It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endorsing is one thing...campaigning together is another. Hate groups in modern politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Donald Trump has been being hit by the 'race' card again recently when certain people endorsed him. These included KKK member and former presidential hopeful David Duke. There is nothing wrong with that. We all have our rights to free speech under the first amendment. It is not illegal to endorse a political candidate nor should it affect the candidate if someone does. It happens.

A group that wants to tell its followers who to vote for should not be a first tier concern. Was it racist for someone black to say to another black vote for Obama because he is black? Nope, and that is exactly what is happening here. A person has this right and it is not about the candidates race.

However, the double edged sword here is the state of racism today. Just like the 'activist' who stood at a Trump Rally with a KKK t-shirt. He was not in the KKK but the media reports it is 'KKK member in audience of Trump rally'. A far cry from the truth but in the land of Twitter and Facebook it is the 7 second glance that will sway many today in the general election as well as the primaries.

Bottom line, Trump is not for the KKK. He is not for hate groups. However, how about a little contrast. The SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center) defines the NBPP (new Black Panther Party) as a virulently racist and anti-Semitic organization whose leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law enforcement officers. So, these guys not only hate whites they hate the law. This is one up on the KKK even. This is a group that is disavowed by the original Black Panther Party calling them a black racist hate group.

www.splcenter.org...

Who stood with them in 2007 during his campaign? Barack Obama. In Selma Alabama. Ground Zero for Equal Rights. Is that what we are seeing Trump do? Walking through the street of Georgia with the KKK? Nope. There was then the voter intimidation case that went away thanks to a nice AG. This was ok back then why? Because we as a country did not want to sound racist.

If Obama was mentioned in a podcast or a rally it would have been one thing but he marched with a group who says the following.

"I hate white people. All of them. Every last iota of a cracker, I hate it. We didn't come out here to play today. There's too much serious business going on in the black community to be out here sliding through South Street with white, dirty, cracker whore bitches on our arms, and we call ourselves black men. … What the hell is wrong with you black man? You at a doomsday with a white girl on your damn arm. We keep begging white people for freedom! No wonder we not free! Your enemy cannot make you free, fool! You want freedom? You going to have to kill some crackers! You going to have to kill some of their babies!"
— King Samir Shabazz, head of the party's Philadelphia chapter, in a National Geographic documentary, January 2009

That is who Obama walked with. Again....

it is one thing to be endorsed and it is another to campaign with.
edit on 02pm29pmf0000002016-02-28T15:45:25-06:000325 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 02pm29pmf0000002016-02-28T15:46:12-06:000312 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is a great topic that deserves better scrutiny. Sadly you will just be called a racist. There's a huge double standard that has developed in our country, that is currently out of control.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Donald Trump: ‘It would be very unfair’ to disavow KKK and David Duke until I ‘do research on them’

www.rawstory.com...

All he does is deflect with BS.

K~

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The KKK - David Duke "endorsement" is probably a concerted smear campaign perpetrated by the DNC and rival Republicans against Trump.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
The Republican Party is a Hate Group in my Book, they Hate the Poor and Needy, no ifs ands or buts.

"Go get a Job ya Crippled Bastard"

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The KKK - David Duke "endorsement" is probably a concerted smear campaign perpetrated by the DNC and rival Republicans against Trump.

So ... David Duke is working for the DNC?

I have to ask ... any logical evidence for this? Any at all?

(I'm actually just curious to see what hoop you'll backflip through next ... LOL)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have to agree with that, I believe the established politicians that have been milking the cow for the past 40 years or so , are absolutely terrified right now because Trump getting elected means the future removal of any incumbent politician. Not only are they losing their cash cow , but they will all probably end up getting imprisoned for what they have done.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt

I have to agree with that, I believe the established politicians that have been milking the cow for the past 40 years or so , are absolutely terrified right now because Trump getting elected means the future removal of any incumbent politician. Not only are they losing their cash cow , but they will all probably end up getting imprisoned for what they have done.

Just curious how "Trump getting elected" results in politicians "getting imprisoned for what they've done."

Are you thinking ... what ... Trump sends the National Guard in to arrest Congress?

Or will he need his own *special* force for that?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well Duke ran for President twice.

Once as a Democrat and once as a Republican.

Obviously he (and the KKK) are double dippers and will work for the highest bidders when the bidders have common enemies.

This is an obvious example of playing both sides for profit.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Perfectly executed Xuenchen. Sometimes you do surprise me!

I had forgotten that he did TECHNICALLY run as a Democrat in 1988.

He even won the little known New Hampshire Vice Presidential Primary, LOL.

In 1988, Duke ran initially in the Democratic presidential primaries. His campaign failed to make much of an impact, with the one notable exception of winning the little-known New Hampshire Vice-Presidential primary. Duke, having failed to gain much traction as a Democrat, then successfully sought the Presidential nomination of the Populist Party. He appeared on the ballot for president in 11 states and was a write-in candidate in some other states, some with Trenton Stokes of Arkansas for vice president, and on other state ballots with Floyd Parker for vice president. He received just 47,047 votes, for 0.04 percent of the combined, national popular vote.

WIki (for easy access)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Well I was kind of thinking of it in terms of the general public elects trump then like a domino effect the general public starts to vote out every other establishment politician and like trump says start revealing all of the corrupt stuff these establishment politicians have been up to essentially accountability by the ballot box

top topics

join