It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking of KKK ->3 Stabbed At California KKK Gathering,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
After reading this article, and ALL of the KKK comments o. Another thread, I got to thinking. Will the latest Trump campaign events effect some of our oldest 'gangs'?

The KKK has bee quiet lately. The Black Panters, you know all those real gangsters from the 70s era.

Me thinks Trump will bring them all out from under the rocks they've been hiding!
meanwhile, please feel free to comment on the SoCal KKK story below.

3 Stabbed At California KKK Gathering, Police Say
Posted: Feb 27, 2016 4:57PM CST
CBS News, News on 6

Police said three people were stabbed Saturday at a Ku Klux Klan gathering in Southern California.

An altercation between a group of KKK members and counter-protesters erupted at a Klan rally in Anaheim, with both sides involved in violent attacks, Sgt. Daron Wyatt with the Anaheim Police Department told The Associated Press.

Three people, all initially believed to be counter-protesters, were stabbed. One person was in custody.

Witnesses told the Los Angeles Times the Klansmen used the point of a flagpole as a weapon while fighting with counter-protesters.

, , , K K K
edit on 28-2-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Yea.....I don't know. I mean, KKK........in California?

I'd not be surprised to see the Black Panthers make an appearance this year.......they like to intimidate people at voting locations but they seem to have gone nationally quiet of late. And with the cop shootings of people in da 'hood, the absence of the Panthers surprises me.

Strange times these.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Orange County, CA has a long history of fighting the KKK. In 1920, a huge (30,000+) KKK rally happened at that same park, and a backlash grew that drove the KKK underground. It's been war ever since.

With a history of lynchings, cross burnings and dragging people to death behind cars -- even in the last 20 years -- I have no sympathy for the KKK. They get what they deserve whenever they show their evil faces.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Yea, forgot about some of these...

Gangs

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

They helped destroy part of our downtown as well, in 1921, close to 300 died. Businesses and homes burned to the ground.

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Wow.........and I thought this was the 21st Century.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yeah? The 21st century has a history. That's how it works.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Violence instigated by the anit-protest group. Say what you will about the KKK but they received a permit and clearance for their rally which is protected speech. There was even notice from the police that it would take place. The men were jumped as soon as they got out of their cars by counter protesters.

Is this tolerance? Is this the high road? More signs of the contrived efforts to create racial hostilities.

I saw an interview from a professor who was there to observe for a book he was writing on hate groups. He tried to get in the middle of the confrontation and thought the KKK men would be killed by the anti-protesters.
edit on 28-2-2016 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Stabbed.....with a flagpole?
No bladed weapon is mentioned.
Somehow this wasn't important to the headline maker:

Wyatt said a Klan member was stomped on by counter-protesters during another altercation. Three people were detained in that incident.

I dislike the Klan as much as anyone having had threats to myself from them but I still believe they should be allowed to have their say in public.
They are hardly the monolithic group they were 30 years ago and not much danger except as individuals.
Not any more dangerous than the NBPP anyways.

ETA: people can't seem to help but bring up Trump any time the KKK is mentioned.
Can anyone give me a link to a speech or anything written by him that would merit this automatic association? And no, sending Illegal aliens back to their home countries doesn't count. That has nothing to do with race.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
Violence instigated by the anit-protest group. Say what you will about the KKK but they received a permit and clearance for their rally which is protected speech. There was even notice from the police that it would take place. The men were jumped as soon as they got out of their cars by counter protesters.

Is this tolerance? Is this the high road? More signs of the contrived efforts to create racial hostilities.

I saw an interview from a professor who was there to observe for a book he was writing on hate groups. He tried to get in the middle of the confrontation and thought the KKK men would be killed by the anti-protesters.

# them.

Want to lynch and hang our people? I'd beat their ass at any given chance. One can never forget the past - Pople learn from the past and move on, the others who still hide behind the white bed sheet will get their asses beat down.

I'd love to see a KKK member in England out in public - My White British, White Eastern Europeans, British Muslim friend would help me beat their assesd to a pulp.

Call me what you want, IDGAF. If the police are not doing the jobs and stopping these hate preaches on our streets - I guess its taken into other hands. This goes for any kind of group, BNP, KKK, EDL and any kind of Islam hate preaching organisation that goes on in London sometimes - I'd beat their asses too. and enjoy it.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Sounds like the police failed miserably in their job.
They are the ones who are really at fault here if the KKK was immediately jumped by protesters.
I wonder if they were left vulnerable intentionally?
Civil rights suit anyone?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
To belong to the KKK you have to be a registered Democrat. Thats the rules!!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Socal has a long history of white supremacy, glad that you just want to cast doubt into this without knowing that and then deflect in this rant about the Panthers. Got you the stars though.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimakls
Mistaken.
edit on thSun, 28 Feb 2016 11:11:35 -0600America/Chicago220163580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nope, it's from this guy:

Sgt. Daron Wyatt with the Anaheim Police Department told The Associated Press.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Ok I was mistaken.

Actually never mind, maybe i should just leave my foot in my mouth. Did some more reading on it, sounds like the counter protestors were in the wrong.
edit on thSun, 28 Feb 2016 11:17:57 -0600America/Chicago220165780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thSun, 28 Feb 2016 11:18:20 -0600America/Chicago220162080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

I reckon there are some kkk/edl members that would # you up. I don't condone racism, but it is irritating listening to some internet warrior say how he will beat some ass. Go online, find a group, get your friends, and go "beat some ass" then. Just pray they don't bend you over and beat your ass

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No need for a foot in the mouth, the way I cut the text did make it appear to be the testimony of some random individual. Besides, it's usually a safe bet to assume to worst of the KKK. Hate generating hate in return can create confusing results as to who was in the wrong. You're still golden imesho.

edit on 28-2-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Well I edited, then defended the counter protesters again and had to edit AGAIN after I read more. So that is why I said I needed to leave my foot in there. So screw them for making me look bad!

Hate generating hate in return can create confusing results as to who was in the wrong.

Couldn't agree more there. All these guys did was stoop to the KKK's level.
I was reading some comments too about how since the KKK can be seen as a terrorist group, that it was ok to do what they did.
That should never be the thought process.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I agree. This will only serve to embolden the Klan members and whatever chapter was operating there and bring more people to support their cause. Inversely in some ways these events cast a negative light on what could have otherwise been legit concerns for the counter protesters.

I have been witnessing two extremist sides being formed the last few years that were at best marginal before certain politicized events occurred. It is a bit disconcerting watching it unfold and feeling a bit helpless to stop it especially when you can see how co-opted and manufactured much of it is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join