It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking of KKK ->3 Stabbed At California KKK Gathering,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

While waiting outside a club to see a concert one night in DC I got into a debate over some flyers stating the KKK were going to be marching there the next day. There was the usual "we oughta throw some bricks at those m-fers" and strong language. I had been out to protest at several marches before and it occurred to me that should they be driven underground by being afraid to show themselves publicly they would only feel more ostracized from mainstream society and more likely to act out on their violent fantasies.

I told them the best way to protest would be to simply stand there and turn your back to them. If everyone did that consider the psychological effect it might have. These people need to be re-integrated back in to society, not pushed further away. That is the crux of the issue of all hate groups - feeling marginalized, oppressed and misunderstood. If these people only communicate with others in their group they will never change. We have to be willing to extend a friendly ear, hear their grievances and find a way to bring them back to embracing humanity.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

These people need to be re-integrated back in to society, not pushed further away. That is the crux of the issue of all hate groups - feeling marginalized, oppressed and misunderstood.

Ya rehabilitation is the key.
And even if you don't agree with that violence can't be the answer.
For one that is what the KKK wants, they want you to hate them. And two, you make them a martyr for the people of like minds.

Now I may be reading what you are saying wrong, but I don't exactly embrace the idea of KKK marches and what not. I 100% agree they have the right, I would rather just not see them exercise it. I think that drives their beliefs deeper when they get that going. But that is just my personal opinion.

<< 1   >>

join