It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump goes on defense over Mussolini quote, David Duke endorsement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Here is some reaction, in 2010, to the death of Senator Robert Byrd, a man who set up his own faction of the KKK and recruited over 100 people into it. He was in fact a senior member of the KKK and fought hard to block the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

To those so offended by David Duke supporting Trump and Trump's refusal to get drawn into the issue by CNN, what do you think should have happened to the list of people below for their steadfast support and praise for Robert Byrd? Some of the people on the list below actually endorsed him and supported his Senate positions.

Vice President of the United States (and therefore President of the Senate) Joe Biden:
"A very close friend of mine, one of my mentors, a guy who was there when I was a 29-year-old kid being sworn into the United States Senate. Shortly thereafter, a guy who stood in the rain, in the pouring rain, freezing rain outside a church as I buried my daughter and my wife before I got sworn in ... We lost the dean of the United States Senate, but also the state of West Virginia lost its most fierce advocate and, as I said, I lost a dear friend.

Democratic Senator Chris Dodd :
He [Robert Byrd] never stopped growing as a public official, and was a man who learned from his mistakes. He was more than a friend and colleague. He was a mentor to me and literally hundreds of legislators with whom he served over the past five decades.

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham:
Senator Byrd was a valuable ally and worthy opponent. He will be viewed by history as one of the giants of the Senate.

Republican Senator Orrin Hatch:
On the issues, we were frequent opponents, but he was always gracious both in victory and defeat. This is a man who earned his law degree while serving in the Senate, and who had a prodigious knowledge of ancient and modern history.

President Barack Obama:
He [Robert Byrd] was as much a part of the Senate as the marble busts that line its chamber and its corridors. His profound passion for that body and its role and responsibilities was as evident behind closed doors as it was in the stemwinders he peppered with history. He held the deepest respect of members of both parties, and he was generous with his time and advice, something I appreciated greatly as a young senator.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell:
Senator Byrd combined a devotion to the U.S. Constitution with a deep learning of history to defend the interests of his state and the traditions of the Senate. We will remember him for his fighter's spirit, his abiding faith, and for the many times he recalled the Senate to its purposes.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi:
Throughout his historic career in the House and Senate, he never stopped working to improve the lives of the people of West Virginia. While some simply bore witness to history, Senator Byrd shaped it and strove to build a brighter future for us all.

Fellow Democratic Senator from West Virginia Jay Rockefeller:
Senator Byrd came from humble beginnings in the southern coalfields, was raised by hard-working West Virginians, and triumphantly rose to the heights of power in America. But he never forgot where he came from nor who he represented, and he never abused that power for his own gain.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 29/2/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

nobody's offended by dukes endorsement of trump.
people are bemused that trump has never heard of the KKK and, isn't distancing himself from far right numbskulls.

funnier still trump fans trying to defend it.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: MystikMushroom

When was the last time the KKK lynched anyone?

Yesterday; at a 'White Lives Matter rally". The KKK killed 4 members of (the same belief?!) Skin Head (white supremacist) group; the Aryan Nation.

Again give me a break! This is so stupid, do you even know the definition of a lynching verses say, a brawl?

Whites racists killed white racists. SO much like lynching blacks, Seriously?

And you all wonder why I think you all are the fanatics!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

Its pretty easy to spot a bigot or full blown racist when they make intellectually dishonest statements about the KKK being less racist than the black panthers and blm.

When you can provide documentation about those two groups lynching and castrating white men in town squares, please do. Otherwise no.

Again, there has not been a lynching in my entire LIFE! Not one. Seriously, you wouldn't know a racist if one bit you in the rear if your calling me one.

Try looking up the definition of a racist, it might help you when deciding to define what one is or is not.
edit on 29-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't mind him using a quote from Mussolini.

But what's the deal with thee David Duke thing. Didn't he know who he was?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Anywho, found a video where David Duke actually explained the whole thing.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
a reply to: UKTruth

nobody's offended by dukes endorsement of trump.
people are bemused that trump has never heard of the KKK and, isn't distancing himself from far right numbskulls.

funnier still trump fans trying to defend it.

Well then let me rephrase my question - why so much uproar at Trump refusing to say he didnt want their votes, when another ex KKK leader was so loved by so many establishment types, including Biden and Obama? Not only did they not disavow him, they held him close and helped his career. Looks like hypocrisy to me to suite an agenda.

I think Trump played it well by refusing to be backed into a corner to make a binary decision when he didn't have all the facts of the what was going on. Lefties and media hacks just can't control him and they HATE that fact. I find it rather encouraging. I also see no reason for Trump to be saying he doesn't want votes from a group of people who are legally allowed to vote. Have you seen any of the other candidates rooting out the unsavoury groups voting for them to tell them to not vote??? I haven't.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

David Duke stated "I’m not saying I endorse everything about Trump, in fact I haven’t formally endorsed him. But I do support his candidacy, and I support voting for him as a strategic action. I hope he does everything we hope he will do."

