It either comes to you or not. You either recognize it when it does and love it or not.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Practical element and imagination are not the same.. If use logic in a debatte, i win..

Does this planet support 7,5 billion people? no
But ideals, moral, ethics and mostly philosophy explains things, dont act like an animal when you dont have to..
What supports the live of 7,5 billion people? food and "water"
How do you achieve food and water for 7,5 billion people?
Now philosophy doesnt work..
Its a theoretical element, just like theoretical physicists, i need to use a crossframe from something we can reference to "but" cannot explain and use ideals with it..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Just start looking up Alan Watts talks on Youtube... or check out some of his books in the library.

Just do that.

edit on PMq000000pmSunday0000002820 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

What you're looking for is called aphorisms.

You need to study and practice what you want to get good at.

>>

You must immerse yourself in the waters of your desires, only then can its waters flow from you.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

A blind man cannot imagine what it means to see, but he can hear things we cannot imagine..

You mean like this?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Im gonna try to expand aphorism;

A child which is blind will feel the same way as a child who can see, he will long for love like any other, does beauty lie in the eye of the beholder if the can feel the same way?

not sure if im doing it right..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The most important aspect of philosophy for me, would be that once we can contemplate our existence and relationship to the rest of the universe, there is nothing we cannot accomplish over time. It is all those things that get in the way that really slow it down.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Instinct and logic go hand in hand. Reason and wisdom are a product of learning. Learning is the process of controled failure.

Acceptance and defiance are the roots of loss in thought. Senesence....all of life is a mystery of deminishing returns and the violation of entropy.

We beget life and so questions of potency and mortality come to rise.

Our perminancy weighs heavy on our perception like mass does in the bend of time.

Time is a force of motion, velocity of thought....time passes all the same. Only the measure, only the clock changes.

We perceive our existence as one of linear progression all the while bending our mental knee to the dominance of the unknown.

The myseteries pile upon eachother and leave only a thread of insanity to the undisciplined mind.

Take logic, cement it, take faith and youth and temper the metal, take the defiant hand to grasp the hammer and throw with all your rage that weight and force. Take with the left hand of quiet the chisel and place it forever in the appropriate place of destiny undefied. Let loose and with faith and resolve, strike at yourself until the chisel wills not as an open gate the key of the hammer not needed.

When the doors swing open, when they exist, walk through.

Leap from the tower, leap from the window of witness and gather yourself in the open field.

It is like a mother, a great mother of all receiving all her children. The formless making doors to your soul.

By your soul your dual spirit is revealed.

Know evil, know good. Define them. Choose for you and your descendants. Remember your ancestors.

Honor the living. Remember life begets life. Love conquers all when you have faith. Pave ways.

More is what you need. Ask better questions. Dont seek answers.

Hold it down.

edit on 2 28 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

thank you for the advice, but im not searching for an answer.. To reach the truth you need to unlock the door to the fantasy, an exit sign.. The duality is understanding what you are not what you are taught, but as someone pointed out, maybe aphorism is better suited.. And just únderstand philosophy and let the scribes deal with it..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Yes, and the more clear you are, the better, so try writing concepts in different ways.

>>

Try being pungent, try being vivid, but be exact.

edit:Just read a lot of these and you'll get a feel for it.
edit on 2/28/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Do you have any examples you wrote?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Nope, I just understood what you were asking for so I started making some up for examples.

See also my edit in the above post or this link here.

edit: that link has 175 pages of them. notice the links at the bottom of that link.

edit2: it was kind of like you were saying that you wanted to write aphorisms without actually saying the word aphorism and so I just came and said... "yeah those are called aphorism - try aphorisms."

edit on 2/28/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join