It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian-American Agreement on Syria, A Russian win in Syria imminent perhaps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

The recent agreement between the USA and Russia really solves nothing, it does not even end the war, and both sides are expressing a great deal of caution about its future implementation. And yet, this is a huge victory for Russia. While it is too early to say that “the Russian won in Syria”, I think that it is now fair to say that the Russian position on Syria has won. Here is why:

First: nobody is suggesting anymore that Assad will be ousted or Damascus taken. That, in turn, means that everybody has now recognized that Syrian Arab Republic, backed by Russia, has successfully repelled the aggression of the huge coalition the AngloZionists built to overthrow Assad.

Second: Russia has forced the UNSC and the USA to admit that the vast majority of those who fight Assad today are terrorists. Of course, this is not how this was declared, but if you look at the organizations which the UNSC has already declared as ‘terrorists’ then you already have an absolute majority of the anti-Assad forces. This means that the moral and legal legitimacy of the anti-Assad forces is lies in tatters.

For sure this is just one view of the situation in Syria and things can change in a flash but going by the article it would seem the Syrian situation is nearing resolution and Russia will emerge as the Syrian savior and it will end with something of a bloody nose for the US.

One cannot help ask why the Western presence in Syria for the last 5 years was unable to resolve the conflict in Syria but the Russian presence in Syria seems to have done so in just several months.

While I am glad the Syrian govt will remain in place and hostilities are likely to scale down in the short to medium term, I get no joy out of concluding that the US will get a bloody nose out this because if the situation is as portrayed by the article, the US will lose credibility on the international stage and suffer more than just a little embarrassment and humiliation.

My fear is that this embarrassment will cause the US to strike back at Russia either by ramping up the Ukrainian situation again or perhaps ramp up the situation in the South China Sea, or, both. Another credible possibility is that the US may focus its attention on the Crimea so perhaps we may see renewed activity there in the not too distant future.

International tensions may actually be heightened as a result of what appears to be a US loss in Syria.

One also wonders how much blame for this Russian result in Syria will be sheeted back to Obama and what impact might it might have on domestic American politics. As I'm not from the US I'll leave comment on that to contributors from the US.

edit on 28-2-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

First and foremost this is about right of a nation to defend its existence without being ousted by UN.

That said, lets dig deeper and look who really was behind all of this, including 911. Who is behind ISIS. Who is behind Islamic Extremism. Who is behind exporting and financing Islamic Wahhabist Extremism all over the world. Who is paying for Syrian Refugees to have mosques in Europe, but no shelter in Syria.

Yes. You got it. That is the real issue. That is the one UN and world should unite against. Let Syria live and determine its path, and let us get the crooks behind all this mayhem. Lets level the dunes of Arabia, and oust the most evil in axis of evil that has ever set foot on this planet after communism The Wahhabism. Commies never bombed USA. But wahhabist leveled blocks in NYC. Brought several countries down on their knees. And chopped the throats and heads from those who were on their knees. Created 90+ terrorist organisations on this planet rendering immens suffering and pain along their paths.

That needs to be the topic.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yes, Russia will win in Syria.

It will win against Wahabi Islamic terrorism and the terror brought on by outside nations trying to collapse the entire government that all of society relies on to provide stability and necessary change.

Iraq did not work when they collpased the government, nor did Afghanistan or Libya. Libya has gone from the jewel of Africa to a living nightmare. Yes Gadafi needed to go, but not in the chaotic manner it was done in for example.

Russia has said it is not wed to the idea of Assad staying, so maybe he will eventually fade into the shadows when this is all over.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Who's view is this? You are supposed to provide a link to your source.
Sounds like Russian propaganda to me .

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Regardless of all the window dressings, Russia's main objective in the Middle East is to prevent a natural gas pipeline to Europe unless they can get a profit that exceeds their current profits.

Qatar/Saudia Arabia and Iran are the potential competitive adversaries.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Who's view is this? You are supposed to provide a link to your source.
Sounds like Russian propaganda to me .

Yes I know. I stuffed it by not checking to see if I had posted the link didn't I? It comes from "The Saker" or Jimstone82.221.129.208....

top topics

join