It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

u.k Tens of thousands of people in Carlisle are still without power and others have been evacuated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
there some major weather happening over in uk and areas surrounding.news link here ......

bbc

[edit on 10-1-2005 by flukemol]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How awful for those people.
Even without the tsunami disaster coverage, the US seems to get little information on world weather events. Thanks for bringing that news to us.

It seems like Great Britain and the western US are having way more than their share of rain

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
not sure what your talking about DTOM, because all you need to do is turn on CNN and you wont have to wait for over an hour before you here about the UK flood thing, and same going for California's wierd weather, I'm watching and CNN and they showed a awsome huge mud slide.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well, CNN doesn't agaree with me. Seems to me, an important news story is an important news story. All the 24/7 news channels should pick these stories up. *shrug*

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I watched the news last night and there were a lot of flood warnings and severe flood warnings in place for Northern England and Scotland. They said that one place in Scotland had recorded 14" of rain in two or three days and the river Tay, Scotlands largest, was 10 feet higher than normal.

Even in the South East where I live, the winters have been getting milder and wetter over the years. Less than 30 years ago we used to get a foot or more of snow, sometimes more than once but now we hardly see any, just more rain.

It's a gradual change in the weather but noticeable when looked at on a long term basis.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This one came right under my radar. Didn't even know it was an issue.

You know what people? This puts the whole pentagon weather report in perspective.

OMG.. I just figured "it" out.

Does anyone REMEMBER the Pentagon Weather Forecast? Ah man, its so obvious now.

www.fortune.com...

Thats a link to a story on the report.. man. It all makes sense now doesn't it? Or am I ... insane?

This is it folks.. we're watching the big time NOW.

"Cats and Dogs living together!"

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yes the weather here is pretty bad at the moment, the wind is said to reach 100 mile and hour tonight, also N ireland is having the same problems,

there are also forcasts for the 16th of jan being the same,

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
im having a hard time getting info on this story and there not much on the news about it on my side of the planet.flukemol.......

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
more reports about the flooding in the uk and surrounding areas.

story

top topics

join