It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is motion time travel?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Questions of a sexual nature are best left to another forum...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

To attempt to answer the question you would have to determine if time is the 4th dimension or if it is just a measurement confined to the 3rd dimension...
None the less to alter the constructs of the third dimension would therefore alter time itself...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I saw what you did there.

Me? All I know is I have been on vacation the last nine days. I was hardly in motion at all, ask my wife .

Time passed, and quickly. Nine days were apparently compressed. Into two, maybe three seconds, Sol-system time.

Tonight, I head back to work in an hour. I will be in motion all night.

And it will feel about like 6,372 years( don't ask how I know how what the passing of that number of years feels like) until 7 a.m.

So......eh, I'll let you guys figure it out, but my wife would swear motion has nothing at all to do with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1
Vacations are alternate realities.
Not relevant.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
In other words if time is the fourth dimension time is a separate entity if it belongs to the 3rd dimension it is simply intertwined with movement as a means of measurement.
And is not an entity at all...

I think...
edit on 27-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Space... the final frontier. That's the 4th dimension in which all matter forms in 3 dimensions

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I think mind is the final frontier.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Which, for some people, remains terra igcognita.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I think the minds connection to reality remains terra incognita for all or most of humanity especially in the eye of the general public.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Then subdue it and the universe is open to you.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I wish I could wrap my head around these concepts but it is so abstract to me it makes my brain hurt. I used to be turned off by physics and complicated math because it somehow seemed artifical. Like some random person created it and we just take it as truth. After lurking around here for years, I've become interested and enthusiastic to learn about this stuff. I'm in awe of the brilliant minds here and can't get enough of these topics. I'm still as dumb as I ever was but I'm excited to try to soak it all in and learn more. And for that, I thank you. Here's a simpleton question: can it be proven that dimensions exist? Are they just a man made idea or metaphor? I've heard some claim there are as many as 10 or 11 dimensions. Is that just an educated guess or what? Sorry if this makes no sense please disregard if I sound too foolish to answer.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

can it be proven that dimensions exist?

Well, yes. You can measure them. My car is this long, that tall, and that wide. Three dimensions.
It was in my carport yesterday when I got home from work and it's there now. Time.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'm not convinced that what you just said has to exactly be true.

What are some other alternative theories to consider when coming to the conclusion that without a doubt our ability to perceivable measure 3 dimensions means that there are in fact 3 dimensions.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

What are some other alternative theories to consider when coming to the conclusion that without a doubt our ability to perceivable measure 3 dimensions means that there are in fact 3 dimensions.

Are you asking if more spatial dimensions could exist? Nothing in our experience says that's not possible. It's relevance though, that's debatable.

Or are you asking if fewer exist?

edit on 2/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

I believe that the dimensions are a mental construct and in the possibility of our perception of it and experience of it is a choice.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Well what I'm saying is what other possibilities exist?

Like I just said above what if the way it exist in reality and the way it exist in our minds experience of that reality are different?

What if our mind takes a 2d physical linear experience and creates a 3 dimensional graphic image in a sort of avatar like experience?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Ok. What if.

Go on...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

How does that work for a moth or a tree?

link   
Dang I realize how ignorant I sound/am. OK so length x width x height is 3d and I'll trust that time is the 4th dimension even though I don't fully grasp the concept. One last question from the remedial student: if someone refers to any dimension above the 4th, is that purely hypothetical or a theory? Have any higher dimensions been proven and what could they be? I know I'm asking cringe worthy questions here but I don't deal with geniuses everyday so I'm quite honored by any replies. Thanks!

link   

Wouldn't that make reality a mental construct and then if reality is simply a mental construct than what is the information we base the architecture of that reality on?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join