Newsmax four days ago

I can see how Some People in the Liberal Media would Twist that into making the American Public think that Trump is a Racist because the Leader of the KKK Endorses him . That is So Far from the Truth that I can Smell the Stench of Lies from here......

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

David Duke and the history of the KKK apparently live in a vacuum on one of his Trump tower floors pushed around by a hotel maid.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

David Duke and the history of the KKK apparently live in a vacuum on one of his Trump tower floors pushed around by a hotel maid.

I think Trump just stonewalled the question because its a non story.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Kitana: When was the last time the KKK lynched anyone?

vhb: Yesterday; at a 'White Lives Matter rally". The KKK killed 4 members of (the same belief?!) Skin Head (white supremacist) group; the Aryan Nation.

Kitana: Again give me a break! This is so stupid, do you even know the definition of a lynching verses say, a brawl?
Whites racists killed white racists. SO much like lynching blacks, Seriously?
And you all wonder why I think you all are the fanatics!

Other than this response will not think of you.
edit on 29-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
To many, the KKK is opposite BLM. It seems we all gotta pick a side, I know which one I'm on. To help you make your decision, maybe ponder who has killed more innocent people the last 100 years, the KKK or the blacks in Chicago??

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

They are all non-stories; as he has set the bar too high now to even find where he crossed into the darkness of ill mannered insult slinging his mother would be embarrassed by.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

They are all non-stories; as he has set the bar too high now to even find where he crossed into the darkness of ill mannered insult slinging his mother would be embarrassed for.

Perhaps, but this one really is a non story. Some bloke with a racist past says, 'vote for Trump'. So what? Trump refuses to get involved with a media hack. So what? If you haven't figured it out yet, the media dances to Trumps tune, not the other way around. The second he starts pandering on any issue he loses.

None of that means Trump is a racist. Only a lunatic or extremist would make any kind of association between Duke and Trump.

I do find it quite amusing that for so long ANYONE who questioned the status quo was branded a conspiracy theorist and told to go and put on their tin foil hat. Yet here we are with Ted Cruz, Rubio and swathes of the same people, who used to cry 'conspiracy theory' at any difficult question, trying to engineer great conspiracies about Trump and the KKK, Trump and mafia ties with 'Fat Tony', etc.. All I can say to those people is take a deep breath, reach for your tin foil hat and lie down for a while.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

They are all non-stories; as he has set the bar too high now to even find where he crossed into the darkness of ill mannered insult slinging his mother would be embarrassed for.

So what? If you haven't figured it out yet, the media dances to Trumps tune, not the other way around. The second he starts pandering on any issue he loses. None of that means Trump is a racist. Only a lunatic or extremist would make any kind of association between Duke and Trump.

David Duke (as a lunatic/extremist) apparently thought differently and hitched his wagon to Trump's rising star.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Double Standards apply apparently. No one is talking
about Clinton direct associations with Klan members!?

Close Clinton friend and ally
Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK, not only that
he was a recruiter. He recruited over 150 people ....

According to Bill Clinton, being a member of the KKK
just equates to being a "country boy".

ETA:

Here is Hillary Clinton praising one time KKK member Senator Byrd!
Why does she not disavow his participation?

Byrd was a great man according to Hillary.

In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in Sophia, West Virginia.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A Senators Shame - Washington Post

edit on 29-2-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

So what? If you haven't figured it out yet, the media dances to Trumps tune, not the other way around. The second he starts pandering on any issue he loses. None of that means Trump is a racist. Only a lunatic or extremist would make any kind of association between Duke and Trump.

David Duke (as a lunatic/extremist) apparently thought differently and hitched his wagon to Trump's rising star.

Like I said, so what?
Robert Byrd hitched his wagon to Hillary and Obama's wagon. Worse, they hitched theirs to him.
Complete hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Double Standards apply apparently. No one is talking
about Clinton direct associations with Klan members!?

Close Clinton friend and ally
Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK, not only that
he was a recruiter. He recruited over 150 people ....

According to Bill Clinton, being a member of the KKK
just equates to being a "country boy".

EXACTLY right. This is the kind of bare faced hypocrisy that we have to live with today. Even with this right in front of the noses of the left, they STILL won't accept it. You see one of the KKK leaders was REALLY a good man, whilst the one who supports Trump makes Trump a racist and Grand Wizard. It's pathetic and any normal person sees right through it.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Like I said, so what?
Robert Byrd hitched his wagon to Hillary and Obama's wagon. Worse, they hitched theirs to him.
Complete hypocrisy.

I don't disagree at all; some will say Byrd was a KKK member during Lincolns presidency in 1865 and came around in the early 1970's to a better vision for racial equality in America.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

EXACTLY right. This is the kind of bare faced hypocrisy that we have to live with today.

Yes, thoroughly disgusting the level of outright intentional hypocrisy
on the part of the media, and die hard Clinton supporters...
I just added to that post a clip of Hillary herself praising that KKK member,
but rest assured the media will never play it.

You see one of the KKK leaders was REALLY a good man, whilst the one who supports Trump makes Trump a racist and Grand Wizard.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join